• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plate Stam Protection

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Is plate armor the best for stam loss protection or does all metal armor generally give the same bonuses?

i'm not sure if chain and ringmail ect. give the same benefits

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some info I happened upon from publish 81:
Armor Revamp
Armor Stamina Loss Update:
Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

• 1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  • 2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's also Roughly 7 Stamina damage protection for each piece of studded, and 14 for Metal.

So if you have 5 pieces of non-medable metal you have to take 70 damage before you start taking stamina damage.
5 Pieces of Non-Medable Studded and you have to take 35 Damage before you start taking stamina damage

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's also Roughly 7 Stamina damage protection for each piece of studded, and 14 for Metal.

So if you have 5 pieces of non-medable metal you have to take 70 damage before you start taking stamina damage.
5 Pieces of Non-Medable Studded and you have to take 35 Damage before you start taking stamina damage
I've never seen the stam reduction formula. Is that within a certain time frame or once your hp has fallen that much?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen the stam reduction formula. Is that within a certain time frame or once your hp has fallen that much?
Neither have I, so I decided to hurt myself in varying degrees of metal and studded armor to see how much my stamina dropped in relation to my hp.

Pretty sure it's based on each Individual hit.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is plate armor the best for stam loss protection or does all metal armor generally give the same bonuses?

i'm not sure if chain and ringmail ect. give the same benefits
Make certain none of your metal pieces have mage armor. Kills it. Lots of metal armor loot has mage armor so you need to use the Verity Isle dude to take that off.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Make certain none of your metal pieces have mage armor. Kills it. Lots of metal armor loot has mage armor so you need to use the Verity Isle dude to take that off.
Thanks! I normally pay the mage shop NPC in New Haven 250k to take off the mage armor property. Is Moonglow better for some reason?

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks! I normally pay the mage shop NPC in New Haven 250k to take off the mage armor property. Is Moonglow better for some reason?
Nope. Just that until now I didn't know Haven was an option. I was only aware of the Moonglow/Verity Isle one.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice to know! So if a warriors metal pieces have mage armor the stam loss reduction is nullified for that piece? ty.