• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Pictures of new plants

S

Sweety

Is there a link anywhere with pictures and names of new plants?

Also is it just me or does the flax plant not open when locked down?

N

Ni-

Of the new plants, only the Cactus will allow you to tend it while locked down. Flax plants weren't part of the 'new' plants. Unless there is something that I have not heard about...

D

DHMagicMan_1

I believe Sak said she found and fixed the "Lock Down" bug so all the new plants should be tendable after stage 7 while locked down now.

I guess we'll know for sure in a few days based on FD or 6 days without it. :)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flax plants weren't part of the 'new' plants. Unless there is something that I have not heard about...
Sheesh, was wondering when someone was going to notice those! :wall:

oh and yes they are!

No, it isn't you. It's me being a noob and forgetting to add the to the "can be tended when locked down". That will be fixed in tonight's ERT.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Did Flax suddenly join the ranks of Fragrant Seeds or Peculuar ones? Does a Flax Plant produce resources? Maybe it's a new Fragrant available from all the mobs in the "New" plant set? That would be cool. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

How does anyone have a FLAX to stage 7 yet anyway? Is this on TC? Can't be on Origin even?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
flax....?? we gots flax??? and right after I jumbled all my seeds together cause I pretty much knew what they were all gonna be???

gooooood grief

:lol:

but happy as a pig in mud about flax!!!

F

Flora Green

Flax plants weren't part of the 'new' plants. Unless there is something that I have not heard about...
Sheesh, was wondering when someone was going to notice those! :wall:

oh and yes they are!

No, it isn't you. It's me being a noob and forgetting to add the to the "can be tended when locked down". That will be fixed in tonight's ERT.
Um..am I out of the gardening loop?? What flax???:eyes:

A

Ambrosia4u

FLAX!!!!! Someone has flax?? Where to get seeds???? Same way as other new plants???

*Slaps Necro/Mage/Voker up-side the head to wake him...."Go get me my SEEDs you lazy lout!!!!"*

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought someone would have seen it on TC1 as they were part of the peculiar seed bag.

And I don't even remember which monster group I stuck them in, not that I would tell you anyways... :mf_prop:

D

DHMagicMan_1

I never did get the "Grow_Plant" command to work on TC so that's why I never found the new plant... I did plant all the seeds you gave us... just never got beyond seeds in FD. :(

A

Ambrosia4u

No worries!!!! I will find them soon enough!!! Off to get another 250seeds!!! Surely one of them will POP!!!!

F

Flora Green

Ah, I didn't check the seed bag on Test. I played around with Trick or Treat a tiny bit is all. Sick kid and sick Flora means little UO time. :( It's very exciting to have flax added though.

Thank you, Sakkarah! :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot thanks for adding flax. I was disappointed when I seen that flax wasn't one of the new plants.

Is there any other surprises we don't know about? :)

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought someone would have seen it on TC1 as they were part of the peculiar seed bag.

And I don't even remember which monster group I stuck them in, not that I would tell you anyways... :mf_prop:
Ooooh crap ... this means I have to fill my roof all over again .... :D

And am also busy with the naturalist quest ofcourse for the B&W's.
And with all the rubble collecting quest, and with the Halloween Quest .. and with the ... oh well all the neat stuff from Pub56 !!!

Btw ... Is this new Flax also added to the Naturalist Quest ???

PS. I soo love you for making giving water to the plants like the pots, and fixing the lockdown bug.

You have no clue what pleasure this gives me, am truely a happy gardner !!

Thanks a whole bunch for your efforts.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

very lovely :) (took the pic on test center)

I never did get the "Grow_Plant" command to work on TC
it doesn't work on plants in your backpack - I'm unsure about locked down plants in a house - but I was setting mine on the bank floor and using the command and they grew a day every time I gave the command (and say the most amusing things when they grow hehe - like "irkirk")

I "grew" the black and white seeds I had as well...if anyone wants me to, I'll take pics of them too

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'd love to see Cypress and Mossy Cypress in Black and White... Did Flax give resources and/or seeds when it hit stage 9 on TC?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I only had the black mossy cypress in my set of seeds - pretty sweet looking huh?

