• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PLEASE already, let us enhance hats and those last weapons...

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Years ago, and I do mean YEARS, the developers promised players that they were in the process of making hats enhanceable and that it would be in the next publish. This was right after they made bows enhanceable. That gives you an idea of how long ago. I have no idea why they never followed through, but I still have 2 full containers of hats I have been holding on to waiting for this promise to be fulfilled. There is no reason hats should be the ONLY armor piece that can be damaged and has stats on it that is not able to be enhanced. It would be infinitely simple to just give hats the same rules as leather caps, which can be enhanced with leather, and be done with it in a snap. Right now we are stuck with leather caps (which are ugly as sin), artifact hats, or nice looking hats with crummy stats because we can't enhance them. Allowing tailors to enhance hats would change nothing other than allowing people more choices when personalizing their look. Also there are a few craftable weapons which were left out that you still can't enhance. They seem to have just been forgotten when they were updating all the other weapons and ended up left by the roadside. Yet again, I see no reason they shouldn't be enhanceable as all other weapons are.

Hunter Moon

G

I recall them saying that hats were not enhanceable and wouldn't be because they automatically spawn with higher stats than other items to compensate.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see how that can be true since I have never seen a hat that was good enough to make it useful to wear in a suit unless it was a plain LRC or LMC suit with crappy resists. I don't remember seeing that post, but I could have missed it. However I do remember them saying they were implimenting enhancing in the next publish years ago and than kept putting it off saying it was coming and they were working on it until people just seemed to give up asking.

Hunter Moon

G

I'd like to be able to craft hats with Runic kits. That would make me as happy as if you could enhance them.

G

I have to agree that hats should be enhanceable and possible to make with runic kits. Maybe they could make hats use reward cloth for bonuses sure would make that junk useful for once.

C

Connor_Graham

'I can't see how that can be true since I have never seen a hat that was good enough to make it useful to wear in a suit unless it was a plain LRC or LMC suit with crappy resists."

I've looted several hats with 70+ resists on them AND LRC and other mods.

G

Now as far as hats go..... I'd like to see crafters be able to "craft" hats with Good resists.... that aren't made of leather..... hat's with mods..... like floppy hats, and such..... now I know for a fact they spawn with some really excellent resists and stuff as I have found some AWESOME hats with 70+ resists.... now many a time they are missing one resist which makes them kinda difficult to incorperate into a suit... but it's all good...

I do agree that it's high time I'm given the ability to enhance all my clubs, crooks, and staffs.