• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please the Dev in charge of Economy explain

P

Paulina

After reading all the posts about the Payouts of Pizza being so low that it isn't worth it to make pizza anymore, and having People in game wondering and complaining, I am asking this simple question of why? And if the Dev in charge of the Economy would be so nice and answer that question honestly it would be appreciated.
Everyone is speculating why, and I am tired of hearing the in game complaints.
This is not a post to put the Dev down or anything, just a simple question that I think many of us players would like to see answered and then all the speculations could stop.
Also it would be very nice if the Dev would also elaborate on what way EA is going in regards of the economy and what the next steps are. We have not heard anything in awhile, besides logging on and seeing that the prizes have gone up, and the payouts lowered.
So please Dev or Dev's a nice reply with a honest explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

B

Bob Park

I am not a dev but I was told at the town hall meeting yesterday that it was to level the economy out. It will be going up and down all the time, they will be looking at it every day or each week to see what needs to drop in earning power so as not to get too much cash in the game. I know a lot complained about it and I feel it is a little drastic but thats me. I just can't wait to see the jammers and the other singel job things go down and watch those that use that; to see how they feel and and see what they will be saying on here.

I

imported_Armonia

I am a Jammer and a painter and our payouts are bad as well. You said you can't wait to see what the jammers will have to say when theirs goes down? Our payouts are down as well. It isn't just the Pizza payouts it is everything. Apparently you don't jam or paint. We have been complaining as well.

G

The best way to make money still is the job tracks. After a few promotions, you can make some decent money. I have 2 sims (1 bot factory and 1 restaurant) and it is working out the best compared to money objects.

P

Paulina

I appreciate your reply, but I am not one to frequent the Town hall when it is open, since I do have a real life job and at those times I am not able to play. A post from the Dev's on Stratics or their Developer site would do a lot of us people that are not able to attend town hall meetings a favor.
Thank you for your response though.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

I am a Jammer and a painter and our payouts are bad as well. You said you can't wait to see what the jammers will have to say when theirs goes down? Our payouts are down as well. It isn't just the Pizza payouts it is everything. Apparently you don't jam or paint. We have been complaining as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your frustration as well. And yes I did jam and paint, but I lost my cooking due to the fact that I am skilling mech so I have not for awhile.
Hopefully with this simple question we will get a honest answer from the Dev's. I do not want to turn this into another " Slam the Payouts and Dev's team" thread.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

A relaxing end of a long day does not consist of me sitting down at a computer and having to read or hear a long list of complaints from people in a game that I'm supposed to be playing for fun.

I would LOVE to have a ton of money to go out and buy what I want, when I want it but the game enjoyment isn't ruled by how much money I make when I sell a jam or finish a restaurant shift.

My enjoyment gauge is judged by the conversations going on around me that I've enjoy listening to or participating in. It's checking out all the neat little 'ideas' players have employed into their lots (and most of them are fairly inexpensive too.) It's the cute little games that people put together...or just being a sim.

Therefore I have decided to not participate in it. If the discussions are weighted heavily to a pity party about low payouts, I just pack up my sims and hit the road and find some place else to hang out that don't do it.

And there ARE places in EAland that don't give a flying fudge about the economy or how many simoleans they have but just want to enjoy the game and do the best they can with what is provided.

I wonder how long us spoiled brats are going to moan over the days of old when the money flowed freely from those foutains of exploits? (And it's rather ironic that before the opening of TC3 and EAland with their new economies, I don't think anyone really cared what the payouts were because money was so abundant.)

P

Paulina

Thank you Dutch. I feel the same. I have seen way to much complaining and arguing at houses about payouts, and read enough here on stratics to last me a life time. That is why I asked the questions, so for future reference we can simple refer every complainer to the answer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am not a dev but I was told at the town hall meeting yesterday that it was to level the economy out. It will be going up and down all the time, they will be looking at it every day or each week to see what needs to drop in earning power so as not to get too much cash in the game. I know a lot complained about it and I feel it is a little drastic but thats me. I just can't wait to see the jammers and the other singel job things go down and watch those that use that; to see how they feel and and see what they will be saying on here.

