• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Stop....

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Atlanteans, I am coming here because I know a lot of people read these boards and I am hoping that this slander will stop if I post about it here.

A few days ago my guild was doing a Dread Horn run and someone found a book about called Real Success, it was all about our guild and how we think we are the best and that we are recruiting. Since then, we have found tons of copies of this book everywhere. Needless to say since I am posting here, we did not write this book.

I know almost everyone is familiar with the guild that drops books for the sole purpose of recruiting people to join their guild. If that guild wishes to recruit that way I wish them the best.
However, that is a decision they made for themselves, not that someone made for them like in my situation.

If TDT wants to recruit we do it in our own fashion. Never in the three years that we have been a guild have we ever dropped books, and we will not start now. I am asking whomever is doing this to please stop, I don't know why we became your target and I don't think its fair to target a guild that would never intentionally hurt anyone by slandering their name all over Sosaria. I don't go around dropping books about other guilds and I am asking the same respect from you.

If anyone knows any information on who might be doing this please icq me 226-052-592.

There are lots of wonderful guilds on the Atlantic shard and I think we should all respect, support and be kind to one another.
There is no reason to carry out mean and malicious actions against each other, we are all here for the same reason, to have fun with friends while playing a wonderful game.

Tiny Dancer
Guild Master of The Drawing of Three

D

Draken-Korin

It is a shame these books are left about, but with that being said I think developing a bit of a tougher skin is in order. I have spoken to a few in TDT, and you Tiny, and I find you to be nice people from what I have seen and know of you.

Tiny, if people are reading these books and basing a decision on whether or not to attempt to join TDT I would think you would not really want those of such weak mind.

Walk by the books and be proud that you have drawn such attention, from my experiences with my guild (TWT) "long ago" I realized those consumed with our downfall were simply jealous of our success.

M

Mirage

Unfortunately Tiny, it probably is not going to stop now that they know it is bothering you. I know you, and I know several people who are in your guild..in fact I gave one of your members a house I didn't need anymore...and they are all very proud to be a member of your guild.

The poster above gives good advice. Walk on by the books and go about the business of being the good GM you are.

The people who know you and your guild members know the truth.

That's all that should matter.

Mir

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't be shocked if it were just an overzealous know-it-all newer guy in your guild doing it.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because someone says something in a book placed on the ground, does not make it so.

If I see an annoying book on the ground or something of slander, I just pick it up without saying or thinking anything and throw it away into a recycling bin to disappear in a few minutes.

Only books of legitimate content I do not touch when I happen upon them. After all whoever wrote the book wastes more time writing it then me simply picking it up and throwing it away.

I think unfortunately as a poster said, you just have to simply have tough skin sometimes and just ignore, block or AFK annoying people and behavior.

This goes with pretty much all online games since basically you would have to prove who is doing it and then build a case file against them.

It would be nice if they could just ban people for annoying continued behavior...but a lot of people would lose their accounts then since that would include all the other annoying or illegal behavior discussed throughout these boards.

I won't point fingers, but action doesn't get taken and it is like a double edge sword in my book...since you keep subscriber numbers up by having all these people still and they probably would not have enough subscribers without all of these people.

I would say that as long as your guild has a concise format and structure, you really would not need to care about someone trying to undermine your guild.

Just do as the poster says, and be a good GM and continue about your business.

Whoever it is...they are eventually going to get tired of doing it...and realize just how foolish they themselves were.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I've noticed a resurgence of the "Join HOT!" books as of late, too. Why can't you guys just stop dropping books?!?!

L

Lord Kynd

It is a shame these books are left about, but with that being said I think developing a bit of a tougher skin is in order. I have spoken to a few in TDT, and you Tiny, and I find you to be nice people from what I have seen and know of you.

Tiny, if people are reading these books and basing a decision on whether or not to attempt to join TDT I would think you would not really want those of such weak mind.

Walk by the books and be proud that you have drawn such attention, from my experiences with my guild (TWT) "long ago" I realized those consumed with our downfall were simply jealous of our success.
wow , usually it's LLTS that litters our lands.:gun:

D

Draken-Korin

Lord Kynd was there a point to you "highlighting" my post here?