• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Post Your Tamer Templates and # and Types of Pets

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's been a bit of a debate going on in U.Hall over the issue of whether or not it's fair to base the number of stable slots on your tamer's taming, vet, and lore skills enhanced by jewelry and other items. Some are arguing that the stable slot calculation should be based solely on your tamer's "real" skills.

Since I have a lot of tamers (yeah, I'm goofy about them), this discussion got me to wondering how many pets my many tamers would have to dump if a change along these lines went into effect today. After looking at all my tamers and their pets, it looks like ten of them would have to bid farewell to a couple of pets. After looking at the affected tamers, I do have to say I'm not too worried either because most of them have "duplicates" of some types of pets and I'm still working on many of them.

My list of tamers and the types of pets they own and stable slots they use today and what they are actually entitled to based on their real taming, vet, and lore skills is listed below. How about you? How would such a change affect you? I'm also curious about the skill combinations and types of pets most tamers have these days, so post what you have and let's compare! [Edited to add: I'm asking about skill combinations because there have also been some discussions about giving more weight to "real" skills rather than skill obtained from jewelry and items. Am asking about types of pets because I'm curious about which types of pets people have kept after the introduction of the dread warhorses and greater dragons.]

If you need help calculating stable slots, the Pacific Ranger's Council has a nice calculator on their website: http://www.strangeworld.com/uo/prc/prc.php or you can figure it out the hard way using the info on the official UO site: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/skill_35.php#l.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Pet type abbreviations: BK = bake kitsune, C = crow, CS = cu sidhe, D = dragon, DW = dread warhorse, FS = fire steed, FO = frenzied ostard, GB = giant beetle, GD = greater dragon, GH = hiryu, H = horse, K = ki-rin, LH = lesser hiryu, NM = nightmare, PL = pack llama, RB = rune beetle, U = unicorn, WW = white wyrm.)

ATLANTIC

Darshek
Real skills: 107.4 taming, 110 lore, 104.6 vet, 115 music, 120 peace, 63 med.
# of pets owned: 10 --> BK, CS, D, FS, GH, NM, PL, 2 RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 9).

Renata
Real skills: 85 taming, 85 vet, 85 lore, 88.4 eval, 86.9 resist, 70 magery. (Have not worked on this character yet.)
# of pets owned: 4 --> 2 NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 5).

BAJA

Appolonia
Real skills: 120 taming, 120 lore, 120 vet, 115 magery, 115 eval, 115 med.
# of pets owned: 11--> 3 CS, D, FS, GD, GH, NM, RB, 2 WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 14).

Luisa
Real skills: 90 taming, 101.3 lore, 90 vet, 100 detect hidden, 100 tracking, 95.5 magery, 81.4 hiding, 50 stealing.
# of pets owned: 8 --> CS, DW, 2 GH, 2 NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 2 (can own 6).

Regina
Real skills: 96.5 taming, 108.8 lore, 96.9 vet, 116.7 music, 111.8 peace, 88 magery, 70 med.
# of pets owned: 8 --> CS, D, GD, GH, 2 NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 2 (can own 6).

GREAT LAKES

Carolyn
Real skills: 117.5 taming, 110.1 vet, 110 lore, 120 music, 120 peace, 108.1 magery, 29.6 med.
# of pets owned: 11 --> CS, 4 GD, 2 GH, 2 NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 11).

Marinda
Real skills: 115.3 taming, 117.9 lore, 110 vet, 110 eval, 110 magery, 110 med, 36.9 resist.
# of pets owned: 6 --> CS, GD, GH, 2 NM, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 11).

LAKE AUSTIN

Carolyn
Real skills: 92.4 taming, 110 lore, 105 vet, 95.3 music, 89.4 peace, 88.3 magery, 90 med.
# of pets owned: 8 --> 2 GD, 2 GH, 2 NM, PL, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 8).

LAKE SUPERIOR

Carolyn
Real skills: 52.9 taming, 58.7 lore, 46.2 vet, 29.9 music, 27.5 peace, 49.7 magery, 32.7 med.
# of pets owned: 1 --> H.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 2).

LEGENDS

Carolyn
Real skills:107.2 taming, 110.2 lore, 110 vet, 120 music, 120 peace, 100 magery, 40.1 med.
# of pets owned: 10 --> 2 CS, GB, GD, 2 GH, NM, 2 RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 10).

