• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pirate Festival on August 19th, 9pm EST

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy crew!

The United Pirates will be hosting a pirate festival in the Red Skull Bay on August 19th. Not only do I ask you all to show up and participate, I may also need a hand or two with the games we will hold. This event is also advertised by Whispering Rose Radio, who will make a live report about it.

Details about the games:

Dagger throwing contest: Make three throws at a dartboard. Show your throwing skill by using special throwing techniques. The crowd will judge your individual throwing style by awarding up to 20 extra points that will be added to your score!

The hunt for wicked Pete: Wicked Pete has commited a crime and fled to a remote place in Felucca. You will be gated to his hiding place, from where he will make a run for a big city. Can you hunt him down before he reaches the safety of the city? Everything is allowed but sicking a pet onto him. Try not to damage other participants.

Contest of insults: The participants are grouped into pairs. Each pair has 3 minutes to let loose on each other. This happens in a dialog, where each offense has to be alternately answered with a new insult until the time of three minutes is up. It is an advantage if the used insults refer to your opponent's affront, and it is even better if they take your opponent's appearance, character or attributes into account. Vulgar or x-rated verbal slander is strictly prohibited. The crowd judges who wins the prize.

Hawkeye

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Pirate Festival on August 19th

Ahoy Capn'

I did see the missive from WRR and wondered what might be going down! I will watch for the schedule and plan on being in attendance as much as possible!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all pirates who showed up! We had a lot of fun and a lot of visitors, mostly because WRR laid out books and provided a gate service from Luna, but also thanks to RBG who provided a second gate service from New Haven and spread the word.

The three events went as planned, despite my temporary login problems right before the hunt for Wicked Pete. Pete survived amazingly long, although I forgot to transfer the healing and anatomy skill over to him which rendered his bandaging pretty useless. Again, the Contest of Insults was a lot of fun and absolutely new to many of our guests. The Dagger Throwing Contest proved that there's RP potential in more players than you might guess. My personal attempt of throwing the dagger while running and jumping went awry, I accidentally hit Scarst and I had to pay painfully for it when I stumbled into Scarst's sword.

Congratulations to everyone who won a prize, be it for practical use or for decoration. Many thanks to Spanky, who donated two of the imbued prize weapons.

P.S.: A detailed report will soon be posted at the Ultima Online Travelogues and at the UP website on the Event History page.

C

Corvak

I had to miss it due to an RL issue, unfortunately, but glad to hear it went well.