[/ QUOTE ] the idea of balancing the ecnomy might be a good one, but I don't know how that's accomplished if few can afford to buy or build anything

G

Keep in mind that balancing the economy isn't accomplished by flipping a switch.

If pizza is the most used money objects, then lower the payout. If it's still the most used, lower it some more. If payout is lowered to the point where it is the least used object, raise it some.

That may sound easy, but that is just one object. It gets far more complex when attempting to balance an economy with more money objects and jobs.

G

Ok. I posted this in another thread but this seems to apply here also.

The economy is a cash in/cash out now. Right now the cash going into the game is not matching what people are making at jobs and money objects. One of the biggest drains the economy needs right now is the stores. They are a big part of this. Since they are not buying from the game and they are selling what they brought with them from the old cities, the drain is not there. Also, the game takes into account how many items are out there. Jam tables are 15-20k each right now due to stores having so many for sale.

What needs to happen is stores (everyone really) need to get rid of what was in their inventory from their previous cities. With the reduction of jam tables owned, the price will start to come down... fairly quickly if this works properly. While the prices come down, the owners and roomies of stores go make money. Given a few days, prices should balance out to where it was in the begining. Then, store owners and roomies start to buy items from the game catelog and put them up for sale. Prices will be lower and more affordable to everyone and the drain will be huge in the game.

Once this happens, then the drain will be more than what people are making at jobs and money objects. At that point, payouts will start to go up to balance out. Maids, repairmen, food, etc is not enough drain on the economy to make a diffence compared to what people are making.

Ok. I think that sums it up. Questions class? lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

A relaxing end of a long day does not consist of me sitting down at a computer and having to read or hear a long list of complaints from people in a game that I'm supposed to be playing for fun.

I would LOVE to have a ton of money to go out and buy what I want, when I want it but the game enjoyment isn't ruled by how much money I make when I sell a jam or finish a restaurant shift.

My enjoyment gauge is judged by the conversations going on around me that I've enjoy listening to or participating in. It's checking out all the neat little 'ideas' players have employed into their lots (and most of them are fairly inexpensive too.) It's the cute little games that people put together...or just being a sim.

Therefore I have decided to not participate in it. If the discussions are weighted heavily to a pity party about low payouts, I just pack up my sims and hit the road and find some place else to hang out that don't do it.

And there ARE places in EAland that don't give a flying fudge about the economy or how many simoleans they have but just want to enjoy the game and do the best they can with what is provided.

I wonder how long us spoiled brats are going to moan over the days of old when the money flowed freely from those foutains of exploits? (And it's rather ironic that before the opening of TC3 and EAland with their new economies, I don't think anyone really cared what the payouts were because money was so abundant.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thread to get nasty. She just asked a question, which I thought was reasonable. I wouldn't mind having a "The New Economy For Dummies" post, myself. If you want to yell at people for complaining, go attach it to the thread specifically about that, please. There have been several floating around.

G

that sounds fine, but in reality how many are going to delete inventories in hopes the prices will drop enough they can afford to buy new?...and couldn't that first step have been done by not allowing allowing inventories to be brought with in the moves/merges?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thread to get nasty. She just asked a question, which I thought was reasonable. I wouldn't mind having a "The New Economy For Dummies" post, myself. If you want to yell at people for complaining, go attach it to the thread specifically about that, please. There have been several floating around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch has a point. Players want everything fixed, but they want to have somebody else do it. Until we as a whole take this bull by the horns and lead it where we want it to go in this instance, nothing's going to be different payout or store price wise. The devs don't need to come here and explain it....the concept of a zero sum economy is explained very thoroughly on the blog, and anythign else they can say here is only going to serve to confuse people more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch has a point. Players want everything fixed, but they want to have somebody else do it. Until we as a whole take this bull by the horns and lead it where we want it to go in this instance, nothing's going to be different payout or store price wise. The devs don't need to come here and explain it....the concept of a zero sum economy is explained very thoroughly on the blog, and anythign else they can say here is only going to serve to confuse people more.