Luisa
Real skills: 95 taming, 100 lore, 90 vet, 100 detect hidden, 100 tracking, 95 magery, 90 hiding, 50 stealing.
# of pets owned: 7 --> 2 CS, GD, GH, NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 6).

Carolyn
Real skills: 90.1 taming, 97.9 lore, 90.8 vet, 114.8 music, 110.2 peace, 100 magery, 70.2 med.
# of pets owned: 6 --> 2 CS, D, GH, NM, RB.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 5).

NAPA VALLEY

Appolonia
Real skills: 100.9 taming, 110 lore, 105 vet, 120 music, 120 peace, 100 magery, 56.3 med.
# of pets owned: 10 --> CS, 2 D, DW, GD, GH, 2 NM, RB, WW.

Luisa
Real skills: 90 taming, 100 lore, 90 vet, 100 detect hidden, 100 tracking, 95 magery, 66.7 hiding, 50 stealing, 23 med.
# of pets owned: 7 --> CS, D, GD, GH, NM, RB, WW.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 6).

OCEANIA

Gemma
Real skills: 100.7 taming, 110.1 lore, 108.4 vet, 106.5 music, 104.5 peace, 100 magery, 68.5 med
# of pets owned: 8 --> CS, D, FS, GH, NM, PL, RB, WW
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 9).

Carolyn
Real skills: 80.5 taming, 110 lore, 85.5 vet, 86.8 music, 59.2 peace, 71.8 magery, 75 med, 25.3 camping, 23.2 hiding
# of pets owned: 6 --> FO, H, NM, PL, 2 U.
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 7).

ORIGIN

Carolyn
Real skills: 94.3 taming, 110.2 lore, 110 vet, 119.4 music, 113.5 peace, 97.4 magery, 70.2 med.
# of pets owned: 10 --> 2 CS, 2 GD, GH, LH, 2 NM, PL, RB,

PACIFIC

Regina
Real skills: 98.6 taming, 110.1 lore, 105 vet, 120 music, 120 peace, 100 magery, 61.3 med.
# of pets owned: 9 --> C, D, DW, GH, 2 NM, RB, U, WW
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 8).

SONOMA

Senta
Real skills: 104.4 taming, 110 lore, 110 vet, 120 music, 116.4 peace, 100 magery, 59.2 med.
# of pets owned: 11 --> 2 CS, DW, 3 GD, GH, NM, 2 RB, WW
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 1 (can own 10).

Susannah
Real skills: 100 taming, 110.1 lore, 105 vet, 100.5 magery, 105.1 eval, 100 med, 90 hiding
# of pets owned: 9 --> 2 CS, DW, GH, 3 NM, RB, WW
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 9).

Luisa
Real skills: 98.1 taming, 105 lore, 85 vet, 86.3 magery, 17.7 med, 94.7 hiding, 93.2 herding, 40 stealth.
# of pets owned: 6 --> DW,GH, NM, 2 RB, WW
Pets owned in excess of real skills: 0 (can own 6).

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it does really suck you guys can own so many pets, yet basic chars can only have 2..

i have 2 bonded pack animals for my tailor/smith wish i could have more :(

everyday i go out mining or logging i have to buy them and release them....

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer the question first .... probably 3 on each account.

Wow, you mean the apparent ignorance that you can NOT stable pets with your jewelry off?

That is EXACTLY in keeping with the whiny people in that thread.

Take your jewelry off and you lose the pet unless you get a clue fast.

Take your jewelry off and you CAN NOT stable your pet unless you get a clue.

The concept of basing the Stables Slots on REAL skill levels, as rationalized by the Current Change in the thread your mentioning is a monumental leap of moronic logic.

Lets see now, let us equate a PASSIVE THING as in CAN NOT AFFECT CURRENT EVENTS to an ACTIVE THING that is 100% PURE UNADULTERATED ABOUT THE CURRENT EVENT.

In Context, the difficulty in raising taming vs the difficulty in raising the skill that was affected by the change, is what conservatively, 100 times more difficult?

FINE MAKE TAMING A PASSIVE SKILL TO RAISE AND CAN BE SKILLED UP AS FAST AS THE SKILL THE CHANGE AFFECTED.

