• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pictures and notes from the Rare Festival and Council meeting

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some images from first day of Rare Festival. It did not occur to me to take the images till half way into the day. We had a pretty fair turn out although it is always hard with the time zone issues.

As the time for the opening drew closer, people started gathering at the vendor house.

Soon we were gated to a meeting house where DVI welcomed everyone for the festival. This was followed by a rather long speech by yours truly about the Rare Council which lasted for just under an hour. Finally we ended with people introducing themselves,

Finally, after this a lot of us went to Baja to see Manticore's castle to see his collection.

Some of the things we talked about during the rare council meeting were as follows:

A. How to handle future "outbreaks" of duped items and their fencers. Drastic options of declaring someone as a pariah from the community were discussed.

B. We also talked about how there is a need to build a catalog of non-event and Asian rare items to act as a resource.

C. Maintaining the duped item list.

D. We also talked about the structure and obligations of the high council. Anyone interested in being a high council member was asked to submit a personal nomination to yours truly, no later than June the 8th of 2008

V

Vahne

This rare festival has been a blast. It seemed much more well organized and publicized this time around. And I had no trouble getting in touch with folks to get gates to important locations and events. Though I wasn't able to actually buy anything, it was nice to see a lot of rare collectors/traders in game at one place. It kinda reminded me of the old times of bank sitting sit at Brit Bank.

I was also able to attend the rares council meeting, and that was also a great opportunity to meet some collectors from other shards. Based on who will likely be on the high council, I fear that the rares council will become as elitist as the rares forum was back when I was a regular a year or two ago. All the same I'm definetly interested in seeing the positives that come of it particularly in outing scammers/scripters/dupers etc.

All in all kudos to Dvi and the others who put together a great combination of events. Hopefully I'll have saved up enough gold for to go all out next time! :)

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice collection, Manti. :)

I also had a chance to see Manti's rubble museum in Luna/Baja recently, that is very nice also.

Well done, all. Glad to see everyone had fun!

K

Kratos Aurion

Slightly missed the introduction ceremony but the last few days have been a blast.

Theres been a variety of available rares for purchase and I'm glad I got to participate this time around. Even got my self a few bag fulls of items.

It was a great experience and I can't wait until the 3rd:thumbup1:

The only question I have regarding the Rares Council is..

Are the positions going to rotate annually, biannually or within any time frame?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manti what is the latern called next to the bright red Deaths tourny entry one, the darker red one?

C

Chaosy

Since I missed this, where might I go if I wanted to see the castle? :)