• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pics of Voluptuous' McLuna's on Baja :)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Voluptuous Please Post Pics of your McLunas!!!

I'd love too but have never learned how :)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well, if i have your permission i can take some screenshots of mclunas and post them this evening :)
but only if you'd be ok with that! it's one of the coolest houses i've ever seen in my 7 years of playing :)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Knock yerself out hun! :)

A few things I'd do a little differently, but time was pressing and renters were waiting. Overall thou I do like how it turned out.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pics of Voluptuous' McLuna's on Baja!!!

Posted with permission - thank you :)
Here are some screenies I just took of this fabulous establishment :D
(Click each picture to enlarge).

I should note that this house is in Luna on Baja - it's worth visiting! Every time I visit I see something new - like your roll of paper towels - OMG!

Attachments

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:lol::thumbup::lol:

love it!!!!

~edit~
Min took a hike over there tonite, and really, you have to go see it! it's great!

L

LadyAkasha

Re: Pics of Voluptuous' McLuna's on Baja!!!

I love it!!

I am going to have to make a char and visit it myself

N

Nastia Cross

OH EM GEE!! That is super creative and cute!

*logs on to Baja to see in game*

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please do! And leave a message! If you fall outta the windows, don't bother trying to sue...I went a little broke securing a luna place to deco!

And...*blush* its a milkshake.

Without Sarsmi's help with the tricky back counter in the end I'd never have gotten this thing done on time.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OMG a milkshake - of course!!! that's even awesomer :)
methinks i've eaten at too many holes in the wall where a roll of paper towels on the table is standard lol...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Min knew it was a milkshake, the only reason she didn't drink it was cause it was not chocolate :D

C

Crystal Canyon

That has to be one of the coolest designs Ive seen! Love it!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely Fantastic! Where's Atlantic's McUmbra...? Evil needs to eat too!

L

Lord Drakelord

Oh ... one last note... thanks to the guy who put up the MacDonald’s on Baja … it looks great in presentations to execs about what makes UO … UO. And for the record … I am gearing up a mage. Yes, I played a tamer for a while, and got all kinds of grief … and why the heck do I have to have 100 LRC anyway? There has to be a way that I can reduce the cost of reagents without having to know a dozen imbuers to get what I need. I’m gonna have to see who is in charge around here!!
now that is so great!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought so too, Drakelord, but the little firestorm it created was so damned embarrassing, I'm sorry I posted a link over there

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It got lots of good comments too hun, don't fret. :)

I wonder if I'll get a mini house made...haha...imagine a baby McLuna in every keep. On second thought yikes...nm

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It got lots of good comments too hun, don't fret. :)

I wonder if I'll get a mini house made...haha...imagine a baby McLuna in every keep. On second thought yikes...nm
i saw three people from GL and one from Atl who made characters to see Mcluna in person, they loved it. they accosted Bethany, i couldn't stop them.

S

Stupid Miner

There's a duality of this design being great, but it also makes my eyes hurt.
... which is a realistic reaction, so: nice job. :)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yuppa I hear ya...during the building stage of that thing my eyes were red and sore....half a bottle of eye drops later, i realized it was from staring at the supra bright colors all night.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So creative! I love all the little bits of detail that went into all of it...from the fries and milkshakes to the little fry guys and play area.

I hope they do make a little mini house deed of it :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the worst defacement of UO art I have ever seen. Seeing how many people cheer on that tasteless nonsense, it makes me wonder whether I am playing the right game.

I don't deny that the house owner knows how to create something unique with using game items. Still it is completely out of place.

Cursed be those dyes.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the worst defacement of UO art I have ever seen. Seeing how many people cheer on that tasteless nonsense, it makes me wonder whether I am playing the right game.

I don't deny that the house owner knows how to create something unique with using game items. Still it is completely out of place.

Cursed be those dyes.
You couldn't take the higher road and simply not say anything at all? I think the house represents what UO is all about - creativity, freedom and uniqueness.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cursed be those dyes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course...around here though, in addition to praise, and encouragement, when criticism is offered, we are accustomed to it being done constructively. Art is a subjective area, after all.

To my knowledge, Voluptuous is not responsible for the introduction of neon/day-glo into UO. She did however, manage to take what was available and make a fun, and for most, instantly recognizable slice of the real world in the game. She is an amazingly talented UO deco artist, and I love seeing (and stealing/modifying :D) examples of her work. I don't think we will have to worry about McLuna's on every corner in UO, but I'm sure some people got some great new ideas for what is possible in UO deco.