Such that some one COULD REALISTICALLY RECOVER THE SKILL POINTS IN THEIR REAL LIFE LIFE TIME.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it does really suck you guys can own so many pets, yet basic chars can only have 2..

i have 2 bonded pack animals for my tailor/smith wish i could have more :(

everyday i go out mining or logging i have to buy them and release them....
Aaron, I have characters with both mining and lumberjacking skills. They each have a fire beetle and two pack animals. When it's time to mine, I just use the fire beetle and leave the pack animals stabled. When it's time to lumberjack, the pack animals come out of the stable and the fire beetle also stays out, or it could be stabled if I feel like having the character walk instead of ride.

How many pack animals are you using at one time? Do you need a fire beetle? If yes, which shard? I'll be happy to tame one for you if it's a shard I play on.

And characters without sufficient taming, lore and vet skill can only have 2 pets in the stable at once. They can still have bonded (or unbonded) pets out of the stable at the same time, as long as they don't exceed 5 control slots.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't got any pets I'm selling just now, so I think all I'll have to do is train my fisher a bit or move her 2 trained sheep to another char. I've always been paranoid about the stable bug hitting me so I've never overstepped the mark on a regular basis.

If it was implemented in a way that you basically couldn't add to your stables until you raised skill, you wouldn't have to lose a single pet. Especially if you were given, as I'd suggest, a grace stabling so you could swap out a pet once then the stable was locked till you trained.

I don't think it's a good idea making pets go poof out the stables as not all players would know about the change until it was too late. Besides, even if you tried to keep jewellery on all the time, it drops off the minute you die. Which is why I think it's safer to stop stable slots being affected by jewellery and lock down a player's stable, than saying "remove the jewels and the stable slot goes instantly". That, to me, is a much worse "fix" to the stabling issue. I don't think Jeremy clarified what she meant about fixing the stabling thing, which was a bit worrying.

This change should go hand-in-hand with more stable slots for everyone ideally, then there would be minimal losses, if any, but certain folks would have one less reason to pancake about tamers using jewels for this and that. We need 5 slots as the starting point IMO, because anyone can own and control 5 low level pets, so they should be able to stable them as well.

Overall, I do think real skill should give tamers more than twinked skill, because with the rewards a tamer gets when they're fully trained, some effort should be necessary to get them. I know that view usually gets me called some colourful things, but I'm not one for entering popularity contests in UO :D

Wenchy

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My menagerie currently consists of two cu's, one hiryu, one greater dragon, one nightmare, one bake kitsune and one rune beetle.

My skill level without jewelery is 90 taming, 110 lore, 110 vet, leaving me with... 9 stable slots I believe. (5 from 310 combined skill + 2 for 100 skills + 2 for 110 skills. Jewelery gives me 3 more, in theory. I have 7 pets, so I wouldn't lose a single one from stable changes. But I would lose my ability to make a good pack, which is my next tamer objective.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of 7 tamers, I'd lose no pets. I currently have 18 empty stable slots (mainly because I have only one extra pet in training right now and I'd just did my bi-yearly cleaning of the stables last week).

I REALLY think they need to raise base stable slots to 5. I'd love to be able to have a blue beetle for my miner/lumberjack as well as his fire beetle and pack horses. And I could train up another packy for him to use. And my mule could definately use more stable slots since she can't stable her beetle without pulling something else out when she makes golems.

Oh and Pack instinct critters need a stabling bonus to make it easier to have them. I have two packs stabled taking up much of the space on two tamers.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By all means every one should get 3 additional Stable Slots IF EA/M can't see their way clear to removing the stables totally and give an artifact that can make a pet a statuette then back (which can be explained in detail how it works).

BUT

One should argue that Jewelry should be removed from the game, rather than attack the issue indirectly from a punitive stand point.

The reality is that Jewelry is in the game.

Much of the game play is based on the reasons Jewelry was introduced.

IF this path is pursued, then there will be those that rightfully call for some (and maybe more) of the following.

You have a +str piece. Your over your natural weight limit. Your stuff goes PUFF, you know that heavy plate piece you love so much.

Your have a +dex piece. You don't meet the requirements naturally. Your Stuff goes Puff.

The list goes on and on.

So you make a lot of people angry and create one humongous FEEDING FRENZY of righteous retribution.

