• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pk'ers.

• Thread starter angelbabe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

angelbabe

Hi there, I have to do an experement for my psych course, and I decided to do it on Pk'ers in video games.

If it wouldnt be too much to ask, does anyone mind telling me the top pk'ers or people who are known for pk'ing in any servers you know? Or give a link to a place that does?
I'v looked hard on google, and given up lol.

R

Rejject

If i remember right there is a spot on www.worldofwarcraft.com that gives a list of all players and their kill count, or it may have been Wowhead.com?? not sure though. Most of the players on those list's are going to be BG and areana kills so I dont know that you can really count that as PKing on that factor. As for me Ill try to kill any Alli I see when and if I am running around and find one:D most of the time its an alli 8 or 9 lvls higher then me so I die rather fast, On my twink I run she is a lvl 60 her name is Iwantblood I have almost 8000 lifetime kills from BG's. Why you ask? because I like the challange of the fight, knowing that that is another player on the other side triing to kill me:fight: and I hate questing :O). Thats my 2cents and not worth much more then that.:D

R

RayneStorm

Hmmm...if you want to talk to Pk'ers, I'd suggest UO really. They do more actual PK'ing than WoW, or at least more on the terms of small scale fights. As Rejject stated, a lot of the kills a PvPer will have in WoW are either Arena or Battleground, not random player killing, unless of course you are wanting people that play on a PvP server...

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As said above, WoW doesn't really have actual PK'ing unless it's a pvp server. And even then people with high counts of kills get them from Battle Grounds and other pvp activities, which at that point is not PK'ing anymore, it's actual PVP combat.

UO is probably a better choice for this kind of research.

B

Blade_Thugluv

I would have to agree, Being a PK in both WoW and UO i would say UO has more PK'ing then wow. I play a RPPVP Server and i do do world pvp from time to time but its not the same. In UO if i saw you then i would attack on site. In WoW its different and im not really sure why. Honestly i feel the UO has the only REAL PvP or at least it did till PvP started becoming a Gank feast.

In UO i had 1000's of murders on a number of different chars. it took time to get to that point but in wow you get credit for ganks and other peoples kills and can get 1000 kills in one week. Kill counts in wow dont mean anything. in UO they mean something to a point. they use to mean more then they do now.

WoW isnt all that great in the PvP area.

~Blade

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No disrespect to PvP on WoW... but for shear PvP, I agree... UO is sandbox PvP at it's finest. WAR is making inroads on the PvP front very quickly though (it's designed for PvP/RvR).

M

mecantile

There are some valid elements that could be taken from WoW in pk'ing-in pvp realms I know that there are some who make it a point to prevent others from finishing quests and whatnot which is much similar to UO. The distinct difference is that in UO you can (or used to) be able to steal all of their loot. Grieving at it's finest.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...if you want to talk to Pk'ers, I'd suggest UO really. They do more actual PK'ing than WoW, or at least more on the terms of small scale fights. As Rejject stated, a lot of the kills a PvPer will have in WoW are either Arena or Battleground, not random player killing, unless of course you are wanting people that play on a PvP server...
Or just hang around Hillsbrad. You'll find an 80 DK that finds it oh-so-funny to kill and camp your 23.

R

RayneStorm

Or just hang around Hillsbrad. You'll find an 80 DK that finds it oh-so-funny to kill and camp your 23.
Don't play on a PvP server, or at least don't have yourself flagged on a PvE server if you don't like getting camped. If you do happen to play on a PvP server, use the PvP solution...call in some friends. :)

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't play on a PvP server, or at least don't have yourself flagged on a PvE server if you don't like getting camped. If you do happen to play on a PvP server, use the PvP solution...call in some friends. :)
I don't mind pvp. I enjoy a good battle with players close to my own toons level. A lvl 80 DK one-hit killing my lvl 23 isn't pvp. It's someone being tickled by being in a no-lose situation.If that(or any lvl 80) wants real pvp,then go fight/duel other 80's.

M

mecantile

Nah! I was in the Barrens two weeks ago farming herbs for inscription (and this is a PvE server mind you) where two flagged NE's come running down the path towards the intersection to Dustwallow. Without a second's doubt, I dotted them up with my SP and killed them both in under 20 seconds. It was fun.

The morel of this story-it is because they are there. Now wasting time and actively looking for flagged lowbies that is true grieving.

