• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Plain armour found in Shame after patch

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
huhloot.png http://stratics.com/community/attachments/huhloot-png.13770/?temp_hash=78bfde3083a7e47eb4f022763f506ea0

Yesterday, hunting clay golems at Shame (legends shard), I found this piece among their loot.
As the image shows, the resists are the platemail chest base, and it has no other modifier, yet it is marked as minor magic item.
I was running EC and the latest Pinco UI.
I had just patched, and before that, I have never run into this problem.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This sounds like an issue where the system is still trying to generate "mage armor"

There was an issue where the game would generate (and then drop) Mage Armor on leather pieces, causing runic and loot items to lose properties. They eventually fixed it for runics, but as of a few months ago, you could still find 0-property leather items as loot in T-chests, SOS chests, and creatures that were supposed to have only magical loot. This issue appears to be that one recurring now for the non-med armor, now that mage armor is no longer a runic/loot property but something toggled.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It might be, but Legends is still pub 80, so Mage armor would still be a valid imbuing property.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
[quote="BeaIank, post: 2262198, member: 162953Yesterday, hunting clay golems at Shame (legends shard), I found this piece among their loot.[/quote]

This issue was resolved prior to Publish 81 and should not be occurring any longer.