• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Pirates] Pirate Build

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never really got into sailing on UO however, I am really wanting to make a pirate and sail the high seas. I was wondering what are some current pirates builds. I think it would be cool to treasure hunt also since pirates love a bounty..

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
PirateOutfit.jpg

I saw someone sporting this outfit in game and had to take a screenshot.
I was also thinking about making someone for RPing a pirate.
Someone suggested a tamer treasure hunter.

Animal Lore
Animal Taming
Cartography
Magery
Remove Trap
Veterinary

you can use a mythic token to take some of the skills to 90.
wear jewelry with taming and lore until high enough.
if you do that then you can also add lockpicking to your template.

lockpicking is only needed for Hoard and Trove chests.
Stash, Supply, and Cache you can use the Magery spell Unlock.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Themed pirate treasure hunter....
Carto
Mystic(pirates have all sorts of weird lore, so it kinda fits)
Focus
Lockpick
Remove trap
Fishing to 75ish for mibs(unless your doing the quests, stop before you fish up sea serps, still get mibs, and can fish them up)
Then med for the rest.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My pirate/fisherman is a stealth archery
Arch
Tact
Anat
Fishing
Stealth
Hiding
Healing

You can stone off fishing and ninjitsu.
All depends on what you want to do, I like archery for pirating, and stealth and hiding for fishing in dungeons. You can use magery as well, guess it just depends on how much you want to focus on the RP aspect.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My pirate/fisherman is a stealth archery
Arch
Tact
Anat
Fishing
Stealth
Hiding
Healing

You can stone off fishing and ninjitsu.
All depends on what you want to do, I like archery for pirating, and stealth and hiding for fishing in dungeons. You can use magery as well, guess it just depends on how much you want to focus on the RP aspect.
I was thinking the same thing with archery. just wasnt sure what other skills needed. I have never done t hunting or fishing. so totally new to all this

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was thinking the same thing with archery. just wasnt sure what other skills needed. I have never done t hunting or fishing. so totally new to all this
I have legendary fishing, so I still fish dungeons for the legendary and rare fish. The fish pies are useful for some people, and rarely do people sell them for reasonable amounts if at all. I like to provide my public service by offering fish pies an at affordable price for what they are lol. That being said, you will need to 120 fishing to be able to fish all the rares and legendaries, which is.. grindy at best. Obviously pirating and fishing can’t always go hand in hand, that’s why I stone off when I’m just plundering (attacking merchant ships or pirate vessels/plunder beacons) a good strong dex template with your archery should be fine for that.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have legendary fishing, so I still fish dungeons for the legendary and rare fish. The fish pies are useful for some people, and rarely do people sell them for reasonable amounts if at all. I like to provide my public service by offering fish pies an at affordable price for what they are lol. That being said, you will need to 120 fishing to be able to fish all the rares and legendaries, which is.. grindy at best. Obviously pirating and fishing can’t always go hand in hand, that’s why I stone off when I’m just plundering (attacking merchant ships or pirate vessels/plunder beacons) a good strong dex template with your archery should be fine for that.
Ok cool thanks for the info. So yeah will stone fishing off. I am like at this for my pirate

Archery 120
Tactics 100
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Chiv 80
Resist 100

With items this will leave me with 100 to 120 with pints. What would be another skill? This skill will be stoned off to replace with fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For t hunt, you will need(for lower maps)
Carto
Magery
(For higher maps)
Lp

You may also want RT, but it is not needed.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking I am going to have to make another char for the t hunter. Can two chars use the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can two chars use the same boat?
As long as they both have a key or the boat is unlocked. For the High Seas Ships, you would place it with one and then adjust the security settings so that the other could use it as well.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am thinking I am going to have to make another char for the t hunter. Can two chars use the same boat?
As long as they both have a key or the boat is unlocked. For the High Seas Ships, you would place it with one and then adjust the security settings so that the other could use it as well.
With High Sea Ships if both chars have a rune they may use the boat without adjustment to security. The rune acts as a key.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With High Sea Ships if both chars have a rune they may use the boat without adjustment to security. The rune acts as a key.
Yes, as long as permissions are set properly on the high seas ships, then more than one person can sail it and mark a rune be able to gate/recall to it. But for traditional ships, they would both need a key to it.