• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Pinco's UI Macros Not Saving

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I am looking to come back after a long time away. After a few hardware updates the Classic Client is no longer usable so I have decided to make the leap to the EC. After a few graphics shudders I overall think the EC is great using Pinco's UI. That is except for one huge major issue. Pinco's is not saving the macros that I set up for each character. I am not sure why this is occurring but I don't believe it has anything to do with Pinco's work since that is absolutely amazing. I am wondering how I can fix it so it remembers the choices I make. I was wondering if it could be a part of the fact that I do have things set up with UO Assist as well on the same computer? I was figuring that someone here has probably run into the same issue and might be able to help me out a little bit.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure to log out to save macros and settings...closing program loses the chances you made

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Meat! It hasn't made a difference how I close out but its a good start. Thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
first you might try loading the default client and see if you can save macros in it, this way we can get a better idea if it has anything to do with pincos ui! I doubt that is the problem. Then as stated make sure and log out and not just close out! third you may try to delete the character profiles and let them repopulate!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh and by any chance do these characters have the same name? I have seen this happen in the past for some reason the game does not like it when characters have the same name?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Storm thank you. It is not working with the normal EC either so the problem is not Pinco's at all. Which does make sense to me. I am going to try and remember how to delete the profiles and try making them work again since for some odd reason I suspect that is the issue. It shouldn't be an issue but I bet there is some nasty legacy coding somewhere in there.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after a ton of trying and messing around Storm you were right. I got rid of all the old macros and that resolved the problem. I have no idea why it would have been causing the issue, but if I had to guess there is some odd underlying logic that makes no sense that ran afoul of something.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Glad I could help and that you found the problem