• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please make emote & text NON dismount

G

I have been having some issues when I get emotes say like " the acid scars your weapon" while in combat & clicking the MOBs around me making me dismount.. This is a very bothersome issue. It is treated like I am clicking myself..

G

Try it.. I tried it yet again after reading this.. In 2d.. Your own words will do it too.. Say something and double click the text..

G

OH, so you're double-clicking a line of TEXT?

o_O do the hotbar thing instead of trying to click wildly around your character. My chances of accidentally clicking a line of text are so low as to be nonexistent, why would I want to bother actually trying to do so?

G

Of course dbl clicking your words will dismount you, just like dbl clicking/targeting a monster causes you to attack, etc the monster. I agree, an option for yourself would be great, have done it myself in the most inoppertune times too
. It does suck lol

G

I would be happy if there was a toggle of some sort. I am fighting away and clicking retargeting when needed only to be dismounted when the damn text pops up on top of my intended target.
Just allow me to turn that off and we are good.

G

Taking into consideration your reply mayhaps this could only effect the text from yourself that dismounts you not effecting other players or creature text/emotes from targeting or opening paperdolls.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing infuriates me more than being in battle and trying to target something and accidentally double-clicking myself, suddenly dropping me on foot and severely hampering my combat style.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lets have a friggin option under the Interface:

[ ] NEVER DISMOUNT WHILE IN COMBAT

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be a really good way to correct this.

C

Connor_Graham

"Now see THAT I could get behind. But I don't buy that it's emotes that are causing the OP to dismount."

Any text, including spell words, will make you dismount if you double click them. Even using hotbars, you can still accidentally double click when trying to grab them.

I set up a macro quite some time back for a quick remount for those occasions. Calls the wayward mount that thinks it can take on a paragon dragon and remounts all in the same macro.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I really hope they don't take out that clicking of people's words to bring up the paperdoll.
I do that really often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same too, makes finding what person, is selling that something, a lot easier in a crowed bank

G

Use the target and attack macroes builded in UO and this won't happen, second it will make you faster when you get use to it.