• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pirate questions

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the bulletin board names I see only for me?
Do they change?
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE SEVEN ON MY LIST!!! (don't really need to answer this one, I know no one knows :p )

I checked jehlom and near moonglow. Found 7 others, but none with my needed names.

pre-thanks!
:)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't worry about the names, the boards are just there for RP spice and a vagueish location to find a pirate.

When you get the quest from the sea market, or from the dock in Zento, you can capture or kill ANY PIRATE on that facet to claim your (paltry) reward.

Pirate locations in Trammel: east of Jhelom to the...ahem...dangly part of the continent and sometimes around the islands. Sometimes also southish of the Jhelom Isles. They are also *rarely* near Bucc's Den, Serpent's Hold and Fire Island.

Pirate Locations in Tokuno: All. Over. (finding them here is easier and the travel times tend to be short)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the bulletin board names I see only for me?
Do they change?
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE SEVEN ON MY LIST!!! (don't really need to answer this one, I know no one knows :p )

I checked jehlom and near moonglow. Found 7 others, but none with my needed names.

pre-thanks!
:)
Just go across the server line South of Zento Docks you can harvest 6-8 DPs per hour there , and if that dries up Go SE over by yamadon point and the Tsuki Garden and there are even more. And as DOT said No the bulletin board means nothing any Dread Pirate will do :) If you want Orc Ship parts capture the pirate if you want decent loot kill them and drop the death certificate on the guy at the docks. "Start Tracking" is your friend...... when it works :)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you both very much. :) I might actually capture one now! I was at it for over 8 hours with no matching name. HA!

Now to get one ship alone. I will try out Zento once I get my first!

*makes ready the sails*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Dang misleading headline for the thread..

Thought I was gonna be able to come in here and find out where to get the best peg leg..

or where to get the meanest parrots..

or find out what to do when your eye patch falls into your eye socket...

:p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thought I was gonna be able to come in here and find out where to get the best peg leg..

Sucks trying to get that patch out of the eye socket after it crust up a bit ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've tested it, the boards are accurate. When the npc spouts off that "I just got in from so and so and yada yada was there", seems to be timed with the arrival of a ship. Thats a hugely missed opportunity the devs had to make it better. If you could interact with the board itself and get better rewards and a better experience it would have been great, and the boards should be in every port city. But that only would happen in a game where the devs actually play and not just code.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I recommend Violente Woodworks for a peg replacement or first timer.
No need to skimp on quality. They specialize!

Since parrots parrot us... *grins* with a bit'o'training you can have yourself a rightly nice quipper!
You could leave him with the elves in heartwood to get a head start, since they are quite snarky and rude.

Now for the eye patch. Anyone would be simply fetching in a nice pair of folded steel reading glasses!
But if you really want the patch look, stuffing the socket with cotton from Skara Brae is best.
Or if you find one large enough, a miner could provide a nice sized gem!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the pirate loots in Tokuno better than Trammel ?
Tend to get a lot of Gargoyle stuff in Tokuno and more human stuff in Jhelom. Best loot is Jhelom area in fel and better pet training since you can keep the pirate alive and pounding on him for hours and hours because you can heal them in fel..... You of course go grey healing them and a nasty criminal :)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am happy to report I have captured my first Pirate and am making way to the Sea Market to drop her off. She is a chatty little thing. I also saw an EM named Pirate! I read a few posts searching up my questions and it was requested and looks fulfilled!

Watching my boat on my other screen I realize I need to make better plot lines on my world map too!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am happy to report I have captured my first Pirate and am making way to the Sea Market to drop her off. She is a chatty little thing. I also saw an EM named Pirate! I read a few posts searching up my questions and it was requested and looks fulfilled!

Watching my boat on my other screen I realize I need to make better plot lines on my world map too!
Yes I have pirate death certificates for Bennu and Sangria and several others.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I have pirate death certificates for Bennu and Sangria and several others.
I found aname today :) I will be on the lookout for others too. I did not know that everyone who helps get a certificate. I quit the quest so I could keep mine. :( But now I have two!