• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Please consider Gardening BODs

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
D

DHMagicMan_1

Sak, I know you've done a lot for gardening, and I'm betting you are planning to extend BODs to other crafting such as Carpentry and Tinkering... but please consider adding it for Gardening as well.

Rewards could be as simple as seeds in a new unique color or two, or for the really hard ones like mutant/solen plants something more substantial like an incubator/greenhouse which accelerates growth or something?

What do you think?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
NOOOOOOOO, I hope we never will see that. There is far to little interact in the BOD system, I rather see more quests, where you have to traveling the land to get special seed.

I love the spawn around Tel Mur, everything you get from loot do have a use now. I would love to see good old britainnia (both Trammel and Felucca) be a part of more quests.

To bring UO back to life, we need to get the crafters out of their houses.

If I had a say, plants would not grow inside houses, there should be alot more farmland around towns and player towns, where only the owner could access the plants.

P

pacific lily

Gardening BODs sound like they could be fun, especially if the rewards are seeds or a boost to growth cycles or some type of greenhouse deco/useful type of thing.

There's plenty to do in the world without having to run around looking for a place to plant seeds. That would actually prevent me from gardening.

Lily

F

Flora Green

I would not plant seeds on random pieces of land. My time is limited and I don't want to search or compete for land. The ability to grow on our plots in dirt will hopefully make it into the game at some point.

The addition of BODS or new seeds quests could be fun. Personally I prefer quests as I gave up tailoring and smith bods long ago. SOOO boring. Equally dull is the running of the hive quest. Multi-part quests involving various NPC's and items related to gardening or alchemy? might work.

N

Nastia Cross

I'd love to see more quests for new seeds or new colors. I don't know if I could get my head around bods for plants. At least with bods for crafting skills, you can make the item as you need to fill the bod. With plants, it would be so long and draw out that I really can't imagine it being worth it.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see new quests... having gardeners in the city that need certain things (preferably craftable or gatherable for non-pvmers) in exchange for new seeds, decorative tools like shovels or rakes, clay pots, even painted 'terracotta' pots. Basically anything decorative that would add to the ambiance of a greenhouse.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a more realistic look to colored plants rather than complete blocks of color. I tend to avoid all the non-natural plants when decorating unless I'm going for a seasonal theme.

For the record, I love the basket weaving and staining.

F

Flora Green

The staining and weaving have completely renewed my interest in gardening. I'm having much fun with those additions. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'd love to see new quests... having gardeners in the city that need certain things (preferably craftable or gatherable for non-pvmers) in exchange for new seeds, decorative tools like shovels or rakes, clay pots, even painted 'terracotta' pots. Basically anything decorative that would add to the ambiance of a greenhouse.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a more realistic look to colored plants rather than complete blocks of color. I tend to avoid all the non-natural plants when decorating unless I'm going for a seasonal theme.

For the record, I love the basket weaving and staining.
Maybe add NPCs in various locations that like to collect specific plants or items...

Someone would collect only the new Peculuar Plants and only if not in Deco... someone else could collect any pink plant they can get their hands on... maybe someone wants succulants or only third generation plants or only White and Black...

Make it so we have something to do with plants (I know we can now clip them but that goes only so far too).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe add NPCs in various locations that like to collect specific plants or items...

Someone would collect only the new Peculuar Plants and only if not in Deco... someone else could collect any pink plant they can get their hands on... maybe someone wants succulants or only third generation plants or only White and Black...

Make it so we have something to do with plants (I know we can now clip them but that goes only so far too).
Quests like that sound good to me. Give rewards that are house add-ons that would be garden related.

A high end reward that is a greenhouse that holds 5 plants and does double growth each day.

Quests for new color seeds that can be used as dyes.

As long as none of the items are only found at champ spawns.