[/ QUOTE ]meanwhile, people who don't read the blog archives are leaving

G

<blockquote><hr>

that sounds fine, but in reality how many are going to delete inventories in hopes the prices will drop enough they can afford to buy new?...and couldn't that first step have been done by not allowing allowing inventories to be brought with in the moves/merges?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that you are correct in, it *could* have been prevented, just as it *could* have been predicted by anybody who understands zero sum economies, but it wasn't....a blunder was made. The devs are humans just like we are and none of us were able to head this off. 'shoulda-coulda-wouldas' aren't going to help anything....the question is now that everybody DOES know it happened, and why it happened, are they going to be selfless enough to help it happen?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

After reading all the posts about the Payouts of Pizza being so low that it isn't worth it to make pizza anymore, and having People in game wondering and complaining, I am asking this simple question of why? And if the Dev in charge of the Economy would be so nice and answer that question honestly it would be appreciated.
Everyone is speculating why, and I am tired of hearing the in game complaints.
This is not a post to put the Dev down or anything, just a simple question that I think many of us players would like to see answered and then all the speculations could stop.
Also it would be very nice if the Dev would also elaborate on what way EA is going in regards of the economy and what the next steps are. We have not heard anything in awhile, besides logging on and seeing that the prizes have gone up, and the payouts lowered.
So please Dev or Dev's a nice reply with a honest explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Devs have already explained this to us. This is how our new economy works. If too many people are pizzaing, a lot of people were playing pizza in the past weeks are so, they payouts are going to go down to balance out the economy. Like others said, the best way to earn some ..uhh.. simoleans is to work at once of the job tracks, after a few promotions you make some really good money

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how my comment was nasty, just making an observation is all.

If this was a brand new game where players had never experienced the 'free flowing' exploit money, we wouldn't even be having this conversation probably.

P

Paulina

Well then I must have missed that post, because I do not remember. I apologize for raising a question, that already has been answered. So I believe the Mods should lock all threats including this one in regards of economic and payout questions.

G

The problem is there is no right answer. What's done is done. All the stuff got merged with the homes. We can't go back on that. We need to find a solution where everyone gives to help the economy. We have to start putting more into the pot than what we currently are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was a brand new game where players had never experienced the 'free flowing' exploit money, we wouldn't even be having this conversation probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Dutch was nasty in the least.

I understood fully what she was saying...
I agree that many do need to have the economy issues clarified for them. But on a "discussion" board everyone is allowed to have a difference of opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I got from it was someone else complaining for a post asking questions. When I said "Economy for Dummies" I meant literally, economy for dummies XD I understand the basics from reading all the posts on here, but I wouldn't mind if all of the issues were addressed in one post in plain english. And maybe spanish and japanese, since we seem to have a lot of players who speak Spanish, and Japanese is just pretty to look at.

G

On the Wiki, they have two relevant designs:

Money Pools

Dynamic Job Object Payouts

Both will help you understand the basic goal in these adjustments. Whether they are or will work, or need to be differently handled is going to be up for debate for a long while, I think.

P

Paulina

I understand all of the economy issues and problems and the payouts. What I do would like to see, is a thread thats tagged on this board just like Lee did with the keeping our accounts safe thread, from the Dev that is responsible for the Economy explaining everything. I know I was reminded by one fellow stratics poster that there was such a blog post already. But there are a many players that do not follow the Developer's blog or have not been here long enough to know about it.
Where do we send people that have Issues with anything? To the stratics board, so let's have a thread from a Dev on the Economy here, that we as players can send the people to that do not grasp the concept of the lower payouts or the complainers or spoiled brats. A tagged thread right on top, explaining it all would be great to point people too, so we wouldn't have to sit in game and listen to a gazillion questions being asked and complaints.

I feel sorry that I ever started this thread now.