Pack animals should be counted as a single slot.

Animal Taming should be a PASSIVE skill to raise, like the whining Necromancers skill is.

Animal Taming should be able to be raised to 120 like the other skills in roughly 24 hours of passive effort. Passive in this contect means it is raised by both Lore and Veterinary AND re taming a released pet.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill gain and other stats on items are different issues. OK, we get all from items, but I don't see the point in addressing all these things at once, especially if they don't need changing.

Balancing should be done in stages, so we can see how those balances are working before we add more. Because some things may not need balancing if others are changed. I don't see any benefit to pulling every item bonus into this discussion. I'm concerned with talking taming, and in all honesty I think our profession is one of (if not THE) biggest users of skill + items. Which for me says we should be dealt with first.

I believe that a powerful template should be challenging to build, or it becomes unfair to others if the next guy can macro his way to a full 120 tamer who flattens his mage or whatever. So no, I don't think it should be passively trained. Given that EA seem too stretched to deal with cheats, I imagine the scripted tamers would be falling out the woodwork if they could script for 24 hours and make a tamer. Eesh. Honestly, if that came about I'd be gone so fast you wouldn't see the smoke trail. Herding would be more of a challenge...

I would suggest shortening the skill use timer so we get more tames in per hour (but not shortening it to like 2 secs lol), and giving faster gains to those who tame aggressive pets. Though to be fair to non bards, I think that extra skill gain should be on non-peaced beasties. Then if you want to train more swiftly you can, but you need to take on more risk. I don't think there would be a huge objection to faster gains if they went hand in hand with the increased risk.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill gain and other stats on items are different issues. OK, we get all from items, but I don't see the point in addressing all these things at once, especially if they don't need changing.

Balancing should be done in stages, so we can see how those balances are working before we add more. Because some things may not need balancing if others are changed. I don't see any benefit to pulling every item bonus into this discussion. I'm concerned with talking taming, and in all honesty I think our profession is one of (if not THE) biggest users of skill + items. Which for me says we should be dealt with first.

I believe that a powerful template should be challenging to build, or it becomes unfair to others if the next guy can macro his way to a full 120 tamer who flattens his mage or whatever. So no, I don't think it should be passively trained. Given that EA seem too stretched to deal with cheats, I imagine the scripted tamers would be falling out the woodwork if they could script for 24 hours and make a tamer. Eesh. Honestly, if that came about I'd be gone so fast you wouldn't see the smoke trail. Herding would be more of a challenge...

I would suggest shortening the skill use timer so we get more tames in per hour (but not shortening it to like 2 secs lol), and giving faster gains to those who tame aggressive pets. Though to be fair to non bards, I think that extra skill gain should be on non-peaced beasties. Then if you want to train more swiftly you can, but you need to take on more risk. I don't think there would be a huge objection to faster gains if they went hand in hand with the increased risk.

Wenchy
There is a rub, your opinion is that these those things do not offend you so they do not need to be dealt with.

The reality is that there are a lot of people that play UO and they each represent a different take on things.

So there should NOT be a distinction of doing or NOT doing a thing because an individual does NOT see them as offensive.

IF the rule is going to be that one loses things because they take of the Jewelry then how does on realistically justify that .... well it only applies to some things.?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I explained myself pretty well in my last post.

I don't see the point in getting into an argument over whether I'm offended by this and that. I supported my arguments with reasoning, which would be a better starting point for discussion. If you have issues with items as a whole or specific ones that aren't about taming, bring it up on the right forum, but I don't see why this discussion needs to envelope every item property in game before we discuss taming.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I explained myself pretty well in my last post.

I don't see the point in getting into an argument over whether I'm offended by this and that. I supported my arguments with reasoning, which would be a better starting point for discussion. If you have issues with items as a whole or specific ones that aren't about taming, bring it up on the right forum, but I don't see why this discussion needs to envelope every item property in game before we discuss taming.

Wenchy
We will agree to NOT argue with one another as I do not do that, well rarely do I do that.

The bolded part is to point out that every one thinks their post are based on quality reasoning. Everyone tends to get offended when their quality reasoning is "picked on (aka refuted/rebutted)".

Yes this is the Taming forum.

Yes this proposal is based on retribution for the Vampire Form change.

