• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing a Larger House?

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Greetings. Just returned to UO (Atlantic) after many years away. Placed a pretty small custom house almost right away. I assumed after all these years there would be spots for larger homes open but in my first couple weeks haven't come across any. Questions: What's the largest plot I should expect to place? Any ideas where I should be wondering around? Mostly interested in Tram. Thanks for helping! Glad to be back in UO!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might get lucky and find 18x18 (largest custom you can get) but you would have to be very lucky. That being said you can often find people selling them in general chat. Might even be worth posting here on Stratics in the traders hall that you are wanting to buy one.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several spots might offer decent space. When I wandered around, I always found a gap somewhere. You should go for a 3-story house, implying that 9x14 should be the smallest you should accept. With a Little patience, you will definitely find something. Places with some spawn, jungle or most northern/eastern forest-plots might be possible. Takes some time, but in my opinion no need to buy. 12-14-something should be possible with patience. Try also the Islands...

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thx for the advice. Glad UO has an active group still. My son has his first account and is real into the idea of customizing a house. (Just moved up from mine craft.)