• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Pirate Hat Contest at The Red Dragon Inn

Olaf was enjoying reading his copy of the latest Town Cryer when he was startled by the sound of cannon-fire somewhere off in the distance. He quickly arose from his comfy desk chair and retrieved his spyglass as he made his way to the nearest window. Upon scanning the horizon he spotted the flag of a notorious Dread Pirate who had just begun attacking a nearby Merchant Ship.

"This can't be good for business..." Olaf muttered to himself with a long sigh. "If anyone will know what to do, it'll be The Admiral and George."

Olaf quickly left his office and went downstairs, passing through the kitchen without even sampling the delicious food being prepared at the moment. As he entered the cellar, Olaf grabbed a ripe banana for George from the hoard just inside the doorway and a full bottle of The Admiral's Hearty Rum. With treats in-hand, he made his way up the back staircase, which was the service entrance to the tavern of The Red Dragon Inn.

As he explained the situation to The Admiral and George, Olaf passed out their respective treats hoping for advice on what to do about these pesky pirates.

And his friends were more than happy to oblige, as he knew they would.

George made a slow cutting motion across his neck with his finger, indicating his thoughts regarding the fate of the Dread Pirates. "Classic George," Olaf said with a chuckle. He had been working with George on having a better attitude when he loses at games but old habits die hard.

"I just flew in from Vesper and boy are my wings tired!" squawked The Admiral. Not wanting to encourage him, Olaf tried to give a sarcastic look but ended up just bursting out laughing.

"Oh please! Save it for the guests, Admiral," he said as he fed him a cracker. That did the trick, as The Admiral loves his crackers as much as his rum.

"Dead Men Tell No Tales!" "Dead Men Tell No Tales!" he loudly squawked. Olaf popped the cork from the new bottle of The Admiral's Hearty Rum and poured them both a dram.

"Bottoms Up!" exclaimed Olaf, as he raised his dram of rum.

"Bottoms Up!" squawked The Admiral in agreement.

With everyone in agreement, Olaf motioned for George to bring him the stationary set. Now with quill, parchment, and sealing wax at the ready, Olaf began to write out the following message:

Pirate Hat Contest at The Red Dragon Inn

Who:
YOU! =)

What:
Turn in as many named pirate hats as you can (e.g. Drunk Grip Serena) Any pirate name is fine.

When:
The entire month of June.

Where:
The mailbox at The Red Dragon Inn.
Baja, Tokuno Isles 35o 52'N, 70o 52'W

Why:
1st Place: 15 Million gold pieces.
2nd Place: 10 Million gold pieces.
3rd Place: 5 Million gold pieces.

How:
The Pirate Hat Contest is as easy as 1, 2, 3 =)

Step 1:
Sail the High Seas in search of Dread Pirates aboard orc ships. They will have a red name, such as Drunk Grip Serena.

Step 2:
Scuttle the orc ship, kill the Dread Pirate, and take their Plunderin' Pirate Hat as a prize. Make sure it has the Dread Pirate's name on it.

Step 3:
Turn in as many named Plunderin' Pirate Hats as you can anytime during the month of June to the mailbox at The Red Dragon Inn for a chance to win some gold!

The Fine Print:
Only Plunderin' Pirate Hats with the name of a Dread Pirate printed on it will be accepted (e.g. Drunk Grip Serena) Any pirate name is fine.

All Plunderin' Pirate Hats will be returned back to the players who turned them in.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

Sincerely,

Olaf Honeybeard [INN]
Inn Keeper, The Red Dragon Inn

Olaf then pulled out a fresh red leaf from his stationary set and gently rubbed it across the text so that its wax would seal the ink to the parchment. He then affixed his own personal wax seal as the Inn Keeper of The Red Dragon Inn below his name and carefully rolled the message into a scroll and placed it into his backpack.

"Now I just have to find a proper mage who can inscribe some copies and mark a few runes for me and I will be all set." Olaf thought to himself as he went out to launch his rowboat towards the mainland.

The Pirate Hat Contest at The Red Dragon Inn.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I just wanted to say Thank You So Much to Baja's EM Echo for locking down a copy of our Pirate Hat Contest guidebook and also a rune to The Red Dragon Inn! :)

They are both locked down on her table inside Luna's Bank.

I highly encourage everyone to sail over to Baja and check it out (both the shard & our Pirate Hat Contest!) It's an awesome shard, a fun event, and an easy chance to win some gold!
Good Luck & Happy Hunting! :pirate:

Sincerely,

Olaf Honeybeard [INN]
Inn Keeper, The Red Dragon Inn

EM Echo Locks Down Book and Rune.jpg