Yes your replies are based on the belief that Jewelry has no basis in UO as you define it.

The Reality is that the issue is NOT just about Tamers.

The Reality is the arguments are punitive and advocating personal preference WITH NO REGARD TO CONSEQUENCES.

This may help in the understanding of my point.

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a legal case establishing a principle or rule that a court or other judicial body adopts when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts.

The precedent on an issue is the collective body of judicially announced principles that a court should consider when interpreting the law. When a precedent establishes an important legal principle, or represents new or changed law on a particular issue, that precedent is often known as a landmark decision.

Precedent is central to legal analysis and rulings in countries that follow common law like the United Kingdom and Canada (except Quebec). In some systems precedent is not binding but is taken into account by the courts.
If it is unclear HOW this applies, then here is the HOW.

Ones proposal goes through.

Some one gets angry with a template.

They site THAT PRECEDENT as justification to change that thing.

If one thinks this does NOT CASCADE, then well ..... there will be a difference of Life Experience.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance we can get this thread back to its original intent? I'd like to see more posts about the number of pets tamers have that exceed the number of stable slots they have based strictly on their real taming, lore, and vet skills. Would also like to see what kind of templates tamers are currently using and what types of pets people are hanging onto.

As you can see from my first post, I've got tamers at all levels of skill, so if changes are made in things like number of slots, removing or giving less credit to skill jewelry, etc., I'm affected just as much as anyone else. So please don't hesitate to post if you think I'm asking because I plan to attack someone with the information later. I would just like to get some information out there for people to look at. It may surprise some people and for others it may confirm what they already know.

Thanks!

Edited to add: I changed the title of the thread to be less inflammatory/alarming. :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this proposal is based on retribution for the Vampire Form change.
I and numerous others have been against skill + jewellery long before sampires were a twinkle in anyone's eye. We're tamers here, not vampires. That's UHall.

Yes your replies are based on the belief that Jewelry has no basis in UO as you define it.
I object to skill + items while they give the same perks as real skill with zero effort or maintenance.

That doesn't change the fact that taming brings powerful rewards and that they're easily obtained. Does it? Less than 10 mil for an advanced char token with change to buy a few taming jewels. Instant tamer, grab any pet I want, stable what I like and keep it. I never need to train if I don't want to under the current system. Where training up would take at least a week presuming you don't get RSI or need sleep. Not to mention the time to train vet up, albeit that's pretty quick. Still takes a decent length of time all in though.

If you think the above disparity is fair, you're entitled to have that opinion. I just prefer to see the greater reward go to the player who put in the greatest effort.

The Reality is that the issue is NOT just about Tamers.
Correct. But here we're discussing tamers, because we're staying on topic. Or trying to.

The Reality is the arguments are punitive and advocating personal preference WITH NO REGARD TO CONSEQUENCES.
It's called balancing.
Un-balanced taming: rewards (great) : effort and risk (low)

Balanced taming: rewards (high) : risk/effort (high, or higher than we have)

Some balances are necessary whether the players themselves like it or not. The developers are more than savvy enough to know what's a fair request and what's stupid. If they didn't, greater dragons would have been gone long ago ;)

Now, back to discussing stable slots....

Wenchy

S

sinalong

Ok I have one tammer and I have one account and I struggle to play this account. I realy can not c the point in haveing more than one account even if u have all the time in the world. But if I had my way I woul ban all skill jewels NOW. Yes I use them but I think they are the worse thing to happen bar none in the game, second only to pre generated pc... dont burn me please ....

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edited to add: I changed the title of the thread to be less inflammatory/alarming. :)
Yes you did and there is a quote, "A rose by any other name ..."

The issue is if it is valid or not to review the Mods of Items. One can not simply pick and choose which ones.

Wenchy is entitled to make the issue about implementing her definition of how UO should be. She can throw the ambiguous term Balance all she wants. The reality is there will never be Balance in the context of a Community, hence from a Community perspective Balance is nothing but White Noise as it has no common acceptance as to what constitutes Balance.

I disagree, this kind of logic will only cascade out of control, beyond any ones wildest imagination.

Either Mods are in or Mods are out.

As for the informational part, well, it is rather peculiar that the request for information is coupled to a Change in Mods. You may never had intended it to be but your post has made it so and no, in my opinion, splitting them now is a redo of "A Rose by any other name is ...."

