• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Vendor Weirdness

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy! I'm not quite sure what's happening with my player vendor. I only recently noticed that the total amount held by the vendor changes by odd amounts throughout the day. I just assumed it was because something sold and the fee just happened to come out at about the same time giving me the odd amount, but that is not the case. I just checked it and it is lower than what the fee would be. Also, nothing had been sold! So, I closed out the window to check the vendor total and re opened it, and it's even lower! I did it again just to make sure I was seeing it correctly, and the amount is lower yet! There is no fee for the vendor house I am at, and the vendor fee itself is a lot more than what is disappearing. AND the amounts are random. The first time I checked it was 239 lower than what it was the last time. Then I checked it again and it was 436 lower than what I had just checked less than a minute before. Then, I checked it again and it is 77 lower! what is going on? Nothing has been sold and the total fee for the vendor is 258452 per day. No fees for the vendor house I'm at. Does anyone know why this random amount keeps coming out of the balance the vendor is holding?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor costs do not all come out at once. Every so often it will take out a % of the total amount.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best thing to help "fuel" a vendor... when you are new and learning the system...

"Fees Happen"... so you really have to insure your prices are the best without running the market down... AND you keep hot selling items to help the slower sellers. Even with the best of traffic, there is power in teaming up with other vendors. The new Vendor Search is wonderful, but it only helps so much. More or less, always make sure the "fees" cover at least 30 days of full operation, as you can see on the vendor's menu. These fees can hit suddenly and feel random... and I totally understand it feels a bit frustrating at times. Fees like the fee hits instantly, before you can even drop a few runes. However think about the vendors selling single items worth millions. They have special vendor earrings that are designed to cheat the fee system a bit, but they are hardly worth the time of anyone not dealing in high end items.

I also tell people that dressing a vendor nice always helps. Leaving the birth clothes on? OR stripping the vendor down to nothing. BOTH put people off even looking at the vendors. Its about simple marketing.

When you get to a point where you finally feel you figured things out? The market changes. :) Still, you could sell food (stacks of food) to help with fees to sell jewelry... if you have 1 vendor. Loads of non-mages need food! Or bandages. Or recalls. A nice display inside the vendor helps.

And yet... if the vendor is clearly losing money as the weeks flicker on? You have to try something else. There is a science to vendors... and yet its an unstable science. Got to love it. ;)

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for all your responses! I was wondering what was going on. I didn't know they took out the fee throughout the day. I thought it was all at once! LOL!