• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Loot in Dungeon chests?

Falcon

Visitor
Because I decided I wanted the option to do Tmaps solo when there were no friends around to help, I made a Tamer/T-Hunter (If anyone is interested I can share my template but its nothing special really.)
While training a pet at the red mage in Shame, I picked the chest there and discovered that there was a Butcher's War Cleaver inside. This was interesting enough as I have never seen a craftable item (other than base items) included in chest loot. What made it even more so was that it was insured! Has anyone else seen this? Or is it something that has always been the case and I just didnt know because my characters who entered dungeons typically did not have the ability to open these chests before?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I decided I wanted the option to do Tmaps solo when there were no friends around to help, I made a Tamer/T-Hunter (If anyone is interested I can share my template but its nothing special really.)
While training a pet at the red mage in Shame, I picked the chest there and discovered that there was a Butcher's War Cleaver inside. This was interesting enough as I have never seen a craftable item (other than base items) included in chest loot. What made it even more so was that it was insured! Has anyone else seen this? Or is it something that has always been the case and I just didnt know because my characters who entered dungeons typically did not have the ability to open these chests before?
It's been dumped there by a player. Chests do not generate player made items (nor do they recycle items lost by players).

Also, static chests nowadays do not clear items that are in them upon reset. They are only cleared upon server reset. If you want a chest to reset you'll have to remove all items in them, so that Cleaver could have been in there for hours.