• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Vendors

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello,
How does the player vendor work now? I haven't had one since I played last. Almost 18 years ago. Do the vendor fees come directly out of your bank? And the profits go directly into the bank? I'm thinking about setting one up soon.
Thank You!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you have to have the money on the vendor to pay him his fees, otherwise he drops. And he holds the money from sales, doesn;t go straight to bank.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, thanks! How do I get the gold to put on the vendor? Just use the gold I get off monsters, or is there another way?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can drop gold on the vendor... and the vendor will take it in to the account.

Then...

On the vendor menu, you can deposit gold from within... up to 1 million gold.

Its best to have at least 30 days worth of gold on a FULLLY loaded vendor, then as sales take place... that number will keep going up. If that number goes to zero, the vendor quits.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Ok, thanks! How do I get the gold to put on the vendor? Just use the gold I get off monsters, or is there another way?
You just click on deposit, type the amount, and it comes right out of your bank. So much easier than having to haul gold around to pay your vendors :)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can drop gold on the vendor... and the vendor will take it in to the account.

Then...

On the vendor menu, you can deposit gold from within... up to 1 million gold.

Its best to have at least 30 days worth of gold on a FULLLY loaded vendor, then as sales take place... that number will keep going up. If that number goes to zero, the vendor quits.
Anyone know why they only accept 1m in deposit? Sometimes I set up a vendor for higher end items and hate asking friends to come buy stuff so I can have gold on my vendor. 1m is wayyy too low.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If 1 million is too low for you? Its not hard to get as much as you want... with another account OR a friend's help.

We have that instant trade business now... simple "trade" then type a price in? You can give the friend whatever you wish to load the vendor with. Put on some kind of rubbish no one in their right mind would buy... WITH the desired gold you want. (Say 10,000,000 gold). Then simply BUY it. There totally is NO LIMIT on the gold a vendor can hold that I know about.

In fact, I use my vendors as ATMs (or I used to before the world of checkless UO). Now... it just doesnt bother me. Every single vendor I have (30 or so) has at least 3m each. I dont like seeing vendor fees under 100 days. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, there's an easier way - you can BUY BODS OUT OF A BOOK from your own vendor.

If you need to put 20 million on a vendor....
  1. Put a junk BOD in a BOD book, price it in the book for 20,000,000
  2. Place book in vendor, not for sale (so people can buy BODs out of it)
  3. Buy the BOD yourself.
Boom. 20 million loaded on the vendor

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOD books... are not exactly easy to find.... BUT its a good trick. I like it. :)

I think I'll keep one, at the mall, for anyone needing to do such a trick...

Its just, I dont see mega items coming like that at the mall. Hate to say "normally" really high end vendor(s) are "fly-by-night"... that vendors stand with birth clothes, standing facing random directions. If the same vendor group is around in a month, I'd be surprised.

I go the 2nd account direction as, many years has shown me that serious players have more then 1 account. Just saying.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Actually, there's an easier way - you can BUY BODS OUT OF A BOOK from your own vendor.

If you need to put 20 million on a vendor....
  1. Put a junk BOD in a BOD book, price it in the book for 20,000,000
  2. Place book in vendor, not for sale (so people can buy BODs out of it)
  3. Buy the BOD yourself.
Boom. 20 million loaded on the vendor
THANK YOU!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for the help! Now that I have my vendor all set up, I tried to do a vendor search on a couple of my items and they aren't showing up. Does it take some time for them to
show up on the vendor search?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all for the help! Now that I have my vendor all set up, I tried to do a vendor search on a couple of my items and they aren't showing up. Does it take some time for them to
show up on the vendor search?
Yes there is a delay. You would think Vendor search would be a real live search of a database but I don't think they store our information like that. They have some sort of vendor scanning process that updates the vendor search database. Items can be bought and still show up on vendor search as well. You get your map - port there - and the item is gone already.

Its better than nothing but you would expect a real time search.