• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please increase the MIBs spawn for fisherman

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really needs to increase. My sampire farms them faster than my fisherman and that is just wrong. :mad:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
How much are savage hooks and where do you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I fish off mag docks and get a good deal.
Toss the green nets and your sure to get something...mib, net , map or a combo.
My fish tanks give me a few more...
Whats the big deal with mibs?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really needs to increase. My sampire farms them faster than my fisherman and that is just wrong. :mad:
Your Sampire is tossing a magical hook in the water and defeating 3 or more creatures that have the potential to carry a MIB every 20-30 seconds. vs a fisherman using a fishing pole to have a 1 in a couple hundred chance every 11 seconds of pulling 1 creature that has the potential to have an MIB and the math doesn't add up?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your Sampire is tossing a magical hook in the water and defeating 3 or more creatures that have the potential to carry a MIB every 20-30 seconds. vs a fisherman using a fishing pole to have a 1 in a couple hundred chance every 11 seconds of pulling 1 creature that has the potential to have an MIB and the math doesn't add up?
Maybe they should stop mibs from appearing on krakens from the hooks. Just silly that one of the few things a fisherman can do of value can be done much better with something other than a fisherman.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should stop mibs from appearing on krakens from the hooks. Just silly that one of the few things a fisherman can do of value can be done much better with something other than a fisherman.
I don't disagree, that is something that had an unintended (i hope) consequence. not sure how they would go about separating the two, but i'd be for it.

TheWolf

Adventurer
I have only ever fished up one MIB, when my fisherman was at about 87 skill. Hundreds of hours of fishing, and not another MIB fished up. Hundreds from serpent loot though. I was expecting like maybe .5% chance to reel up a MIB. Instead its more like .000005% chance from what I have experienced. Is it just bad luck, or am I doing something wrong? Do I have to pay to get the good drop rate? Or has MIB always came from just loot?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only ever fished up one MIB, when my fisherman was at about 87 skill. Hundreds of hours of fishing, and not another MIB fished up. Hundreds from serpent loot though. I was expecting like maybe .5% chance to reel up a MIB. Instead its more like .000005% chance from what I have experienced. Is it just bad luck, or am I doing something wrong? Do I have to pay to get the good drop rate? Or has MIB always came from just loot?
if you check your journal, most times when you fish up a serpent with a MIB, it will say "you have found a bottle with a message in it" or something to that effect right before the serpent appears.

TheWolf

Adventurer
if you check your journal, most times when you fish up a serpent with a MIB, it will say "you have found a bottle with a message in it" or something to that effect right before the serpent appears.
I get a message "uh oh! That doesn't look like a fish!" Nothing about mib
Per uoguide, it says mib can be fished up at 75+ skill. The one and only I have fished up was at 87 skill. The rest are from loot on serpents or krakens

edit* ok I had to go check. I see the message you are talking about now, first I have noticed. So how it works is, when you fish up a MIB, you must kill the monster to loot it? Did I get extremely luck once, when the MIB dropped right into my backpack, and no monster had spawned?

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get a message "uh oh! That doesn't look like a fish!" Nothing about mib
Per uoguide, it says mib can be fished up at 75+ skill. The one and only I have fished up was at 87 skill. The rest are from loot on serpents or krakens
If you pull something up always kill it and search. Other than that, yeah odds suck. I wouldn't even bother trying to fish up mibs. Take a your best combat template and use salvage hooks. I use my sampire and drop eight hooks at a time. Energy double axe with snake slayer. Use confidence just before first round spawns and whirlwind away. Also stand at bow of boat so critters get within reach and not get hung up. Very easy to get 30-40 an hour. Now the downside is the salvage hooks cost 1900 gold. I average one mib for every 5 hooks so thats about 10k/mib.

TheWolf

Adventurer
If you pull something up always kill it and search. Other than that, yeah odds suck. I wouldn't even bother trying to fish up mibs. Take a your best combat template and use salvage hooks. I use my sampire and drop eight hooks at a time. Energy double axe with snake slayer. Use confidence just before first round spawns and whirlwind away. Also stand at bow of boat so critters get within reach and not get hung up. Very easy to get 30-40 an hour. Now the downside is the salvage hooks cost 1900 gold. I average one mib for every 5 hooks so thats about 10k/mib.
I do not have high seas, but thank you for the tip anyways. Fishing was something I was doing while I was playing a more fun / challenging game. Just wanted to try and keep up with all the script farmers. If I have to tab back in to kill a snake every 10 minutes for something that is pretty useless to begin with, I will just add fishing to one of the top of the most useless skills list. MIB and white pearls was the only reason I made the fisher. I will just add white pearls to the long list of materials that are cheaper to buy than try and farm. Chalk up another win for the afk scripters

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not have high seas, but thank you for the tip anyways. Fishing was something I was doing while I was playing a more fun / challenging game. Just wanted to try and keep up with all the script farmers. If I have to tab back in to kill a snake every 10 minutes for something that is pretty useless to begin with, I will just add fishing to one of the top of the most useless skills list. MIB and white pearls was the only reason I made the fisher. I will just add white pearls to the long list of materials that are cheaper to buy than try and farm. Chalk up another win for the afk scripters
You dont need high seas. I don't have it.

I still love my fisherman though. Fishing up mibs, while not as good as it should be, is still profitable and fun.

TheWolf

Adventurer
You dont need high seas. I don't have it.

I still love my fisherman though. Fishing up mibs, while not as good as it should be, is still profitable and fun.
Pretty great tip for mib farming. Just not really my cup of tea. I would never waste time sailing around to to fish up a SOS. One day though I may do the ancient SOS's I have accumulated, in hopes of finding a soulforge to save me a couple tiles of space.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So are MIBs really worth 100k that I keep seeing them for on VS

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are MIBs really worth 100k that I keep seeing them for on VS

I wouldn't pay that much. I usually price them at 20-25k each in the bottle 15k out of bottle. Ancient SOSs (white ones) about 500k each.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't pay that much. I usually price them at 20-25k each in the bottle 15k out of bottle. Ancient SOSs (white ones) about 500k each.
Nice I will get some more selling soon I hope then

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The ropes for the hitching posts come from krakens?

Multiple ropes from Kraken plus the bridle from the Red Death, are the crafting ingredients for the hitching ropes to recharge the post (as well as to make the replica posts with a tinker)

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Multiple ropes from Kraken plus the bridle from the Red Death, are the crafting ingredients for the hitching ropes to recharge the post (as well as to make the replica posts with a tinker)
If you've got any of the Guard Captains in Britain or another city that were around for the Raiders, can always use the ropes from them too. Much easier than farming Kraken!