Oh btw. I did not think Dutch insulted me with her reply. So lets lay of her. I know her very well in game, and if she has something to say to me she will..lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I understand all of the economy issues and problems and the payouts. What I do would like to see, is a thread thats tagged on this board just like Lee did with the keeping our accounts safe thread, from the Dev that is responsible for the Economy explaining everything. I know I was reminded by one fellow stratics poster that there was such a blog post already. But there are a many players that do not follow the Developer's blog or have not been here long enough to know about it.
Where do we send people that have Issues with anything? To the stratics board, so let's have a thread from a Dev on the Economy here, that we as players can send the people to that do not grasp the concept of the lower payouts or the complainers or spoiled brats. A tagged thread right on top, explaining it all would be great to point people too, so we wouldn't have to sit in game and listen to a gazillion questions being asked and complaints.

Oh btw. I did not think Dutch insulted me with her reply. So lets lay of her. I know her very well in game, and if she has something to say to me she will..lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel sorry Paulina. its a good discussion to have. And if people do not understand how something is working they should not hesitate to start a discussion about it. Not only did you see what you needed to see, but if anyone else had the same question they may now have the answer.

Also, maybe this could be added to one of the FAQ type threads that are stickied. If they still are.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel sorry Paulina. its a good discussion to have. And if people do not understand how something is working they should not hesitate to start a discussion about it. Not only did you see what you needed to see, but if anyone else had the same question they may now have the answer.

Also, maybe this could be added to one of the FAQ type threads that are stickied. If they still are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, yes a FAQ type thread. With the Dev explaining it in plain english so a 13 year old can understand it and possibly in several languages since we are getting a bigger international player base. Something that I can point a player too that is unaware of the changes of the economics and what they are trying to accomplish, without me sitting there in the game trying to explain it to them. That's all.
Then maybe all the posts about the low payouts will stop and people getting [ censored ] with each other will stop. Which would be actually a miracle around here..lol.

G

Paulina, this question was vey good. It's something that is affecting the game right now and needs to be discussed. By all means, if you are not sure of something.. post it. This is what this board is for.

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well said

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

Paulina, this question was vey good. It's something that is affecting the game right now and needs to be discussed. By all means, if you are not sure of something.. post it. This is what this board is for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,..lol..I think were I went wrong in the original post I wrote. Because all of you seem to think I need the question answered. Oh dears, thanks..but I am totally aware of the issues with the economy and why it is been done.

And to not to repeat myself..lol..and get that wrong, I answered to Jackies post on why and what I would like to see done by a Dev.

I'm sorry if I confused you all, heck I confuse myself on some days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Keep in mind that balancing the economy isn't accomplished by flipping a switch.

If pizza is the most used money objects, then lower the payout. If it's still the most used, lower it some more. If payout is lowered to the point where it is the least used object, raise it some.

That may sound easy, but that is just one object. It gets far more complex when attempting to balance an economy with more money objects and jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all understand the concept by now. The problem I see is that nothing goes back up. If that concept was to work true when something is used more than others and needs to be lowered, then somewhere, something should be going up.
Everything continues to get lowered, leaving this player to believe that there is something else behind the continual lowering of what players can make.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you thanks another point made right there,

G

<blockquote><hr>

...there are a many players that do not follow the Developer's blog or have not been here long enough to know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some ppl may not be aware that there is an in-game link to the blog. It's one of those widget thingys located on the Sim.... picture thingy. Whatever.

G

Thank you for posting the link about the economy and what is happening. Might I add, at that site it tells us about how the economy will change going down and back up. Even more, it explains in the future we can script our own job objects, make our own game in the game. It seems to me many are not reading the information explaining what is happening right now. For those who missed the explanation of our economy, here is the link again Economy Information

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I applaud you. You hit the nail on the head as far as i'm concerned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for posting the link about the economy and what is happening. Might I add, at that site it tells us about how the economy will change going down and back up. Even more, it explains in the future we can script our own job objects, make our own game in the game. It seems to me many are not reading the information explaining what is happening right now. For those who missed the explanation of our economy, here is the link again Economy Information

