• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please give this some love! Just a tiny bit, even a hug would do!

• Thread starter Return2UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Return2UO

Please UO people....

I went to West Brit Bank today and collected all of the unwanted spell books which someone had dropped on the ground (Hundreds of them!) and took them to donate at the libary.

This is the first time I've tried this and found I had to do this one at a time!

Please can you tweak this so I can donate the contents of a bag? Even if its to reinforce the message that recycling is easy??

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. The fact, that you have to click each single piece of item to mark it as quest item and it has to be in the main backpack (which is especially fun with smaller items in a cluttered backpack) - both make these collections for me an no go area.
I can spend my time in or outside of UO better than with 1000s of senseless mouse clicks and drops.
We could use a quest item bag as we got the salvage bag - or be able to mark a bag as quest item bag ourself.
*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Yes. The fact, that you have to click each single piece of item to mark it as quest item and it has to be in the main backpack (which is especially fun with smaller items in a cluttered backpack) - both make these collections for me an no go area.
I can spend my time in or outside of UO better than with 1000s of senseless mouse clicks and drops.
We could use a quest item bag as we got the salvage bag - or be able to mark a bag as quest item bag ourself.
*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ]

KR automatically marks crafted items as quest items. It doesn't help with the library donations, but it sure does save a hell of a lot of time and mouse clicks with Heartwood quests.

G

Yeah, I've been wanting a pair of mace and shield glasses for the longest time, but individually clicking bucklers and battle axes is killing my hand before I even get remotely close to the 800k points required.

So in summary, /signed.

G

I set up a UOA Macro to turn in 50 Battle Axes at a time. First i started Recording a macro, then i double clicked the Warrior NPC, clicked on the blue gem, targetted a Battle Axe, and repeated that 49 more times. Then i stopped recording, i then edited the Macro to where each time i targetted a Battle Axe, i put it as "Target Item Type". It takes awhile to record the macro, but afterwards donating is pretty easy.

G

Oh wow, here I paid 15 bucks for a program that completely slipped my mind in this case. Thanks for the tip!

But the devs should still take a look at this, so people without UOA can donate just as easy.

S

Synox55

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but you can actually setup a macro that allows you to turn in all items of your specific choosing in UO Assist (UOA).

Start by recording your macro:
Step 1: Double click the contributor
Step 2: Choose which item you want to donate (your target cursor will appear)
Step 3: Click on the item you want to donate
Step 4: Go into your UOA macro window and change 'Target' to select 'Target Type' and then choose that particular item (e.g. buckler, spellbook etc)
Step 5: Repeat Step 2 to 4 however many times you want to extend the macro for.
Step 6: Stop recording the macro and lock it.

And voila! You have your own automated hand-in system (oooooh thou art scripting!
)