EA/Mythic has the information at their finger tips and that information is based on Reality and not made up things by posters with a goal to reach. <- That does NOT mean anyone is doing that here. It is saying that this is a public, anonymous forum where nothing can be really proven or dis proven and people take serious advantage of that.

In short the REAL information is known by those that will make the call. Posters will only state what they feel gets them the outcome they want to see.

My two tamers have +29 Taming and +27 Taming. The +29 is at 115 and the +27 is at 120.

The 120 is really +32 as she has the Bird.

The 115 is really at +34 as I got him the bird last night.

Edit per prequest:

The 120 Tamer is a Peace Tamer (Music+Peace @ 120)
the 115 Tamer is a Stealth Tamer (Hiding+Stealth @ 100)

Both have residue skill points in Magery and Meditation or Focus.

The 120 has a skill total of 271
The 115 has a skill total of 241 (maybe closer to 251 now with the bird, if I can get the 120 lore and taming scrolls)

End of Edit

They both have 2 Greater Dragons, 2 Cu's, 1 Dread, 1 Hyru.

After that it is getting hazy as there is a Mix of For Sale or In Training Cu's, Fire Steeds, Nightmares and Runic Beetles.

If a Tamer's item of choice is a Pet, then why should they be limited to the number of pets they have?

Is any of the Melee Templates Limited to the Items of choice? Why No they are not.

I am unclear why the decision to remove the ability to transform a Pet to a Statuette and back was removed (although I can assume why) but it was. They seriously need to revisit that decision and reimplement it without the obvious abuses.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enigma, thanks for posting your information. Which other skills do you have on your tamers? Don't have to post exact values if you don't want to.

C

Connor_Graham

Per request, here is my Tamer & pets:

Taming 96ish
Lore 110
Vet 100

Pets-

Cu Sidhe
Greater Dragon
Hiryu
Dread Mare
Rune Beetle
Pack Llama
Nightmare (currently out of stable being used as a mount)

I think my limit is 8, but the link Tina provided above for the tamers site had a problem with the window sizing so I couldn't see the calculated total, so I had to go by what Stratics had. Either way, I'm under my limit.

A

Amgedpha

I'll admit that I'm also infected with MTS (multiple tamer syndrome).

I have 16 tamers spread across the west coast shards, and I'm kind of on the process of making a 17th one (still waiting for Stygian Abyss). From what I recall, only one of them is bumped up by taming jewels, but I still have enough stables for all of my pets.

Anyway, I can't recall all the numbers and pets I have at the moment, so I'll probably post them later.

S

Starla

I have 3 tamers altogether on Oceania.

Skills listed (real skills)

Starla (elf): 120 taming, 120 vet, 120 lore, 120 music, 120 discord, 120 mage

My favorite pets : my blaze cu'sidhe, greater dragon
Has almost all other pets in stable, including neon purple jack rabbit and rabbit.

Starla (Human) : 107+ taming, 115 Lore, 110+ vet, 120 Mage, 120 resist, the rest in med. Wears high MR suit to offset low med.

My favorite pets: red cu'sidhe, greater dragon

Sirius (human) : 85 taming (new, aiming for 110 tame), 115 Lore, 100 vet, 120 swords, 120 Bushido, 65 Chiv, 90 Tactics.

No pets yet, cause I just recently tinkered with this template. But I think it is going to work great.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....and templates and pets!

How do I twist your arm, Wenchkin, to get you to post that info?! ROFL

:D
If only my memory extended to all my templates and who has which pets...

Quick check of the stables has revealed that I need a serious re-shuffle courtesy of my main lass dumping her older pets on her younger siblings. The things some players do to avoid turfing out pixels :D God I'm going to be doing a lot of stable shuffling the more I look at these lists...

Ok, Ailsa has all taming skills maxed even herding, With magery, hiding and the rest in stealth.
Currently holding 15 pets, need to move her 2nd dread mare to one of my younger gals so she can use her greater dragon, but she'd be fine otherwise.