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of us are fully aware of the concept of dynamic payouts, in particular the going down and back up bit as you put it. We are all just wondering when and if ever we are going to see the back up part of the equation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a direct link to the dev's blog in the game so if you find someone there that has never heard of the blog just have them click that link
This is not an official site for the game so I don't think the devs will repost all of the stuff that pertains to the economy here when it's already posted on the ea-land site and the blog, and both links easily accessibl from game. It would just be redundant and a waste of dev time and energy when we as players can 'carry that ball' so to speak and spread the word about the blog so there WONT be so many avatars oblivious to its existence

C

Camile

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

All right, I understand your point. What I dont understand is what ultimate economy you are trying to achieve.
If many are playing a certain money object, you say lower the payout. Fine, now I roam the city try out lets say painting pictures. Thats fun. So my girlfriends and I do that, Whoops, too many sims using that money object again, payouts lowered.
What in heavens name is your ecnomic blueprint? Is this a free enonomy with choice, or is is a controled economy at the wim of developers? If I understood what the ultimate "balanced" enonomy is that you are aiming for, I might feel more like I was playing a GAME. Cause I gotta tell ya, this is no game....and it isn't any fun.

G

I realize it's a hard concept to grasp, because the product being created on the money objects is virtualized -- that is, you make a crate of jams, sell it, and it goes *poof*! And you make more. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Try to picture the object of your creation, be it a crate of jams, a painting, or a pizza, going out and being placed in a virtual market. You and I can't see this market, but there are all of your jams and pizzas that you've sold, waiting to be "bought" by virtual customers.

That's where the supply and demand kicks in. If everyone floods this virtual marketplace with pizzas, then there are far more pizzas on the market than there are customers who want them, and their value plummets. Too few pizzas on the market, and their value rises.

Does that make better sense?

I

imported_Brownie

I have heard alot of talk about balancing the economy, stopping the botters, etc... all of course are very valid points, but I cannot help but have this nagging feeling that the fundamental reason for the lower payouts is to entice the use of the ATMs. I mean lots be honest, this is a business and with any business, the more money your cutomers spend, the better for your business. Also it seems to me that implementing the ATMs seems to be counter productive to the whole "balancing the economy" thing as it too gives an unfair advantage for those who can afford to purchase simoleans vs. those who cannot. I do understand that this may have been aimed more to ppl that play free accounts, as they cannot get into money houses, and of course, this way, if they are forced to buy simoleans, than they r not really playing for free, but still...Just a thought, not a complaint.

G

I have been playing a bit in TC3, and actually sort of enjoying it. What I have noticed in there is there is a lot of new players from all over the world. I met people from Belgium and Russia just mention some places that I have never seen anyone in here from before.
The big thing I did notice is the amount of money they must be spending at the ATMs. One guy for instants in 3 days had a size 7 store stocked up fairly well and fully furnished. His sim had no skills what so ever and he had only just started in the game from scratch 3 days before. His store is full of stuff that isn't popular to a seasoned player, has the wrong beds and stoves and stuff.
Without asking him I could see that he must have spent a small fortune at the ATM.
Is this the way the devs aim to take this game?
Are we the seasoned players who play the old way no longer a viable proposition as a customer?
Do we have to change our game that much?

I

imported_Trudymac

EDIT: I tagged the wrong post, this is directed at Dutch.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was passive aggressive.

No one has a gun to your head making you read or reply to what complainers say.

You can tell by the title of the thread usually, and if not, within the first post, if it is whining, and go on your merry way, oblivious to the downers who are ruining your relax time.

Many of the other things you said in your post I agree with, but it sours everything when you open up the post by blaming others who have no control over you, for making your relax time not so much fun.

C

Camile

<blockquote><hr>

I realize it's a hard concept to grasp, because the product being created on the money objects is virtualized -- that is, you make a crate of jams, sell it, and it goes *poof*! And you make more. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Try to picture the object of your creation, be it a crate of jams, a painting, or a pizza, going out and being placed in a virtual market. You and I can't see this market, but there are all of your jams and pizzas that you've sold, waiting to be "bought" by virtual customers.

