• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PLS DELETE MY POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You forgot to mention that Mesanna has to be in a good mood and you have to have some connections in order for them to unlink accounts. Cannot begin to tell you the number of times they've refused to unlink accounts for players.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not trying to detract from this thread because this is very useful information that should be found on the UO website, but from personal experience they are inconsistent in their splitting of accounts. I will try your method on the same accounts I was told could not be separated and post their response here.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
King Greg its not Mesanna that is the trouble you had...
CS is not equipped to help UO players...
EA took that away from them long time ago
Bad players were phishing for players account info by calling multi times and getting snippets of info and piecing them together.
When the last time a phisher was caught red handed he told them CS gave him the password sorta.
Mesanna had EA strip CS the billing info. They do not like handling UO.
I know for a fact Mesanna has gone to bat for tons of players to get CS to do their job....
My friend was one who she nearly came to a screaming match with them.
So point your finger on the real cause.
You never get the same CS agent twice.....btw

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also would say this should be on uo.com

Regarding this post. I would do the following.

Put comment in the unlink that's this is sometimes not working. Let a mod delete all posts except AR stick it up let only at post additions.

In my eyes this post is very helpful to anyone who got issues so let's not derail it

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The set that we were doing it was a master account with 6 Old Master accounts like that. wanted all the accounts broken up.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looking good so far this really should be added to the top its really clear for players to use and answers a good deal of questions.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
AtlanticRealtor, I had no idea this was so complicated. The information you've provided will certainly help many players.

I'm also grateful I've never had to go through the process you've described. I'm getting a little too old to successfully (or willingly) navigate so many hurdles in order to play a game. o.0

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I believe that so many old players tried to return at one point but they couldnt pass all these steps...
I also believe that maybe EJ will help bring people back if proper handled and advertise but how those returning people will deal with the current acc mgmt if they dont have at least a step by step guide :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy you just saved me a ton trying to tell a returning player how to do most of this in one swoop.
A big thank you.
Ta my friend.. good work!

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
After 10 years of being away from UO, When I first came back a few months ago, I could see ALL of my old accounts on the account management page, but I ended up needing help from support to help me unlock MY Main account. (Which they did) I was able to get back into my main account & start playing. Now I would like to unlock some of my other old accounts, BUT none of them are visible on the Account Management page anymore.... What do I do now? I don't even remember the login names since they are gone from the account page now....

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a simple way to attach a new account? I made one, gave it a name and password and it won't let me log in and it won't let me attach it. I tried to follow the steps above, but It won't let me. I added it under my master account through the account management page.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tilde Daintree sign up for the uo.com newsletter. There is a explanation of how to find such info.
IF you know the account, or the e mail you used, CC #, many times in our tax papers is valuable bank info and many times if your smart you kept some ot your bank records they will show your payments if you used a bank card. Same for credit cards.
small bits can add up to finding your accounts.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got word from 2 returning vets when I sent them here to get the info to do their original accounts business... They understood every word!!
Got their accounts up and running. With no hastles!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is this not in the tagged section??
So the kids who been asking me how to get their billing fixed or the one poor lady who didn't know how to change her CC info...
I do not care who at Stratics may or may not have issues with the poster... GET OVER IT.
This is for the WHOLE population of UO.
I have been hearing how many had to weigh in the mine field of Billing on their own and becoming sooo angry that they threw up their hands and requit before they got back in!!
Get this in the sticky section.....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you found it... it has saved me a ton of questions to a few friends who hate billing...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump Hey MODS! sticky this up top its been so helpful.. I am wondering if this is why were getting more returning vets... they can get the damn accounts on!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump bump This is the best thing sense sliced bread.... you do not know how much this has saved me typing !!!!
2 Returning vets and 1 NEW player joined today all due to this post. I have not been thanked so much for showing them this post.
They got in and out of the billing in no time in a happy mood!!!!!
That's saying something!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bump bump This is the best thing sense sliced bread.... you do not know how much this has saved me typing !!!!
2 Returning vets and 1 NEW player joined today all due to this post. I have not been thanked so much for showing them this post.
They got in and out of the billing in no time in a happy mood!!!!!
That's saying something!
That's saying a whole lot... I agree this thread needs to be stickied somewhere that everyone knows exactly where it is and how to find it... and it's never lost until the account mismanagement system dies or is reworked.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the heads of Stratics ...
Put this to the sticky zone
The amount of help this has been to so many outweighs any contention with the OP.
He has done this to help those who have floundered at the Billing management page and CS. Who are as worthless as teets on a bull.
I have been on Oceania and found a ton of new players ! Many have commented on this being the ticket to them playing again.
This is not the only shard that has returning and new on them.
So what's the hang up??
We need the population to keep EA off the sunset routine....

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi, any tuto for How to recover old account ?

I have pseudo, can provide answer for question master, give used card info, character names.
I forgot password and can't access to the linked mail anymore (ISP stopped).
I loose the cd box for serial.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Hi, any tuto for How to recover old account ?

I have pseudo, can provide answer for question master, give used card info, character names.
I forgot password and can't access to the linked mail anymore (ISP stopped).
I loose the cd box for serial.

the only thing you need is the account name, if you have that, just follow the guide above and send an email to support

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gotta bump this again new/returning players and all will need it... still think this or all the best parts of this explaining things in detail needs to be stickied to the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.