• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Playing Again

sweatshop_kids

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I got that itch to play again. This game is like the mafia. You aren't allowed to quit :p

Started playing on Lake Superior in 2000 then Napa Valley on and off in 2004-present. Currently on Napa Valley. So much has change but it's still just as fun. It's sad to see the cities empty and only a few of the same people over and over in Luna only.

The other day I wanted to go to ogre island in Despise and noticed that my rune was blocked and it received an overhaul. That was a bit of a sad point but the game has to change.

I've found that the Stygian mini champ spawns are rather fun for a bit doing solo content. The only frustrating part is running by the Slasher of Veils trying not to get stunned and killed immediately.

My character this time around is a treasure hunter/mystic/provocation. I love using the rising colossus to kill the mini champ spawns and treasure maps.

Are there any other fun things to do solo? It seems like the player base has really dwindled throughout the years and I can't really find things to do with other players.

sweatshop_kids

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was also able to do a Dark Father solo last night with provocation and many rising colossus casts (more than I could count) but it got boring and lonely quick :p

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hopefully you can find a guild to join. I was in the same situation on Oceania of not seeing many people around but when I joined my guild there are lots of people on most nights doing something fun, you just don't see them bank sitting all that much these days.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How long did it take to kill the DF? It doesn't sound like it was very fast :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

sweatshop_kids

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took about an hour of constant running around making sure I could make my provocation work against him even with 116 provocation. It was tedius but fun at the end I guess :)

It's nothing like it was way back when it first came out, though. The fun times of having loads of people there and the letdown of no artifacts. I'm still wearing the ones I got a few years ago and the some sort of recent minor artifacts? I'm not sure where they came from. They were gifts. Boomstick and things like that.

Still wearing Armor of Fortune and Ornament of the Magician for LRC. I have no idea where my Pendant of the Magi came from.