• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Plants not resetting?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello everyone! I planted dozens of peculiar seeds two days ago. Yesterday, I tended to them (some in the morning, some in the afternoon). I logged in this morning to take care of them and noticed that many of my plants still showed as being watered and a potion being used on them. Doesn't the growth cycle reset at server up? Some of them needed water and a potion. They all showed as day 2. Any thoughts? I am new to gardening so I apologize if there is something simple I am missing.

N

Ni-

Were the plants in your backpack or locked down in a house? Plants in your backpack only get the growth check when logging in at least 23 hours from the plants last growth check. Plants locked down will get a growth check at server up.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also servers were down for a while yesterday - that might mess with the timers

X

Xevious

I noticed you posted at 7:03 am, the servers have been going down after 7 all week. Looks like they turned the clock back a week early.

D

Devilicious

Hello all. I am not sure where to go to ask this question so I am trying here first. I run a Plant vendor mall on Atl shard and I am trying to get these poppies in normal colors. I am trying to get blue/yellow/purple/green/orange poppies. I some how did the cross of the plants and all i got were the bright colors. I am lacking the normal color ones. Is there any site or someone that can help me? My mall is at 34.38 N 26.13 E Its in Umbra area. If anyone cares to stop by and help. Thank you all for your help.

D

DHMagicMan_1

In trying to cross-polinate for poppies, there's a couple things to think about... First off, you can only get colored poppies in the original "Classic" gardening set... not the newer looking poppies that are more spread out looking ones. The spread out looking ones that just came out this year only come in "Plain" and now Black and White through the Naturalist Quest...

Now, for getting colors in the original Poppies start with this...

Poppies
Poppies x Poppies
Snowdrops x Campion
Bulrushes x Campion
Poppies x Campion (50% chance)
Poppies x Snowdrops (50% chance)

Any of the above plants can give you Poppies seeds and the colors you get depend on what colors the partent are (and a small chance of mutants which we'll ignore)

If you want Blue (normal, not Bright Blue) poppies, you have to start with at least one Blue or Bright Blue of something on one side of one of the lists above... let's say you have a Bright Blue Campion... now with a Bright Blue Campion you can get Popies using Snowdrops or Bulrushes or a 50% chance of using a Poppies... but you need a specific color... you can't use Blue or Bright Blue of those three because any of those three in Blue or Bright Blue will give you Bright Blue Poppies... You can't use plain in any of the above, because Plain over rides all other colors and you will get plain Poppies... and you can't use another "Primary Color" (Red or Yellow) because those will combine with the Blue to give you either Purple or Green Poppies...

What this means is to get your Dark Blue Poppies if you start with a Bright Blue Campion, you need Snowdrops, Bulrushes or Poppies (50% chance) in either Orange, Green or Purple... any of those three colors in bright or dark combined with bright Blue (or any primary) will give you the "Dark Primary" back.

Please reply if this was too confusing.

D

DHMagicMan_1

On second thought, you don't have to start with something Blue or Bright Blue on one side of the chart... if you combine two "Secondary Colors" containing Blue you will get Dark Blue... so a Purple Snowdrops and Green Campions would also give you Blue Poppies...

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My plants were locked down in the house. I didn't think about the patch yesterday. I thought the serve maintenance was around 6:00 am EST everyday. maybe it is now 7am?

D

Devilicious

*reads DHMagicMan post many times....* I am working with the old plants. I took the dark blue champion and cross it with a dark blue snowdrop and i got light blue poppies. same with dark green snowdrops and dark green champion and i got light green poppies. Something I am not doing right? *kicks the poppies* they are the only ones I am lacking a full set of. damn plants :p

so if I take a green champion and a bright purple snowdrop I should get a Blue poppie?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any time you cross two of the same color (like blue and blue) you'll come out with the bright version of it

so if I take a green champion and a bright purple snowdrop I should get a Blue poppie?
the way i always look at it is what is the base colors that made that plant - the green was made by yellow and blue - the (bright) purple was made by red and blue

when crossing - blue is the common color among the two so yes, you'll get blue (and when crossing among seperate colors, the bright part goes away)

D

DHMagicMan_1

*reads DHMagicMan post many times....* I am working with the old plants. I took the dark blue champion and cross it with a dark blue snowdrop and i got light blue poppies. same with dark green snowdrops and dark green champion and i got light green poppies. Something I am not doing right? *kicks the poppies* they are the only ones I am lacking a full set of. damn plants :p

If you cross two Darks of the same color, you will always get a BRIGHT of that color... A bright and dark of the same color will also be Bright of that color...

So Dark Blue Campion and Dark Blue Snowdrops is Light Blue Poppies because Dk Blue + Dk Blue = Light Blue every time...

Blue is a PRIMARY (one of the First three colors) and Green is a secondary color... so if you cross Blue (Bright or Dark) with Green (Bright or Dark) you will always get Dark Blue... the plant types will be determined by the cross but the colors are always automatic...

• Plain Plus ANYTHING = PLAIN
  • Two of the same color (Bright or Dark) = Bright of the same color
  • Primary + Secondary = Dark of the Primary Color (Bright Red something crossed with Green whatever would give you Dark Red something)
  • Two Secondary Colors = Dark of whatever PRIMARY color the two Secondary's have in common.

D

Devilicious

*Smacks head* Now I remember how the colors work. *smacks head again* Thank you very much. *feels like a nutcase*

C

Calla Lily

My plants were locked down in the house. I didn't think about the patch yesterday. I thought the serve maintenance was around 6:00 am EST everyday. maybe it is now 7am?
Ever since last Saturday the 25th, the server (at least on Chessy) has been going down an hour later than normal.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I checked my plants when I got home from yesterday and they still had not reset. I thought I had "stuck plants". This morning when I logged in they had reset, and I had 4 dead plants :(. Oh well.

I

Infiniti

hello everyone! I planted dozens of peculiar seeds two days ago. Yesterday, I tended to them (some in the morning, some in the afternoon). I logged in this morning to take care of them and noticed that many of my plants still showed as being watered and a potion being used on them. Doesn't the growth cycle reset at server up? Some of them needed water and a potion. They all showed as day 2. Any thoughts? I am new to gardening so I apologize if there is something simple I am missing.

They seem to have reset their clocks a day/night early. I had to wait to do mine also. :)