That's where the supply and demand kicks in. If everyone floods this virtual marketplace with pizzas, then there are far more pizzas on the market than there are customers who want them, and their value plummets. Too few pizzas on the market, and their value rises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks much, I appreciate your expansion of the previous moderator's explaination, and I understand supply side economics. I grasp the concept of " a virtual marketplace flooded with pizzas, or jams." But in this case, there are no actual buyers for the products being produced, since they do not, or ever will exist. The economy is simply a way of gameplayers earning a token idea of money to buy products, which again, do not actually exist.
What you are creating is price control, and that is a very dicey business. In a world that does not exist, the products produced do not exist, nor the money the player earns does not exist, how can you possibly continue to tinker with not only the money objects but with the minds of the players, who continue to try and carve out a little sim life and business?
There just has to be a better way. If you want to control the virtual amount of a certain money object produced, then you had better start announcing what the "Item of the Week" will be. Cause frustrated sims are running all over town cryin fire in the hole!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Going with what you said it brings up the question about the job track. For example the bot factory. In essence we are creating multiple bots. Have this been figured into the dynamic economy? Will be affected if more ppl get jobs? Meaning we should expect lower payout. Or is it the part of the economy where we are seen as making money for "EAL" to put into the pool?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks much, I appreciate your expansion of the previous moderator's explaination, and I understand supply side economics. I grasp the concept of " a virtual marketplace flooded with pizzas, or jams." But in this case, there are no actual buyers for the products being produced, since they do not, or ever will exist. The economy is simply a way of gameplayers earning a token idea of money to buy products, which again, do not actually exist.
What you are creating is price control, and that is a very dicey business. In a world that does not exist, the products produced do not exist, nor the money the player earns does not exist, how can you possibly continue to tinker with not only the money objects but with the minds of the players, who continue to try and carve out a little sim life and business?
There just has to be a better way. If you want to control the virtual amount of a certain money object produced, then you had better start announcing what the "Item of the Week" will be. Cause frustrated sims are running all over town cryin fire in the hole!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed the dev defenders have changed their posts about the dynamic payouts just a little. The story used to go that when to many people do jams for instants, the payouts on jams will go down. You then need to find what is paying well and switch to that. Because what dynamic payouts were meant to do as they were saying then, was to even out object use. I can remember being told it would be a good idea to skill different sims on my account to different skills, so I could be ready for what was paying well at that time. Well since everything has gone down, continues to go down and nothing has gone up, I have noticed that they have changed their argument and are in fact finding it hard to find a any decent argument. There is a lot of posts where people say they feel people complain for the sake of complaining. Well I think there are people in here that will defend the devs and make excuses for them no matter what they do, just for the sake of it.

I

imported_queenme

yes i think it certainly appears that this is how they want the game played because think about it...

how do the dual theories of putting less money into the economy thru "constantly adjusting payouts" (translation: lowering payouts) and "constantly adjusting prices to drain the economy" (translation: increasing prices more often than not) now how does that fit in with constantly ADDING an UNLIMITED amount of funds to the economy thru ATMs???

so if i understand this "self adjusting economy" correctly....everytime someone buys 5 bucks worth of simoleons from an atm...my pizza payout goes down again and then when they spend those simoleons at a store buying things, when that store owner restocks and puts more of those items out in the game, then the prices go up again......so mmmmm

does anyone else see that the only ones who benefit from the ATM's in this "self adjusting economy" is EA games?

its complete hypocrisy for them to say they have to lower payouts as we "put more money into the economy each time we get a payout from a money object or job track" yet EA GAMES CONTINUES TO FUNNEL UNLIMITED AMOUNTS into the game through their ATM

surely i cannot be the only one who can smell this heaping pile of bull crappy?

ps...sorry if this isnt the information that people wanted to see on this "informational post" it is simply the true simple facts of this in game "economy" as it currently exists imho of course, not that anyone has to agree, but it seems clear as day to me

G

With everything that is going on and everything that has become apparent, I think there is only one question that needs to be answered now.
Do these guys have no idea what they are doing, or do they know exactly what they are doing?

