PhD Study - Participants requested for Survey about Griefing in MMORPGs

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

lachto

Hi all, I am working on my dissertation, looking for participants as follows

Thesis Title:

Causes, Magnitude and Implications of Griefing in Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games

My name is Leigh Achterbosch and I am a candidate for the Doctorate of Philosophy at the University of Ballarat, Australia. I am inviting you to participate in a study about the act of griefing and its implications in Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs). This is one of many invitations posted on various MMORPG and online game forums.

This research will explore the following questions; what are the causes and implications of griefing in MMORPGs, and what magnitude of griefing exists in this genre? The intention is to contribute new research and knowledge about griefing and its sociological impact.

The study will involve an online survey for participants of the ages 16 and above. This survey will cover your experiences as a griefer, a victim of griefing, or witness to the acts of griefing. You are invited to participate by following the link<removed> and completing the questionnaire that will take approximately 20 minutes of your time (You can save and reload unfinished surveys should you require). You will remain anonymous by completing this survey. The online survey will remain open until an appropriate sample size is collected. I will repost here when the survey has closed. At some point in the future when data has been collated and analyzed I will repost with some preliminary results in this forum thread.

I would like to thank you up front for any time you allocate towards this research endeavor.

Edit: The survey has closed, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 18, 2008
Good questions. Good luck with your dissertation.