• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] pick up lobster traps?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any possibility of a command script that will pick up a lobster trap buoy? I know it's possible with Pinco's, but I really don't want to install that monster just for this one function. I'm happy with the new default UI for all else, and so is my poor insufficient pc.
I've tried using the scavenger agent, it will add it to the list, but it won't actually pick it up.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you put your traps out in a long line you can pick them up moving slow forward on your ship just by double clicking with the mouse. I do it and I have horrible ping. You may have to stop and back up once in a while but that's still quite acceptable time wise for me. I start a timer at the first one and lay out a line of 100, reverse back to the start of the line, wait 8-10 minutes and head out start at the first one laid and pick them up. You can figure about 40% loss of traps on this but you can also expect 400-500 stones of crabs and lobsters on each 100 traps.