• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pirates vs Ninjas Who would win?

Pirates vs Ninjas

• Pirates

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Ninjas

• Cake (it's not a lie)

• Total voters

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last pirates I saw in UO were part of the Vanguard attacks on Serp's Hold.

They were invulnerable.

Therefore, they win.

-Galen's player

F

Flora Green

Unless this poll is leading up to something, why bother with it? Not being a negative Nelly, but considering pirates have been asked for since infinity in UO, it's pretty misleading to see someone official posting this. And if there IS significance behind it, why not put it in U.Hall?

Otherwise, pirates with cake ftw.

C

Chrissay_

Unless this poll is leading up to something, why bother with it? Not being a negative Nelly, but considering pirates have been asked for since infinity in UO, it's pretty misleading to see someone official posting this. And if there IS significance behind it, why not put it in U.Hall?

This was just a silly post purposely put in the off topic section. Who doesn't want to have a battle of pirates, ninjas, or cake?

Chrissay

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was just a silly post purposely put in the off topic section. Who doesn't want to have a battle of pirates, ninjas, or cake?

Chrissay
People who've gotten past middle school?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flora, obviously this post if just for fun since it's in the Off Topic section, lmao.

Pirates totally, arrrr!

Edit: After the pirates win, they make cake. Really really good cake. :D

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live in the Ultima Online universe, where the pirates ARE ninja.

Ninja pirates beat them all!

-Aneirin (Landlubber Affairs, United Pirates, Catskills)

edit: All the same, I voted with my stomach.

CAKE!

F

Flora Green

That sounds more rude than I mean it to. Just get tired of the same things being asked and ignored and I'm not the only one.

And I still say pirates WITH cake. :)

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flora, obviously this post if just for fun since it's in the Off Topic section, lmao.

Pirates totally, arrrr!

Edit: After the pirates win, they make cake. Really really good cake. :D
After the pirates win, the ninja's get sent barefoot to the kitchen, to bake cakes for the pirates.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't a pirate just basically a Eurothug on a boat?

People think they would beat a professional assassin?

Amazing.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not forget Scurvy. It's not easy to fight while you're partially immobilized and have open suppurating wounds and your teeth are falling out left and right.

When was the last time you saw a toothless ninja?
Never! Because if you've ever seen a ninja that close up, you were dead 2 seconds later.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When was the last time you saw a toothless ninja?
Never! Because if you've ever seen a ninja that close up, you were dead 2 seconds later.
LOL! Yep hands down ninjas. Much more mobile than pirates and since they wouldn't be seen anyways, shuriken w/poison for the win. :p

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

you can be a pirate in UO,

the problem is not weather or not you CAN be a pirate, it is that its pointless!

You can get some skill with a blade, and wear a hat, and even tame a bird, but where are you going to sail your ship too in a world of recall and gate?
where are you going to pillage in a world of insta teleport insta kill guards?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

wait...

whats the contest?

which is cooler?

which would win in a fight?

Which would win at soccer?

I dont get it, ninjas win in a fight, coolness is subjective, and ninjas probly win at football too.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

O yea...

dont forget that a ninja, can be a pirate. youve just never seen one before, cause your ship got sunk

S

SwordBlaze

If you look at this logically a ninja would win if in stealth. If it is an open fight the pirate would then have a chance. I picked ninja.

D

Dixie

I can't believe I actually just read through this entire thread.

D

DM_92

do the cakes have candles? and are they lit?,if they are lit,then i do believe both ninja and pirate are subject to flames

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ninjas across the board..

They sneak aboard, wait for the pirates to be 'rummed' out.. use the pirates own scimitar to cut their throat, steal the cake, and back off into the night.

Pirates? hmm.. somthing fishy about wanting to be on a boat in middle of the ocean with a bunch of dudes and no women.. No? Throw the birthday cake back in there, puffy clothes, and Jack Sparrow and oh man..

Should be a rainbow instead of a skull n crossbones.

R

Ravahan

How the hell is cake not winning this?

But really, in Asia, I think they had NINJA PIRATES! Who says they're mutually exclusive??

Non-lie cake > all

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Realistically, ninjas are highly trained martial artists/assassins/infiltration experts. They use razor sharp ninjatos, short straight swords that are engineered to allow a quicker draw to defeat a samurai's katana.

Pirates rarely have any formal martial training. Their use cutlasses, a curved blade very suitable for use in the confines they normally have to fight in. However, the blades cannot support a razor edge.

In a straight one on one fight, the ninjas would win hands down. Though it's more likely that they infiltrate the pirate ship and poison/assassinate the pirates in their sleep :D

Funny link:
http://www.ninjapirate.com/battle.html