• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Points for thieves

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you steal the sigil, do you have to stay logged in the entire corruption time to get the points - or will you get screwed if you get timed out/logged out while heating up pizza?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as your the original thief that stole the sigil and no opposing faction has refreshed them, you just need to log back in (takes 4 hours to corrupt to your faction)to get the points and silver.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you placed them on your pedestal, and they have stayed there the whole four hours for your Faciton to corrupt them (4 hours), and you are logged in when they are placed on their respective town pedestals you will get the points and silver.

H

Hell Raiser

If you placed them on your pedestal, and they have stayed there the whole four hours for your Faciton to corrupt them (4 hours), and you are logged in when they are placed on their respective town pedestals you will get the points and silver.
So then where's my silver? My theif took a sigil a little over 4 hrs ago and my theif has been in game most of that time ...yes...including the moment of corruption and it was my theif that placed the sigil upon the town pedelstal, yet I have no sliver in my backpak nor in the bank.
This is my first full day being in a faction, died twice getting the sigil home. :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then where's my silver? My theif took a sigil a little over 4 hrs ago and my theif has been in game most of that time ...yes...including the moment of corruption and it was my theif that placed the sigil upon the town pedelstal, yet I have no sliver in my backpak nor in the bank.
This is my first full day being in a faction, died twice getting the sigil home. :)
I am not for sure exactly what happened to your silver, faction sigils are bugged. If an opposing faction stole the sigil and placed it on their post and then you took it back and reset it, you should of gotten the silver, but it doesnt always work that way. We have been having sigils corrupt to Shadowlords, when there are none active on our shard, so the game is messed up. Keep trying!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been on the whole time when i have grabbed all 8 and they didnt move until placed by other people andi got all 8 worth.

I have also done the same and gotten only 2.

sigs are definalty buggy

I have seen them reported as stealable but not a chance

and have taken them off pedestals when they are undergoing purification

no idea how broken they really are.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last week, it seems they are really buggy, like I have stolen them and been on while they were placed and only received points for two of them. Also we have had them go netural on our post and go to SL.

M

mutau

YUP. Sigils are bugged broken! Have gotten points except for my very first one.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've stolen all 8 towns 3 or 4 times over and gotten zero silver and zero points. I was the thief to pick them up from the enemy faction base and I was the thief to hand them from our base to people to run them into towns.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thief steals sigil.
Thief hands sigil to faction co-member.
Co-member places sigil.

Sigils are corrupted.

Does the thief get points, or does the thief have to place the sigils themselves to get points?...la

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
supposed to get points for stealing them and your factions controlling them al the way thru placement on the respective towns pedestal

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the thief has to steal, place on faction monoliths, and then move them to the town pedestals personally. I could be wrong I don't really play my thief much.

M

mutau

Nope. My first time i got the points. I stole all of them from COM, passed them to friends to take to the base, then had everyone help me return them to the towns when they were corrupted. After that day, never saw those points again.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe you only get the points if you took them off the town sigil posts, and no points if you stole them from someones base. I've had it were my thief stole the sigil from the town, then later it was stolen from our base, someone else stole it back and placed back in our base until corrupted then took it back to the town, and my thief got the silver and points eventhough all it did was be the original thief and was logged in at the time it was placed back on the towns sigil post.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night, I signed my thief up to CoM.

All of the sigs were in their towns, so I stole them and placed them in Magencia at our HQ. Min saw that I had stolen them, and grabbed them all back and placed them in their HQ. It was late, but I couldn't let them have the last word on the subject, so I went and stole a couple of the sigs back and placed them to corrupt.

When I logged on this morning, they had been corrupted and not stolen back, so I took them and placed them on their town pedastals. The minute I placed them, I got 10 kill points and 100 silver.

I'm still not sure exactly if a thief would get any points or silver if they don't place them in their towns after being corrupted...since I did this all by myself...la

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have stolen them and had guildmates run them into the sigil room at the castle, got the points and silver for them after they corrupted. But I have also received no points or silver for the same action.

I do know that, if the opposing factions steal the sigils and you have to steal them back, you won't get the points. Also it seems to throw one of the sigils into going netural on you.

Another bug: Is the amount of time it takes to corrupt, Brit and Yew seem to be the worse on Great Lakes, up to 5 hours to corrupt at times. I know to include the server up cool down period of 1 hour, but this is happening later in the day.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Playing around with this, this weekend showed me that if you steal the sigs, and place them to be corrupted, once they are corrupted (as long as they weren't stolen back by another faction), it doesn't matter who places them in town. If you (the original thief) are online when the corrupted sigils are placed on their respective town pedistals, you will get the 100 points/100 silver...la

B

Bo from Kentwood

Arabella, the reason it reverts back to Shadowlords (and yes, now we have active SL on GL...maybe not when you said that though) is so that the Invasions can happen. Can't let trammies not have their precious invasion armor now can we?

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are having the same problem on Baja
I have personally stolen every single sigil myself, waited the four hours, and put them back....all by myself. the first time i did this i got all the points/silver.
The next time I did this, again all by myself and them not getting stolen from another faction (factions was pretty dead till my guild entered so it was easy to steal sigils) and placed them onto their towns monolith I only received credit for 2 of the towns.
This happens to me every time now, for some reason I do not get credit for more than 2 towns which makes me mad because I could have a TON of points right now.