• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) PIC HEAVY: The Grey Wedding: Tanager and Magichands Have A Siege Perilous Wedding

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Today, the 15th of December, 2018 Siege Perilous enjoyed a touching wedding between Tanager and Magichands. Lord Blackthorn officiated the ceremony. [SPHS] members were able to capture several moments in memory and have them painted at the Colored Canvas in Vesper afterwards.

The Couple walks down the aisle:

Grey Wedding 1 The Walk.JPG

Lord Blackthorn begins the ceremony:
Grey Wedding 2 King Officiates.JPG

Things take a slight detour as the King gets political...

Grey Wedding 3 The King Gets Political.JPG

As the ceremony progresses, more guests arrive bearing....'gifts':
Grey Wedding 4 Max Brings A Present.JPG

The King begins the vows:

Grey Wedding 5 Vows.JPG

Magichands first:

Grey Wedding 6 Magichands Vows.JPG

Followed by the Bride:

Grey Wedding 7 Tanager Vows Too.JPG

Magichands gets emotional as Tanager givers hers:
Grey Wedding 8 Magichands Tears Up.JPG

Husband and Wife!
Grey Wedding 9 Man and Wife.JPG

Eager to be the first to congratulate the new couple, Max Blackoak readies his wedding gift as the couple kisses:
Grey Wedding 10 Kiss The Bride.JPG

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The crowd cheers as we are presented Tangerhands by the King:

Grey Wedding 11 Presentation of the Newlyweds.JPG

In a rare show of emotion, even Hugi tears up:

Grey Wedding 12 Hugi Tears Up.JPG

Magichands, hoping to quickly live up to his namesake, disrobes a bit early as Bo goes full Roose Bolton:

Grey Wedding 13 Magichands Gets Impatient.JPG

Bo and the Blackoaks get a bit too enthusiastic in their celebration....

Grey Wedding 14 Bo Goes Full Roose Bolton.JPG

...and the couple gets an early test of their vows!

Grey Wedding 15 The Couples Vow's First Test.JPG

The Grey Wedding Indeed!
Grey Wedding 16 Namesake.JPG

Once resurrected, the crowd filters down to the reception (note how Tanager the Naughty is already running from behind the house in a change of clothes. Those kids just couldn't help themselves!)
Grey Wedding 17 Reception Hall.JPG

Thankfully, nothing refreshes the recently returned from the dead like an open bar:
Grey Wedding 18 Open Bar.JPG

I cut some quick moves on the dance floor with the revenant. We are so good, even the help says we killed it!

Grey Wedding 19 Killin it on the Dance Floor.JPG

As the couple receive their guests, [SPHS] takes over the DJ duties:

Grey Wedding 20 DJ Calavera.JPG

Sadly, Ol'Rac took full advantage of the free booze, passed out while relieving himself in the cold, and met a grizzly end.
Grey Wedding 21 Bodies On The Floor.JPG

The couple presented a small token to the guests, those still living anyway, that would remind them of this special day in Siege Perilous history!
Grey Wedding 22 A Memento.JPG

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much !!! This report will be a wonderful memory ! And thank you again all that joined in this wonderful day !!! We love you all :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so here's what we had actually planned:
Bo and myself each had a fully 120ed out and trained up pet. Mine was a giant beetle with armor ignore, rune corruption, and poisoning and his was a white chivalry ai cu sidhe.
The plan was to release them, so they would kill people while Tanager and Magichands were supposed to re-tame them.

Well, that didn't work as planned:
Instead of attacking the players the cu sidhe turned on the giant beetle and killed it. Then the cu sidhe finally started to attack people while Tanager failed to tame it until eventually Ol'Rac Nod's reptalon attacked it and ended up killing it. (note to Ol'Rac: when your pet attacks something you don't want it to attack and you can't tell it to stop because you're dead, the easiest way to stop it is to log out and back in while you're a ghost - that will take the pet to the stables until you re-log resurrected...)

So in the end we wasted around 60 million worth of scrolls to kill a couple of people (and pets) and the bride and groom got nothing but deathrobes. Most expensive and useless wedding gift ever?

I stuck around for a bit, hit the dance floor to do the robot and some good ol' bump and grind. Got wasted and tried chatting up Leawyn and Becca - both were not impressed.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo and myself each had a fully 120ed out and trained up pet. Mine was a giant beetle with armor ignore, rune corruption, and poisoning and his was a white chivalry ai cu sidhe.
The plan was to release them, so they would kill people while Tanager and Magichands were supposed to re-tame them.

Instead of attacking the players the cu sidhe turned on the giant beetle and killed it. Then the cu sidhe finally started to attack people while Tanager failed to tame it until eventually Ol'Rac Nod's reptalon attacked it and ended up killing it. (note to Ol'Rac: when your pet attacks something you don't want it to attack and you can't tell it to stop because you're dead, the easiest way to stop it is to log out and back in while you're a ghost - that will take the pet to the stables until you re-log resurrected...)

So in the end we wasted around 60 million worth of scrolls to kill a couple of people (and pets) and the bride and groom got nothing but deathrobes. Most expensive and useless wedding gift ever?

I stuck around for a bit, hit the dance floor to do the robot and some good ol' bump and grind. Got wasted and tried chatting up Leawyn and Becca - both were not impressed.
Hahaha , that sounds Amazing actually :p

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Well i'm sorry that didn't work well but anyway we really appreciated the idea ! And anyway the best presents for us was seeing all our friends in the room, with us, to celebrate a so wonderful day !!!
Really thank you all from our hearts :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! I wish I could have been there, but I was playing host to another ceremony in the spirit realm, involving tigers, dancers, terribly over-spiced curries, and lots of people wearing medals for bravery and some such. I'd rather have been at your wedding!!!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Congrats, I was there for a bit. I stole a hat. ;)

To be honest I didn't even know what was going on. I just noticed a bunch of people going to UWSP, and since I can't keep my greedy hands out of your guilds pockets, I had to come along.