• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Pickaxe with no uses?

C

Capricious

I tried crafting one and also buying one from a blacksmith and found those to have uses. I have a couple pickaxes that are missing that line of text completely.

Are they just old pickaxes or are they able to be gotten from someone/something currently? Do they break eventually?

An' an idea on price pretty please if not completely worthless.

*sprinkles the thread with chocolates and puts out bottle of rum to hopefully entice a response*

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old newbiefied pickaxe I guess - if you die with it in your pack it'll probably still be there when you're resurrected. That would make it quite desirable but unfortunately they do break after so many uses :(

C

Capricious

Awesome. I'll try that out and see if it stays with me *smiles* Thank you, didn't think about it might being that.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just try and insure it..it wont let u if its already newbie blessed..

C

Capricious

So it let me insure them... that mean these aren't newbie? If not any idea where they might be from? Worth anything?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a couple of shovels like that, if you click (or double) it will go back to showing the uses. Or its a changling dupe that might have caused it to not have use's not sure but if anyones got a changling dog wana test weather it'll have uses when it copies you holding one. I'm inclined to go with the first assumption but only way you'll know is by clicking it and it then not being rareish!! Think i payed like 200k for my shovels years back just cos they looked funky in the garden.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm might just be really old pickaxe....

wayyy back in the early age of UO, those things don't have charges.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the most obvious assumption..The really old pickaxes and shovels and hammers etc had no charges...so id say its one of those....if its newbie blessed u cannot insure it as its already insured due to the newbie blessing.