G

Here are some possibilities. We need actual economy data in order to determine how realistic these pairings are. Some pools are obviously not big enough.

Group Job Objects
Pizza payout linked to amount spent on fridges, grills, NPC vendors (e.g. hot dog stands) + money spent purchasing pizza machines
Maze payout linked to amount spent on purchasing properties + amount spent purchasing maze machines
Solo Job Objects
Telemarketing payouts linked to total amount spent on spotlights + amount spent purchasing telemarketing systems and phones
Easel payouts linked to amount spent on uploading custom contents + amount spent purchasing easels
Job Tracks
Robot Factory payout linked to amount spent on repairing and repair NPC wages + amount spent on purchasing potion tables
Restaurant payout linked to amount spent on purchasing buffet tables, stocking buffets and maid NPC wages
DJ/Dancer payout linked to amount spent on purchasing DJ booths and speakers"

How stupid is this????????

"Pizza payout linked to amount spent on fridges, grills, NPC vendors (e.g. hot dog stands) + money spent purchasing pizza machines"

Boy, that does not seem fair to the people that like to pizza. Sorry folks payout is so dang low cause we are not buying enough hot dogs. hahahahaha The grilles are given to us for 4th of July and the food from them is not that great. The NPC although cute are not worth it. The food does not make the sims very happy.

Why and the world does this game need some set up like this? If someone wants to pizza or paint or what every tso should be so happy that they give them lots of money to play with in game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed the dev defenders have changed their posts about the dynamic payouts just a little. The story used to go that when to many people do jams for instants, the payouts on jams will go down. You then need to find what is paying well and switch to that. Because what dynamic payouts were meant to do as they were saying then, was to even out object use. I can remember being told it would be a good idea to skill different sims on my account to different skills, so I could be ready for what was paying well at that time. Well since everything has gone down, continues to go down and nothing has gone up, I have noticed that they have changed their argument and are in fact finding it hard to find a any decent argument. There is a lot of posts where people say they feel people complain for the sake of complaining. Well I think there are people in here that will defend the devs and make excuses for them no matter what they do, just for the sake of it.

[/ QUOTE ]bravo, well said...what many forget is that the whole concept is to draw new subscribers and keep the current version of TSO in the green and alive...some get too concerned with defending the whole zero sum economy concept, and yes most of us do understand what that is. I'd like to see that be the end result as much as anyone, but we can't lose sight of the real goal here..making it a fun game and breathing life into it...simply stating that if everyone deletes their inventories then everything will be fine, is hardly a realistic solution

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks much, I appreciate your expansion of the previous moderator's explaination, and I understand supply side economics. I grasp the concept of " a virtual marketplace flooded with pizzas, or jams." But in this case, there are no actual buyers for the products being produced, since they do not, or ever will exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

EA is buying the "products" you sell (pizza, jams, potions, etc.).

The idea of dynamic pricing is just one part of the "balanced economy" theory. Another part is controlling the money supply.

Unfortunately, it appears EA has introduced a huge faucet (means by which EA-Land currency enters the economy) - ATM's for purchasing currency from EA - before they included a counter-balance - ATM's for selling currency back to EA.

If I understand correctly how they are analyzing and adjusting the flow of simoleans, the more EA-Land currency people buy from ATM's, the lower money object payouts will be and the higher catalog prices will be.

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I got from it was someone else complaining for a post asking questions. When I said "Economy for Dummies" I meant literally, economy for dummies XD I understand the basics from reading all the posts on here, but I wouldn't mind if all of the issues were addressed in one post in plain english. And maybe spanish and japanese, since we seem to have a lot of players who speak Spanish, and Japanese is just pretty to look at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see Anything more then Dutch bringing up some very good points and I agree totally with her. Some of these opinions on the economy sound like you people are ready to sroke or have a coronary. I stay off to myself or go to certain money and or skill house where I can just relax and play a game. Honestly, we don't know what EA has in store for us but im not going to piss and moan neddlessly.