• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planning for a Artisan Festival Tree assault.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This year, we're a little short handed, and we were talking of concentrating on one tree this year - probably Jhelom again, or Britain (worst case - the trees tend to be unreliable at the end of the event).

I was thinking if we worked together on some of the BODs, we could increase our chances.

This is what I was thinking:
1. We sort our BODs into "things with LBODs" and "Things with no LBODs". The exceptions would be Tailor (as everything fits at least one large, and footwear can go into 3 different larges) and Fletching (almost everything has a large, but only a very few people can afford to fill the magical shortbow & composite longbow LBODs, as most of their smalls require ML ingredients)
2. Some of us have an excess of material (for example, I have some commodity deeds of iron and wood I'm willing to contribute). this will play into the effort.
3. While we all still do our BOD runs, we work together before the tree goes active to fill as many no-LBOD smalls as possible, and turn them back in for new BODs, to increase our numbers of the BODs that go to larges (larges and their smalls).
4. for the Tailor BODs, we concentrate on bribing any cloth larges to 20 EX, while filling all cloth small 10s and 15s for new tailor BODs.

Thoughts? I should be able to start getting some BODs churned out this way shortly, and if will go a bit smoother if we work together. I'm even willing to hand over most of my fletcher BODs and some from other skills, right off the bat.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's a great idea Basara. I'm totally out of supplies, except for wood. I am happy to contribute anything I can. I'm so sorry but I've gone 3 years trying to process these BODS and I'm not set for it this year. I apologize.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we get enough people, we are going to try to star the Jhelom tree. It started today. For now we are just filling LBoDs and if we have enough we will do a drop.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It took something between 225 & 250 larges, but we did it. If you want a reward drop any filled BOD on the elf before the bag and gifts appear.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Uo team should think about adjustments to the current artisan festival... Maybe adjust the points to build it on smaller shards , or make a menu that lets you select what prize you want.

I'm going to keep on with it, but I really don't need 20+ heart lanterns or scales paintings for my collection...