• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Phoenix Festival 2013 - Event Schedule posted

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time once again for Legends Phoenix Festival! For any new citizens who may not know about this tradition, it is a day long celebration of the spirit of Lady Phoenix, a Legends pioneer. We honor her, and all of Legends fallen, with a day of games and giving.

The date for this year's festival will be September 28th, with events tentatively beginning at 2pm and lasting until 9pm. Hosting an event is simple, decide on an event you would like to host and let us know! There may be help furnishing supplies and such, but the whole of the event would be your responsibility, including any prizes, and it's more fun than work. ;) Please keep in mind that your event should be able to be completed within an hour or so... some will run a bit longer and others shorter, but around an hour is ideal.

There is a keep in Skara Brae, just west of the hedge-maze, and that will become, over the next few weeks, the Festival House which will be home base for the day. If a gathering spot is needed for your event please utilize the keep (loose translation, I want you to see my deco!)

You may sign up here in this thread or on the bulletin board at the front of the keep (should be up tomorrow). Please note what your event will be and which time slot you would like..... and it's first come, first served.

And....... since I'm first :) I am claiming the last time slot for FSB. We traditionally hold the net toss and this year I would like to add something to that. After the net toss a candlelight walk, beginning at Brit bank to the moongate (since we can't walk to other land masses) and to Luna to visit Ghostie's memorial there and then on to Spirituality in Ilshenar to visit Bastet's memorial.

So, last Saturday in September, mark your calendars and join us!

Last edited:

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TMC will host the IDOC as always, everyone knows how much Lady Phoenix loved to IDOC.
Aavie wants to do Mage Poker in an evening time slot, probably right before the net toss to make sure she's off work.
I know Luc wanted to do the Vorpal Bunny Bashing and Alice from RD said they'd like to do something too.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all!! Hugs and legends love all around. Yes, I want bash the bunnies on their wee little heads :D I planted all my beds once for thorns, I shall try to plant another round or 2 before the bashing.. I should have a nice amount this year. I think I missed the toast at Bastet memorial again this year.. I know she would understand and be proud of me for going back to college, so I am not to worried about.

Last edited:

Jasmynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi! I do love this day on Legends :) I'd like to host an event. I remember we did pedestal pong last year and that was a lot of fun. If no one has claimed that event, sign me up. Time doesn't particularly matter, sign me up for 4 or 5 if no one has taken them. Thanks!

-Jasmynn McNuge-

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
September 28th?
That is doable. I will spend that week gathering Exodus keys to hold a public Exodus run at that date.
I just hope that Exodus Dungeon won't go on a robe mood like it did last week. :p

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I may try to cobble something together if there be slots needing filled later on.

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all!! Hugs and legends love all around. Yes, I want bash the bunnies on their wee little heads :D I planted all my beds once for thorns, I shall try to plant another round or 2 before the bashing.. I should have a nice amount this year. I think I missed the toast at Bastet memorial again this year.. I know she would understand and be proud of me for going back to college, so I am not to worried about.[/quot

we have plenty of thorns should ya need em Luc!

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes RD is wanting to host an event, trying to think what would be fun to do and not taken! Am hoping I will have that day off! If not will see if my boss lady will let me off early.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alrighty then, this is what we have so far.... and this list is somewhat in order but is by no means binding, we can switch things up depending on all your schedules

Zath - Exodus Run
Raven - T-Map Challenge
Alice - thinking
Luc - Bunny Bash
Mr Crowley and Lebois - Fishing Tournament
Jasmyn - thinking
IDOC - TMC
Rumil - thinking
Aavie - Mage Poker
FSB - Net Toss and Candlelight Walk

so with this list we would be beginning at 1:00pm and the last event would begin at 9:00pm

still room for events, everyone! we could start at 6:00am, you know!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or..... Munk........ you could come host something!!

and everyone, please be aware.... somebody found a stash of yellow crystals ;)

Galedriel613

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"...... we can switch things up depending on all your schedules

Zath - Exodus Run
Raven - T-Map Challenge
Alice - thinking
Luc - Bunny Bash
Mr Crowley and Lebois - Fishing Tournament
Jasmyn - thinking
IDOC - TMC
Rumil - thinking
Aavie - Mage Poker
FSB - Net Toss and Candlelight Walk

so with this list we would be beginning at 1:00pm and the last event would begin at 9:00pm"

Dev, could we please make the T-Map Challenge at 3:00EST or later? I get out of school at 2:15 - I apologize for the inconvenience - Raven Hawk

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no problem, Raven :) we'll switch you with Thinker Rumil

and thank you all for not saying anything about how Dev can't count....... last event would be beginning at 10:00pm :oops:

for those of you that have your plans pretty much in place, could you post details here so that folks can be prepared? IDOC is something that needs no explanation, but for things like the fishing tourney and t-map challenge.... will they need a boat? how many people on a team? their own teams or will they be assigned upon arrival?

and Zath, for the week prior Uriah and I will help gathering keys for you

three weeks to go!! :)

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The TMC idoc house is built, still working on donations, but this year we're doing something different, the house is open to the public. Well parts of it are open to the public, it's actually a correctional institution for the criminally insane, the cells are locked of course. But the public can walk around and see what's there and where you want to stand for the idoc.
The house is located NE of the city of Zento near the pond. Feel free to go check it out. :) Just watch out, the inmates should they be around are dangerous, and not sane.

Jasmynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, the Pedestal Pong house is set up in Luna. :)

I can do whatever time you see fit.

Rules for Pedestal Pong - sticking to the same idea as last year- players will one-by-one step onto the house teleporter located in the garden and magically be transported to one of 5 pedestals. If you reach the top you receive a prize. If you don't, you can single click yourself and choose "Leave House" then get back in the line and try again. There is not limit to how many prize you win, and the game will continue until I run out of prizes to give out (which is about 40 at the moment).

It was a fun event last year and we are happy to continue on with the tradition.

Thanks!
Jasmynn

Galedriel613

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Phoenix Festival 2013 Treasure Hunt Challenge Rules

There will be 5 teams of 5 players

Each team will be assigned a Base Leader (not part of the 5 assigned by the event moderator) and a Team Leader (part of the 5 – the cartographer)

The Base Leader will stay here and makes sure their team complies with the rules of the game

There will be no gating, mounts, nor flying in the house

You can use a Davie’s Locker and you can use Stratics

The Base Leader will keep score on their team’s progress

The Team Leader will turn in solved maps to the Base Leader in exchange for the next level map

All team members must be present to receive the next level T-Map from their Base Leader

In order to receive the next level map, the team MUST return the completed map along with the jewels and the gold from the treasure chest all placed in the provided white bag

The team who completes all T-Maps first wins

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This will be swell, Devil! :D
I am trying to gather the needed ingredients to build more daggers, as the last time I collected them keys, I mostly got robes.

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dev, Sel came up with the idea of a Dingy race! What time slots do we have open? He's hoping for 8pm CST. Think that is 9pm EST?
If slots still need to be filled, I'd gladly get keys for Medusa. Also Damia, get ahold of me or Sel please :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and Zath, for the week prior Uriah and I will help gathering keys for you
Yes ma'm. *hangs head and shuffles off*

But seriously, we have offers of exodus and medusa and maybe more before the weekend is done, this is exactly why I wish the devs would do away with key timers. I think we are long past the days of anyone monopolizing a boss...

Jasmynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys! The Phoenix Fest IDOC Insane Asylum is up and open to the public. I have two photos to give you an idea of all the amazing stuff inside. Go take a look for yourself. It's in North Zento over by the pond. Here are the first two floors. If I have more time, I'll post the other floors later today.

Attachments

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This looks like fun. This weekend I will drop a few interesting things to add to the IDOC house. :)

Also, yes, they should be done with them bloody key timers already.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay everyone, sorry for the delay, this looks like the final list.. if there are any events I missed please let me know right away

I've tried to accommodate all requests as much as possible.... if you really can't do your event at the time posted give me a shout and I'll see what we can do

1pm Zath - Exodus Run

2pm Jasmynn - Pedestal Pong

3pm Luc - Bunny Bash

4pm Mr Crowley and Lebois - Fishing Tournament

5pm IDOC - TMC

6pm Raven - T-Map Challenge

7pm Seledor/Mad Mim - Dinghy Race

8pm Aavie - Mage Poker

9pm FSB - Net Toss and Memorial Candlelight Walk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1 pm is 2 pm here, so it will be doable for me.
I have started gathering keys today. Got 5 sets. I hope that the dungeon gets a bit less stingy with them during the week.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 pm is 2 pm here, so it will be doable for me.
I have started gathering keys today. Got 5 sets. I hope that the dungeon gets a bit less stingy with them during the week.
We got 18 robes, 18 rites, and 14 daggers. Give me a shout tomorrow and I will get them to you. If I'm not on, any tmc member can get them for you. I think we're going to make it in time for the festival

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad someone had some luck getting keys off those stingy things!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We got 18 robes, 18 rites, and 14 daggers. Give me a shout tomorrow and I will get them to you. If I'm not on, any tmc member can get them for you. I think we're going to make it in time for the festival
Wow. Thanks a lot. This will help lots indeed. :)

I will keep grabbing more keys as the week goes by just in case, as if we have enough people, Exodus will go down pretty quick and there will be time for a second run.

I also need to test something there. It seems that there is a bug with them exodus monsters. If you are a warrior engaged in melee with those things and someone sends a pet against them, they will start hitting you, the poor player, with pet damage, which means 200+ damage per hit. :p
I will need to confirm that to report it in.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to real life commitments (ie tons of homework) Luc won't be able to do the bunny bashing but she passed on her thorns to me so the bunny bashing event will go forward as planned. Thanks to Luc, Zath, and Mr Crowley for the thorns.

Events start at 1pm eastern see you all there

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A pity that I couldn't be on for all the events, but thank you all for the quality time we had yesterday.
Much fun was had and much comradeship was seen across the board.
Loved every bit of it. :)