• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Place Your Bets Siege on New Dragons

• Thread starter imported_Elmer Fudd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah because just mashing buttons means you can't display strategies/tactics or analyzing your enemy or the situation and spotting weaknesses

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, because it takes so much analyzing your enemy when everyone has to have the exact same skills and equipement, youd have to figure out all kind of stuff like... like... right... and two mages fighting each other takes so much strategy, you have to swap between offense and defense, and if in gm armor you have to plan your mana! that indeed sounds very hard *nods*

<blockquote><hr>

ever think of how and when you mash those buttons and which buttons your exactly mashing...

[/ QUOTE ]

that i could do halfway decent in duelling as a mage with my computer/connection should give you an idea about how easy it is. but hey, then again i guess the tamer has to think too which button is petball and which is all kill and which one to press first and i guess the dexer even needs to remember things like double clicking an enemy player first before pressing specialmove keys. i guess i just dont realize how much skill that takes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You grab a mage and I'll grab a 4/6 chiv dexer and you tell me this isn't rock paper scissors...

[/ QUOTE ]

sure can do that with a 5 round match. just realize how embarassing it will be if you loose one or two rounds thoo.

<blockquote><hr>

and you want to sit here and tell me the items or set up of a character don't matter to it's effectiveness against other character types!?!? (read this sentence carefully because if you say it does... then how is that not rock, paper, scissors...?)

[/ QUOTE ]

you should read what i said. i said skill lies in building a template that isnt specially effective against one single one but is overall effective, a perfect balance of weaknesses and strengths. of course you can build your char with mage, eval, med, scribe, focus and resist and cry about and dont want to fight anything that will do some kind of hitting. or since you dont like dexer vs mage so much i could take a magetemplate with no resist and you crying about the other mage casting poison or paralyze or mana vamp.

so to get back to what you said, no it doesnt matter what items or skill the other player has if you designed your template well and are skilled enough to quickly find a strategy how to fight him, spot out his weaknesses and his strenghts, etc.

<blockquote><hr>

Or do you not see the irony in the fact that you can't even run certain templates without your blessed orny anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

hrmmm, youd have to name me one template i couldnt run anymore?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

and two mages fighting each other takes so much strategy, you have to swap between offense and defense, and if in gm armor you have to plan your mana! that indeed sounds very hard *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

It does take strategy... timing your spells, picking the right combination, reading your opponents moves and predicting their next move... reacting to the situation... planning out your mana consumption (because if you waste it, you'll be nothing but dead or always on the defense) and lets not mention the skill required to disrupt another players spells consistantly (one of the reasons why forsaken was so damn good) and so on... and so on...

and lets get something straight... who said anything about this being strictly for mages... take ANY two chars in a specific class and pit them against eachother. There are some people who are absolutely nasty at playing a dexer... they know how to follow their opponent properly... use their support skills properly, time their heals... and so on.

You keep trying to make this into something its not... dueling is seeing whos who at that template... field fighting, is seeing who's who with everything involved. There are no rules... and some people excel at using the terrain, et al to their advantage... but that has nothing to do with how good you are playing a specific character... but how good you are on the field.

The irony is... that I've never seen someone be one of the best at dueling... and come out as cannon fodder on the field... cause something would need to be terribly terribly wrong... (such as their connection.)

<blockquote><hr>

that i could do halfway decent in duelling as a mage with my computer/connection should give you an idea about how easy it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was that easy, then you'd be the best... since you're not, there are people who can play a mage better than you... which is my point.

is this really that hard to understand?

G

<blockquote><hr>

who said anything about this being strictly for mages

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are the one who kept saying everytime another kind of template was mentioned that it doesnt take skill to play it. so i thought wed focus on mages.

<blockquote><hr>

If it was that easy, then you'd be the best... since you're not, there are people who can play a mage better than you... which is my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are saying, since there are people better than me at playing a stealthninjatamer, one of those is hard to play?

anyways, good night, ill be back for more fun tomorrow

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

who said anything about this being strictly for mages

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are the one who kept saying everytime another kind of template was mentioned that it doesnt take skill to play it. so i thought wed focus on mages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the one who keeps saying everytime another kind of template was mentioned that it takes <u>less</u> skill to play it.

<blockquote><hr>

so you are saying, since there are people better than me at playing a stealthninjatamer, one of those is hard to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

Did I say that if someone is better than you at something it means it's hard to play?

Maybe you just suck at certain things that are easy...? But, I'll let you try and figure out what I'm actually saying... one more time. Way to fail tho...

Can we try and make this a little less like explaining the meaning of the letter A to a kid learning the alphabet...

Status
Not open for further replies.