B

Bud_Weiser

Nah! I was in the Barrens two weeks ago farming herbs for inscription (and this is a PvE server mind you) where two flagged NE's come running down the path towards the intersection to Dustwallow. Without a second's doubt, I dotted them up with my SP and killed them both in under 20 seconds. It was fun.

The morel of this story-it is because they are there. Now wasting time and actively looking for flagged lowbies that is true grieving.

No, that is called "fun". If they are flagged, they deserve it. Someone needs to put the nubs in their place.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, that is called "fun". If they are flagged, they deserve it. Someone needs to put the nubs in their place.
Speaking of having fun. When this thread was made,it got me to thinking about why people have the need to have their epic-geared lvl 80 go through lowbie areas just to whack lvl 20's-30's. Is this fun? I can't really see how it could be. You see my lowbie on the horizion and you run over just to make me do a graveyard run? Whats the point? No honor points are awarded...I don't get it.

E

Eldorian

Speaking of having fun. When this thread was made,it got me to thinking about why people have the need to have their epic-geared lvl 80 go through lowbie areas just to whack lvl 20's-30's. Is this fun? I can't really see how it could be. You see my lowbie on the horizion and you run over just to make me do a graveyard run? Whats the point? No honor points are awarded...I don't get it.
Yes it's fun, just the same way blowing up everything in the city and newbies in the newbiezone was fun during the zombie invasion.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's fun, just the same way blowing up everything in the city and newbies in the newbiezone was fun during the zombie invasion.
Do tell me whats the fun part about it. Is it that you know when you bring your level 80 against a 20-30,you can't lose? Is that it? A thrill of a "sure-win"? If so,how pathetic is that? Too scared to attack a toon that can actually fight back?

E

Eldorian

Do tell me whats the fun part about it. Is it that you know when you bring your level 80 against a 20-30,you can't lose? Is that it? A thrill of a "sure-win"? If so,how pathetic is that? Too scared to attack a toon that can actually fight back?
No, it's fun because people whine and cry about it and it makes me laugh that they get so bent out of shape over a game.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it's fun because people whine and cry about it and it makes me laugh that they get so bent out of shape over a game.
I am neither whining nor crying about getting blown up by a "??". Now will you answer the question or are you too busy interupting those that are trying to do quests and leveling up in Hillsbrad? :p

E

Eldorian

I am neither whining nor crying about getting blown up by a "??". Now will you answer the question or are you too busy interupting those that are trying to do quests and leveling up in Hillsbrad? :p
I answered your question. You just assumed I was referring to you.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I was replying to your question... heh
OK then how about answering this question...
Too scared to attack a toon that can actually fight back?
I would say that if my toon was a 70-80 the ppl that was busting up my lvl 23 would not have looked at me twice and would have kept going by. People like an easy win. It boosts their ego. People,in general,would rather blow up my lvl 23,than to fight a toon that can actually fight back effectivly.

E

Eldorian

OK then how about answering this question... I would say that if my toon was a 70-80 the ppl that was busting up my lvl 23 would not have looked at me twice and would have kept going by. People like an easy win. It boosts their ego. People,in general,would rather blow up my lvl 23,than to fight a toon that can actually fight back effectivly.
Actually I attack them all if they're flagged, doesn't matter what level. Took out a couple 80s the other day.

M

mecantile

OK then how about answering this question... I would say that if my toon was a 70-80 the ppl that was busting up my lvl 23 would not have looked at me twice and would have kept going by. People like an easy win. It boosts their ego. People,in general,would rather blow up my lvl 23,than to fight a toon that can actually fight back effectivly.
If you don't like it then do something about it. Otherwise, if you plan to stay on a PvP server and/or flagged on a PvE server, then you have no right to complain.

I am on a PvE server, and if you are dumb enough to be a flagged lowbie-I don't care who you are-I will go after you. If the game didn't intend for that to happen it wouldn't.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I have to do an experement for my psych course, and I decided to do it on Pk'ers in video games.

If it wouldnt be too much to ask, does anyone mind telling me the top pk'ers or people who are known for pk'ing in any servers you know? Or give a link to a place that does?
I'v looked hard on google, and given up lol.
Go look up Krystal on Ultima Online, Siege Perilous shard. She is a notorious PKer and is nearing 10k murder counts. I suspect she can help you.