• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pets in a party

observer

Adventurer
I recently joined a party and I noticed my pet was losing health points even though nothing is attacking it. After it died the thing disappeared?
How is this happening?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could have been hit by another pet that is trained in vicious bite special ability:

Vicious Bite (Mana Cost 20)
Trains the creature in the Vicious Bite special ability, causing the creature to inflict a festering wound on approaching targets that does direct damage over time.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pets have an annoying bug with aoes being able to hit friendly, non guild in tram.

I have seen my bane poion people in khaldun, and my dog will go grey in tram without crossing a server line and start trying to kill other peoples pets. Its rare, but i have seen it.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets have an annoying bug with aoes being able to hit friendly, non guild in tram.
Haven't seen non-guild, non-party friendlies hit yet. Previously observed guilded and partied members become targeted by goo and frenzied whirlwind without actively targeting.
Pets occasionaly fww themselves during the current invasion event.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a provocation spell song from a bard was actually buffing your pet's stats when entering the party - for a moment, that looks as if your pet is "losing" hit points while in fact the contrary is true ....