• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Playing and then, internal exception occurred?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I have a question. Not sure if anyone can answer, but here goes. I have been having no trouble playing at all until today. I went to log in and received an internal exception occurred 0x5415e70 error.

I tried looking on the internet for some information about this, but could not find anything close as far as what happened to me. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Just curious.

J

jkoster

I can't say I've had this happen, at least as far as I can remember.

Good luck!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't say I've had this happen, at least as far as I can remember.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I figured out it was due to the game not being able to bypass the firewall. I set the game and everything showed to on NC Soft's website to setup exceptions so the game can access everything it needs to. However, the game still wouldn't work properly so I just had to disable the antivirus and firewall.

Is there a recommended antivirus that I should be using for ease of use with Lineage II?

J

jkoster

I use CA Anti-Virus 2009 personally, and it's given me no problems.

I'm using a Linksys hardware firewall with exceptions for L2, in addition to a software firewall I'll choose not to name at this point in time.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use CA Anti-Virus 2009 personally, and it's given me no problems.

I'm using a Linksys hardware firewall with exceptions for L2, in addition to a software firewall I'll choose not to name at this point in time.
That's interesting because I switched to CA Anti-Virus since my last anti-virus program was expiring and I chose not to renew it.

So do I just have to provide an exception for L2? I followed what the other information on NC Soft website had said as well, because I received a gameguard 114 error.

I already had a firewall, but the anti-virus installed a firewall when it downloaded. Do I just choose not to install the virus through the custom options? I was thinking about doing that after the fact...

Not sure if that would of mattered. Hmmmm.

J

jkoster

I set my whole Lineage 2 file to an exception status. I have to manually go in and scan it, and then let Gameguard repopulate, as much as I hage GameGuard.

As for the firewall... good luck!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I set my whole Lineage 2 file to an exception status. I have to manually go in and scan it, and then let Gameguard repopulate, as much as I hage GameGuard.

As for the firewall... good luck!
Yep, thanks a lot. I just used a separate firewall and did everything else you suggested. Works fine now! :D