• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plunder beacons firing without crew?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone else experience this? Sat at one now, killed crew but cannons keep firing.

Checked, double checked and triple checked all crew are dead but still can't go in the path of the cannons. :pirate:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WTH, upload_2019-3-22_20-19-14.png

IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MERCHANYT SHIP. FRIENDS SEE IT TOO LOL. maybe new housing lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's funny. It's a houseboat!

There are quite a few art glitches. See if you can exit the ship and land on a piece of that next time.

I had a funny pic of dead orcs floating around debris but I lost it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this just happened to me and my ship was scuddled before I realized lol. I finished the tower but no one got drop. not sure if it was because the ship was damaged. yes it was close to shore.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else experience this? Sat at one now, killed crew but cannons keep firing.

Checked, double checked and triple checked all crew are dead but still can't go in the path of the cannons. :pirate:

My memory for this may be a bit rusty...

However... I DO remember such an issue YEARS AND YEARS ago.

All on deck dead... cannons kept firing.

Only one way to avoid it:

Take the big ship off range... go over on rowboats. Rowboats cant be harmed... or they couldn't, back then.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My memory for this may be a bit rusty...

However... I DO remember such an issue YEARS AND YEARS ago.

All on deck dead... cannons kept firing.

Only one way to avoid it:

Take the big ship off range... go over on rowboats. Rowboats cant be harmed... or they couldn't, back then.
It's a known issue, I just didn't see the original post, but it seems it is catching people out now that it is live and everyone is making the effort. I nearly lost my ship too but luckily noticed and managed to limp out of the firing zone before it was to late.

Rowboat would be a waste of time as it does not have cannons. You could just park your regular ship out of the line of fire and use spells/ranged abilities but that would be very time consuming and not my idea of fun.

The general consensus is not to engage beacons close to land for the time being.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The general consensus is not to engage beacons close to land for the time being.
If only there was a way to record how many boats one has sunk as part of the whole HS adventures. :rolleyes:

And so many of mine were thanks to a rowboat. I'm not telling you your business. Lets say the rear of these boats HAVE no cannons. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If only there was a way to record how many boats one has sunk as part of the whole HS adventures. :rolleyes:

And so many of mine were thanks to a rowboat. I'm not telling you your business. Lets say the rear of these boats HAVE no cannons. :p
Looks like somebody has no idea what a plunder beacon is...

They have no been for years and years. Just days and days.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is hard to tell how close to shore these need to be to be bugged. Kill the orcs and see if it fires. If it does, leave.

The bugged ones will not give cargo, so don't waste your time.
That IS correct. I tested it again today.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is hard to tell how close to shore these need to be to be bugged. Kill the orcs and see if it fires. If it does, leave.

The bugged ones will not give cargo, so don't waste your time.
This can happen when they're on a server line as well. Still fire, no cargo.

Very annoying.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That IS correct. I tested it again today.
It's actually not 100% correct. Bugged firing ones CAN give loot, it's just on the uncommon side. And ones that do not fire but are "in the zone" can also not give loot.

Again, it's best just to sail away.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I think you may have your publishes mixed up, this is rising tide content. Plunder beacons are a different kettle of fish, they have no 'rear'.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's actually not 100% correct. Bugged firing ones CAN give loot, it's just on the uncommon side. And ones that do not fire but are "in the zone" can also not give loot.

Again, it's best just to sail away.
I stand corrected. My ship took damage, so I moved to a spot I could still hit the beacon. When it dropped, I DID get a drop. So, lets call it a corrected 97.3629173%. :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I stand corrected. My ship took damage, so I moved to a spot I could still hit the beacon. When it dropped, I DID get a drop. So, lets call it a corrected 97.3629173%. :)
more like 75-80% from our experience. We've done a lot of them. :p Still not worth it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
also, had 4 of the beacons that were close to shore, not give anyone the 10k cargo drops. lost 40k of points lol

ive also been seeing these around(4 of them) that will block you and there seems to be less beacons since they appeared. but cant confirm

upload_2019-3-25_13-4-50.png

Last edited: