• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets at Champ Spawns arent tameable

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope this isnt intended. You cant tame pets at Tokuno or Ilshenar Champ Spawns. Havent tried Dragon Turtle Spawn or Felucca Champs yet, but I guess its the same. Was a good way to look for colored Hiryus and Lesser Hiryus. Can I Dev please have a look into that, please?!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You have never been able to tame animals at spawns...it's intended.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Those pets have never been able to be tamed. Watching a Blaze Cu at the Twisted Spawn will almost tick a person off ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep.... It's always been that way... shame really. Never could understand that one. What would it hurt?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i find it humorous when people spaz over something that has been in game for years and years.
it just shows how big the game is that people find stuff like this still.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.... It's always been that way... shame really. Never could understand that one. What would it hurt?
Those are meant to be killed quick and fast. Not to have a bunch of tamers standing around and complaining about people killing the spawn to fight the bosses. Which is exactly what would happen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are meant to be killed quick and fast. Not to have a bunch of tamers standing around and complaining about people killing the spawn to fight the bosses. Which is exactly what would happen.
I don't know I could see a bunch of tamers working up the spawn to certain levels to get good pets and then finishing it off... I think it would only add to the fun... most spawn in Fel don't have pets worth taming... Maybe a greater Dragon or two... or perhaps dread spiders or the Serpentine dragon but wouldn't you think that having those do that you might get more action in Fel???

Honestly I always hoped they would allow that sort of thing so we could tame Fairy Dragons in the Abyss and such... IMO I think it would get more people actually doing some of the spawns. If for no other reason than to see if they could find a good pet. But I get what your saying but IMO no one really does most those spawns anyway... I honestly don't see what it would hurt.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i know this was implemented for a reason, but for the life of me i cannot remember why. Maybe the reason no longer applies these days

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Never heard of a reason for it.. would be interesting to know that though.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know this was implemented for a reason, but for the life of me i cannot remember why. Maybe the reason no longer applies these days
When Publish 16 came out two big changes in the patch were the revamped champ spawns with altars and pet bonding, which increased interest in taming. In Ilshenar, the Lord Oaks spawn was seen as a really easy and quick way to tame unicorns and Ki-rins, but there was a bug that because champ spawn mobs are tied to the alter, once the champ ends, any creature spawned from the alter will also eventually poof. So people who tamed rins and unicorns from the Ilsh spawn found themselves with vanishing pets. The devs simply made a quick bug fix to prevent people from taming champ mobs for that reason.
Though like I said earlier this also prevents tamers from harassing people trying to do spawns because a colored cu happens to spawn during the champ and they want to tame it.