-Skylark

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cursed be those dyes.
the simple fact the devs actually mentioned it and how its used to promote individuality... like a pirate for example. im pretty sure ronald mcdonald has some pirate in him too.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i, personally, think mcluna's is one of the cleverest, most humorous houses i've ever seen in uo and it makes me giggle every time i see it (always a good thing). if you want to highlight some truly out-of-place items in game, maybe you can start with the new mailboxes that look like they're straight from the shelf of a walmart super sale? *gag*. why can't they look like little wooden boxes or bird houses. when the bird's on the roof, you've got mail. that would be much cuter, and way more realistic.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cursed be those dyes.
Dare I say that in a game whose greatest strength is its sandbox nature, in which players can make/do/be whatever they want to on such a grand scale, that nothing doable is out of place? Not everything in this game is going to please everyone. However, i would hate to play a game that would attempt to do so. The shelves are full of such games, and although I will play many of them, i will not play them for long. UO would lose a lot of what make UO UO by placing such limitations. What?, only classic house desings available?, everyone with the same weapons, classes, clothes, etc. bbbboooorrrrriiiinnnnnggggg.

I am not, by nature, a very creative person. i will not ever show my house onthese boards, as it is so pathetic in design, that it shames me. i ifeel like a gob of used gum on the soles of Volutuous'/Sarsmi's/and so many other peoples shoes here. If I had a tenth of Voluptuous' talent, i would create a Luna Burger or find a way to put some red pigtails on Lord British as some competition.

And Cal is right to show EA execs McLuna's. It is a shining (no pun intended) example of UO's uniqueness that no other MMORPG has ever been able to capture. Sometimes corporate executives need to see something that stands out to get an idea across there relatively small minds. :)

S

Stewpid

Cursed be those dyes.
Some people feel the need to tear down other people to make themselves feel better. It's a character flaw, and we forgive you for it.

S

Stupid Miner

Cursed be those dyes.
*shrugs* Art isn't inherently good or bad since there can be no universal criteria by which to judge it. Therefore it must be judged subjectively. And if it's criticisms are subjective, then the judgements are actually reflections of the critics rather than the art itself.
Based on your criteria for what it should be, you don't like it. That's fine, just try not to confuse your subjective opinion with universal truth (it's annoying at best).

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs* Art isn't inherently good or bad since there can be no universal criteria by which to judge it. Therefore it must be judged subjectively. And if it's criticisms are subjective, then the judgements are actually reflections of the critics rather than the art itself.
Based on your criteria for what it should be, you don't like it. That's fine, just try not to confuse your subjective opinion with universal truth (it's annoying at best).
... IMHO,
I've always heard this but never really agreed with it. quality art whatever the medium, has to have some integrity in it(which denotes good art) and McLuna has it in spades. When a person creates something with integrity, it may not be 'inherently good' as say a sunset, but it still merits automatic recognition, acknowledgement and respect even if you don't appreciate the subject matter. art can be 'inherently good' ,Michelangelo's art in the Sistine Chapel is inherently good, or a still life from the 17th century for example... there are certain things that are inherently good art automatically without question, it's rare but it happens. I'm not bashing you Mr Miner, btw i love your "Stupid Miner" write ups.

S

Stupid Miner

... IMHO,
I've always heard this but never really agreed with it. quality art whatever the medium, has to have some integrity in it(which denotes good art) and McLuna has it in spades. When a person creates something with integrity, it may not be 'inherently good' as say a sunset, but it still merits automatic recognition, acknowledgement and respect even if you don't appreciate the subject matter. art can be 'inherently good' ,Michelangelo's art in the Sistine Chapel is inherently good, or a still life from the 17th century for example... there are certain things that are inherently good art automatically without question, it's rare but it happens. I'm not bashing you Mr Miner, btw i love your "Stupid Miner" write ups.
Ah, but if someone was making an artistic depiction of laziness and lack-of-integrity, the art having integrity would make it fail to represent what it was supposed to represent, which would make it "bad art."

Michelangelo's art in the Sistine Chapel is inherently good, or a still life from the 17th century for example... there are certain things that are inherently good art automatically without question, it's rare but it happens.
This is actually more telling of the commonality of certain human standards.
There are standards that all, or at least almost all, humans hold to (such as Michelangelo's art being good), but we can't definitively say whether these standards right or wrong. Well, we can say it, but we can't prove it.

Side Note:
Yours is the position I would tend to hold by default, but after consideration switched to the one I currently hold.
... just so you know, I'm not just repeating a position I've been taught to hold, since from what I gather this position is more commonly taught (by people who may or may not know why)

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, but if someone was making an artistic depiction of laziness and lack-of-integrity, the art having integrity would make it fail to represent what it was supposed to represent, which would make it "bad art."
if they were able to pull off that zeitgeist of laziness and lack of integrity into their artwork, the artwork has integrity and merit.

This is actually more telling of the commonality of certain human standards.
There are standards that all, or at least almost all, humans hold to (such as Michelangelo's art being good), but we can't definitively say whether these standards right or wrong. Well, we can say it, but we can't prove it.
the human figure has always been seen as a work of 'inherently good' art which is why i mentioned Michelangelo's Chapel work.

Side Note:
Yours is the position I would tend to hold by default, but after consideration switched to the one I currently hold.
... just so you know, I'm not just repeating a position I've been taught to hold, since from what I gather this position is more commonly taught (by people who may or may not know why)
hmmm ok , well we can agree to disagree :)