• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Placing not-for-sale books on vendors?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, someone must know this and can please help me! :)

Prior to the new chat system being implemented, I used to be able to place books on my vendors for the purpose of sharing my ICQ# or advertising services (such as imbuing, etc.). I used to be able to drop the book on the vendor, and then type in (without the quotes):

", I can be reached at..."

or something to that effect. the comma in the beginning allowed me to place the item with a description but making it not for sale. Now when I try to do that, the "," at the beginning causes the [CHAT:] prompt to come up and I can't go any further. But I have seen books on vendors like at the ongoing GL rares fest so I know it can still be done.

Please help!!!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just put a space (using spacebar) before you start writing instead of a , :)

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works equally as well, not putting anything but your commentairy. If you don't start your discription with a number, it will place the book as not for sale. ;)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jeesh - didn't know that either! been doing it so long with a "," at the beginning i was totally stymied over the weekend when that wasn't working... LOL! thanks so much guys for your answers :)