• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poisioning AOE

Neton

Journeyman
Sorry, I have a dog with low starting stats so i added poisoning instead of other magical abilities. Which now i have to decide if i should go regular AI or one of the poisoning AOE. Anyone has experience with Aura of Nausea or Poison Breath or Essence of Disease?

This dog will be a general purpose fun dog so any advise is welcome.

Much appreciated.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Important things to remember when picking moves, and this is counter-intuitive, more moves generally means lower DPS. Not all moves are created equal and if you have a bunch, your pet will use all of them, good and bad.
You should be able to add both AI and an AoE move. Whether you should is another question. AI is one of the good single target moves. AoE will attack everyone around, spend mana, and aggro everything around. Your pet will use AoE even when it's fighting a single target. It will especially be using an AoE even when you are fighting a single target and there is a bunch more targets around - because, hey, why not aggro everyone at the same time?
So, it all depends on how your general use looks. If you plan on killing a lot of spawn - by all means get an AoE. If you mostly kill one thing at a time, you'll fight faster and safer without an AoE.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They all will do what they say when the publish goes live. Make Six different and see how they compare.

Would be nice if you could get AI and Nausea.