Re: flax - it was just as all other new plants. No pollinating, resources, or seeds.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sweety - edit your post and take out the extra "http://" on the image (the board leaves it in if you don't delete it before you stick your url in the popup window - very annoying)

D

debsmad

FLAX?!

Yessss! This was *the* one that I had soooo been hoping for when the new ones were added, and was so disappointed when they weren't.

I'm happy now though! :D

F

Flora Green

Oh think how cool the black cypress trees would have been for Halloween. BUT, the white trees with the new snow covered tree from the 11th gifts will be nice. Now if they just give us snowy lands. :)

Y

Yalp

Oh geez.. a new plant? New trick or treating rewards, new invasion, new quest, new rubble, oh my god! *** runs to call in sick for all of next week*

I

Infiniti

FLAX!!!!! Someone has flax?? Where to get seeds???? Same way as other new plants???

*Slaps Necro/Mage/Voker up-side the head to wake him...."Go get me my SEEDs you lazy lout!!!!"*

Thanks Ambrosia for the laugh...think I'll join in the slapping part to my char though. How do you get the seeds??? OOO I so love the flax plant. :cheerleader:

F

Flora Green

Sakkarah said the flax seed is in the Peculiar seed bag on TC1. When I went through the bag I saw one Fragrant mixed in so I assume that is flax. Since kittykat grew one maybe she can verify. So now we are all off hunting again trying to find out which monster group gives the seed. :)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakkarah said the flax seed is in the Peculiar seed bag on TC1. When I went through the bag I saw one Fragrant mixed in so I assume that is flax. Since kittykat grew one maybe she can verify. So now we are all off hunting again trying to find out which monster group gives the seed. :)
nope, the fragrant seed was a cocoa plant lol (was my thought at first too) - if you notice, there are 18 seeds in that particular bag - 1 cocoa tree - and *17* new plant seeds. So I guess we're all back to hunting and planting again *wonders where the heck she's going to keep all these plants lol*

F

Flora Green

Well so much for my sleuthing skills! Nancy Drew has nothing on me. Thanks kittykat. :)

A

Ambrosia4u

Infiniti...you are quite welcome to laugh all you want.

I ran out and collected sees right after the pub and post about Flax. My plants should pop in another 4 days. If no one beats me to it I will let everyone know which they came from.

Has anyone noticed the ratio of water and pot use?? It's wonderful!!! I have 165 plants growing now...between my backpack and bug. I know it's not a large control but here's my break down. Of the 165 ,49 needed NO water or pots. 59 needed ONLY water. 7 needed Poison and water. 13 needed Only Poison. 14 needed Cure and Water. 20 needed ONLY Cure. 1 needed Heal (my fault so disreguard). 1 needed Poison and Cure only. Finally, 1 needed Poison, Cure and Water. that's all 165 plants. I am LOVING this!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! *Frowns*wants to do happy Broc dance too!!!*sniff*sniff*

Now that the lock-down bug is gone....I am off to fill my floors and roof of my plant house. Happy planting everyone!!!!

*were do y'all getting those NIFTY emo-cons. I WANT!!! I WANT!!!*

A

Ambrosia4u

Yes...Sharantyr.....you are correct. I had 6 Flax pop this morning!!! Very Pretty!!! Gonna set 2 aside for when they add resources and seeds to them. The rest I will set to Deco and either use myself or sell. They are a very nice addition. I took down my vendors to remodel my house. Is a pain to do because of the lllaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!! Am gonna have to get a better graphics card. Either that or spend another 2 hours to get the roof fixed. What's up with that any way?? Oh well...Only lags bad when remodeling so I am off to get more seeds!!! I have 2 other houses to cover with plant bowls!!!

A

Ambrosia4u

Off topic...where are people getting all of those cute Smiley thingies from??

S

Sharantyr

Hi Ambrosia.

Do they not show up for you over there------------>
when writing a post?

D

debsmad

I don't have all the fun smilies you folks use either. I tried the 'Go Advanced' and still don't have them. There is nothing over there --------------------------> as someone suggested. There are a few below the box you write your post in, but I think those are only for what shows up by the subject line cuz they don't show up in the message.

*pouts the old fashioned way*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki
Debs & Ambrosia: Go to user cp > edit options.

Scroll right to the bottom: Miscellaneous options - message editor interface. Set the drop down box to enhanced interface.