• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pigments of Tokuno help.

G

Hail: I finially got a few of these, and had had been testing them on test center to see what types of things you can use them. Today i used them on my Oak Boards, to make statues out of. When you dye any special wood, the menu no longer reconises the wood, and you have, "0" wood.

WHY? Jeremy, EA, Anyone, did i just waste all my time effort gold for nothing? Why does it let you color it, if you can't use it? There is nothing in the UO data base about this.

G

Make the items as usual then dye them. You have to dye deeds before you place them. I lost some boards at first because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to dye the finished deeds.

G

Yes, that is the way it works, NOW, as i found out the hard way. However, and i did this on test center before to make sure, it used to be that you would dye the Oak/Yew wood first, then make the item. This is what i did. So, i now have several 100k of different colors of wood, that are useless. The carpentry menu shows, "o" wood.

I have tried, and there is NO way to change them back to oak, or yew, or anything. And, once again, I did test this first on test center. I just went back to test center and it has been changed so that it will not let you dye the wood in the first place, But you can dye the wood on a prodeuction shard. You just can't use it after that.

"Pigments of Tokuno dyed wood for sale, get it while supplies last". Yes, i reported this on the Bug forum.

G

Did you try the "Bleach" you can get from a quest?

That's a real bummer.

T

TiamatRoar

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, that is the way it works, NOW, as i found out the hard way. However, and i did this on test center before to make sure, it used to be that you would dye the Oak/Yew wood first, then make the item.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that never EVER has been the case on production shards. Dyed wood was being sold (or scammed, depending on how you look at it) since Mondain's Legacy Expansion with the new wood types was released and has been unuseable ever since then.

G

Jeremy, EA, if this is the case, then why does the system even let you dye the wood in the first place? And, why is it not listed in the UO data base?

G

I bought a bleech. It has 10 charges, and i have over 30 sets of colored wood, and they do not stack. The bleech will turn them back into normal wood, "Not the original type", and the bleeched wood will not stack with any other wood.

So, I looked and can't find it, what is the quest to do to get bleach? Thanks.
Good thing i only colored Oak Logs, and they only sell for the same 3gp as normal wood, hehe.

G

The different wood types are distinguished by their colour.

To illustrate this, get a bunch of different woods in your pack, and use UOA to show a count of them in the title bar. It'll show the total number of resources, rather than the total number of that type.

To give another example, at least in the past, one of the colours snakes used to spawn in was the same colour as Oak, so you used to get snakes with the property "Oak"