• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Please allow us to mod gumps

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A friend of mine that created an amazing mod for the KR pet lore gump is thinking about returning to UO. I just want to once again ask that gumps be made moddable. I really miss this feature and it would reopen the door for some potentially amazing mods.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup I miss the lore gump with all the info on one screen and having multiple gumps open at one time to compare pets.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Think it would be possible to get some kind of reason as to why it is like that? If it has anything to do with it being the 2d gump models I swear I am going to shoot someone.

/signed by the way ;)

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably using the 2d gumps in a attempt to get cc'ers to use the ec, which they won't so were the ones stuck with the ancient lore gumps.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Adding a vote to allowing the gumps to be modded, I want the KR crafting gump back... I hate digging 3 menus deep to put in the number of an item I want to create. The KR version was big, hyes, but it was also SOO much easier to navigate and faster.

Animal Lore was so much better with the all-in-one version as well.

And yet for all of the gumps they threw behind the generic gump system to match 2d, they did NOT do this with non-runic/spell books. Instead they gave those the default_window treatment and screwed up the way they worked between clients. That makes NO sense to me.

They TRIED to put the runebook the way it was in 2d, but LUCKILY we beta testers got them to revert it back to the KR version (which has a better interface and thanks to Zym Dragon and Pinco we have a "Legacy" style background for it.

I'm STILL scratcching my head trying to figure out some of the decisions made in changing the UI from KR to EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Adding a vote to allowing the gumps to be modded, I want the KR crafting gump back... I hate digging 3 menus deep to put in the number of an item I want to create. The KR version was big, hyes, but it was also SOO much easier to navigate and faster.

Animal Lore was so much better with the all-in-one version as well.

And yet for all of the gumps they threw behind the generic gump system to match 2d, they did NOT do this with non-runic/spell books. Instead they gave those the default_window treatment and screwed up the way they worked between clients. That makes NO sense to me.

They TRIED to put the runebook the way it was in 2d, but LUCKILY we beta testers got them to revert it back to the KR version (which has a better interface and thanks to Zym Dragon and Pinco we have a "Legacy" style background for it.

I'm STILL scratcching my head trying to figure out some of the decisions made in changing the UI from KR to EC.
You can't revert to KR gumps.
While KR was active the server send the data of the windows, now the server use the same packet of 2D and send the entire window structure. The only way to do this is to handle the packets directly and it's not possible ( because if you handle the packets you can do bad things :p )

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I know that, I just wish we had the choice to do so because the KR gumps by and large were superior functionally to the Legacy ones.

That and again, still not sure what some of the thinking was in the decisions on the UI from KR to EC.

C

Cloak&Dagger

You can't revert to KR gumps.
While KR was active the server send the data of the windows, now the server use the same packet of 2D and send the entire window structure. The only way to do this is to handle the packets directly and it's not possible ( because if you handle the packets you can do bad things :p )
They could add tags and parsers to handle the packets for us, just giving them generic names with in the LUA language so we could call them with out being able to handle the packets or modify the packets much. Also could pass basic checks from the client or server to pass and if it does not pass then send the generic information or some "fail" type of a response.

I have faith in the abilities of the Developers, it is their application, focus and genuine care for the project that I waver.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1894588 said:
They could add tags and parsers to handle the packets for us, just giving them generic names with in the LUA language so we could call them with out being able to handle the packets or modify the packets much. Also could pass basic checks from the client or server to pass and if it does not pass then send the generic information or some "fail" type of a response.

I have faith in the abilities of the Developers, it is their application, focus and genuine care for the project that I waver.
there are lots of solutions, but we have to see if they wanna change this :D

K

Kiminality

Functionality to make the Enhanced Client enhanced?
You speak madness!

Um... Yeah...
/signed

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been playing EC for a few months now, using Picos UI,Decors etc, awesome stuff, jsut started the command features you guys are too clever, sadly i feel more stupid than usual reading these kinda messages, but i know it will enhance my game experiences, keep it up you lot;)