• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Please Explain double blessed and double exceptional

Inkey

Visitor
Loaded up Ultima after an over 10 year absence and I am trying to figure out what if anything I have is valuable. Looking over this board I have found a few things I might have.

Are double blessed items ones that say Sandals (blessed) and also say Blessed below in the description?
Are double exceptional items ones that say Exceptional barbed leather cap and also say exceptional below in the description?

If so are these types of items worth anything?

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
so you will see several versions of both ill do my best, Double blessed items typicaly are that they say blessed twice, two version one both blessed are white. second more valuable version top blessed is gold or yellow color,,
Double exceptional cheapest is titles like this
exceptioanl quality tunic
then it says exceptional
next is more desirable by far full titled is what its called a cloak of exceptional quality. theres hundreds of these types tinker tools etc.
then again exceptional below it
and then with the exceptional sometimes they have makers mark i believe sometimes they dont

Therese sewn by which is my main passion and those are also rare. and worth very much if you have more questions feel free to icq me
@Inkey

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are four types of what is often called double exceptional.

1. Blah blah made by blah [Exceptional] and exceptional below. - Most valuable - Good crafted names can add value as can special cloth or dyes that can't be replicated. Max Charged Tools can add value.

2. Blah blah of Exceptional Quality and exceptional below - This has no maker mark and value is determined primarily by the rarity of the item. Special colors can add value. Max Charged Tools can add value.

3. "Of Exceptional Quality" with exceptional below. I personally don't give these a ton of value, but lots of people seem to collect them. Never a crafter name. Special colors and max charged tools can add value.

4. Ex. Exceptional Barbed leather tunic with exceptional below. - Worth very little in my opinion, but a good crafted name preferably a set might still get you some gold.

And Chump Thumper is right on sewn. Keep an eye out for that as well.

Inkey

Visitor
Thank you for your quick replies.

so you will see several versions of both ill do my best, Double blessed items typicaly are that they say blessed twice, two version one both blessed are white. second more valuable version top blessed is gold or yellow color,,
Double exceptional cheapest is titles like this
exceptioanl quality tunic
then it says exceptional
next is more desirable by far full titled is what its called a cloak of exceptional quality. theres hundreds of these types tinker tools etc.
then again exceptional below it
and then with the exceptional sometimes they have makers mark i believe sometimes they dont

Therese sewn by which is my main passion and those are also rare. and worth very much if you have more questions feel free to icq me
@Inkey
For my blessed items they show as Sandals (blessed) with Blessed just below it in blue. These are the more valuable of the blessed item?

There are four types of what is often called double exceptional.

1. Blah blah made by blah [Exceptional] and exceptional below. - Most valuable - Good crafted names can add value as can special cloth or dyes that can't be replicated. Max Charged Tools can add value.

2. Blah blah of Exceptional Quality and exceptional below - This has no maker mark and value is determined primarily by the rarity of the item. Special colors can add value. Max Charged Tools can add value.

3. "Of Exceptional Quality" with exceptional below. I personally don't give these a ton of value, but lots of people seem to collect them. Never a crafter name. Special colors and max charged tools can add value.

4. Ex. Exceptional Barbed leather tunic with exceptional below. - Worth very little in my opinion, but a good crafted name preferably a set might still get you some gold.

And Chump Thumper is right on sewn. Keep an eye out for that as well.
It looks like all of my exceptional items fall into your #4 category, so the least valuable. I wish I would have known what was going to become valuable 15 years ago.

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sandles are the most common double blessed items, unless color is a unique one. Worth 1-5mil

Other item types worth allot more, most masks 25ish, ect

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Sandies at 5mil is right but masks sell for 80-120mil the last year very consistently. No makers marked items have been in very high demand for this time as well. 60-175mil for some of them. It's interesting to see these items transform into the real rares since em item prices have been slipping tremendously.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Some examples of rare doubles...

upload_2017-6-16_11-19-39.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-20-49.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-23-20.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-24-15.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-27-28.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-39-46.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-40-40.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-41-25.png
upload_2017-6-16_11-44-6.png

.... and somewhere I have a shield that is double exceptional and double blessed... can't seem to find it though (been reorganizing two castles so is somewhere).
Shield is only single blessed... Still a momento. :)
upload_2017-6-16_12-38-17.png

Attachments

Last edited: