• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Played at original launch, and again in 2007, back again!

Sleepcoma

Visitor
Hi there, like many others here, the Endless Journey news made its way around my circle of friends and we all decided to look into what is going on these days. We originally all played on Great Lakes and Lake Superior back in 1997 while in junior high on 56k modems. We were aided by daisy chained 3 way phone calls, IRC, and ICQ. Over the years we've all bounced around between various official shards and things like *** or UO *******. I came back and played on Lake Austin in 2007 after making friends with folks on the UO Forums board, and that is where I have landed upon opening up my account again yesterday.

It looks like there is a lot to catch up on, just like when I started back up a decade ago. I am fortunate in that I don't necessarily need to start from zero, but it does look like Atlantic has won the war of attrition with now being the most active server, so there is some temptation to start fresh where more people are. In any case, I'm off to research how to play my fencer again, see everyone around!