2nd tamer is on a closed account with no pets, so she won't be going over! I got her to 110 tame, lore and vet. She was my first disco/provo tamer. And the other reason why no matter how many tamers I make, I'll still have a WW and mare for each, she offloaded before I retired her :D :D

3rd tamer is disco/voke tamer (tame skills + music, disco, provo and the rest in magery) - replacement for tamer 2 but not yet trained up. Babysitting 3 of Ailsa's pets (see what I mean about dumping? lol) so totaling 10 slots when she should only have 9. But she's just shy of 2 milestones for getting extra slots if I got out and trained her, so that's easily rectifiable with a day's training if I got motivated.

4th tamer is another bard: a disco tamer but with spellweaving instead of provo. I'm tempted to change her barding for necro and SS and creating some idiotic template of a necro spellweaving tamer. Possibly tame, lore vet, spellweaving, necro, spirit speak and the rest in med. Then my thief can become a stealth disco/voke bard and die even more frequently than she does already :D

5th tamer isn't a proper tamer who hunts with pets, just my fisher who has a pair of kitsune on her boat, because they're cute and giggle. She'll need to train to make room for her killer sheep, but could accomodate the kits and ride her beetle in the meantime. In fact I only *need* 1 kit for her, it's just cuter having Sugar and Spice out together :)

6th tamer was started as an archer peacer pally tamer (don't ask) just to see how badly I could twink in the name of comedy, and I called her Twinkerbelle for that very reason. Haven't fully figured out what I'll do with her now that idea's out the window. Think I'm going to delete her and make a feline RP char to hunt solely with Ailsa's cat pack. Then we can turn over all the taverns on Europa and make off with their milk and meat stocks *wink* Pet wise she has a frenzy pack that will be released to make way for the cats.

Now I bet you wish you hadn't asked :D

Wenchy

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New addition:

My necromancer now has two pets, a pair of bake kitsune named Flotsam and Jetsam. I did get rid of two pack beetles to obtain my new babies, and soon I'll work taming up to the bare minimum for bonding. I haven't worked out the details yet, but I'm thinking...
81 taming, 81 lore, 105 necromancy, 110 spirit speak, 110 magery, 110 EI, 110 meditation, with the extra 13 points in whatever I get power scrolls in first.

K

Kurgan

Lord Elrond - Napa Valley

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
110 Magery
115 Music
115 Peace

That is 700, have 20 points left over.
All skill, no jewelry..

CS = Cu Sidhe
DW = Dread Warhorse X2
FS = Fire Steed
GB = Giant Beetle
GD = Greater Dragon
DR = Drake
GH = Hiryu
K = Ki-Rin (Meat Eater)
NM = Nightmare
RB = Rune Beetle
WW = White Wyrm
FR = Ferret
SQ = Squirl

14 in all..

Plus I have a few pets I moved to another char for storage..

NPB = Neon Purple Bunny
FR = Ferret

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is good stuff, everyone! Keep the info coming. I know I plan to ask a few people about how they've trained up some of those unusual pets and what they do with them. (I have a pesky crow on Pacific that I want to train.)

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm lets see if i can remember...

Skills:
120 Lore
115 Vet
98 Taming (scrolled to 120, using jewels)
Ninjitsu 100 (stoning)
No Skill
No Skill
No Skill

Scrolls eaten:
110 Weaving
110 Eval
110 Mage
110 Med

As you can see... ive messed him up bad...=)

Pets:
Cu Sidhe: 3
WW: 1
Mare: 1
Dreads: 2
Kitunes: 2
Rune Beetle: 1

hmm...i think thats it...

Necromage weaver:
2 Kitsunes (dont bother bonding em, use em for rp anyway)

I always lore the necros kitsunes before i waste em...hehe

T

Tony Blair

Lord Georgius
120 taming, lore, vet, magery, music, disco
The equipment is 100% lrc and about 1300 luck. Pathetic resistances are the drawback.
He owns 1 red and 1 grey gd, 1 kiri, 1 dread warhorse, 1 ww, 1 hiryu, 1 reptalon, 2 fire steeds, 1 nightmare, 1 old grey dragon

S

Salty Pete

My tamer has this template;

GM taming (115 with jewerly)
110 lore
110 vet
GM peace (115 with jewerly)
110 music
GM provoke
90 magery

This character's template will be changing though... It is a left over from pre AoS.

Stabled animals? 1 dragon 1 WW 2 fire steeds 3 nightmares 1 GD 1 unicorn