• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player corpses in New Haven necro building

M

miss_samara

A guildmate of mine told me that at the necromancy building in New Haven, there were stacked bodies of players. I went and looked, and sure enough, there were. I know they are players, as I recognize most of the names. I was pretty sure it wasn't Baja specific, but checked Pacific to be certain. They had some, too.

They are all laid out at the very top of the building. I'm including a screenshot.

Anyone know what this means? Are they scripters, and this is a show off like the burning luna buildings? Or part of the whole Shadowlords plot?

T

Teeshy

Nah, they've always been there =) I assume it's just decoration/atmosphere ;)

*edits* Actually having just typed that - I guess they have a more practical purpose too, they're there for new players to train Spirit Speak on? I've seen all sorts of names in the pile, player names I know and some I've never heard of havent seen my own yet though (which is odd condsidering how often I die in game =P)

B

Barrakketh

I went and checked on Atlantic , and there seem to be more a lot more on that shard than the one you posted a pic of. If you open your journal and do an 'all names' you get a very long list of names that definitely look like player character names.

Maybe its bannings and they add to it as they ban more players ?

A

Ash

I believe it is to do with KR new char quest to battle the Dark Knight. If you fail it spits your ghost and corpse out at that spot. It looks like the corpses are just never decaying for some reason.

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are the corpses of the poor souls who lost against the Dark Knight from the KR newbie quest. If you die against him your ghost will be teleported out to that location along with your corpse. For some reason the corspes don't seem to decay or if they do it is very very slowly...