• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets and multiple moves

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,

my question is simple. Is it a good idea to put multiple moves on a pet? For example Armor ignore and Dragon breath... I worry that the dragon breath could actually lower the usage of armor ignore and in doing so decrease the overall damage output of your pet.

What is your experience? Do you prefer pets with lesser strong moves or a pet that has multiple?
For example
Fire beetle with AI, Rune corruption
vs
Fire beetle with AI, Goo, Rune corruption,

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning, Hasekura, Often Less is more when it comes to pets... meaning that if you want a pet to do certain combo its best to limit its choices and rng.. Certain pets come per loaded with moves like breath attack and it cant; be helped.. but I would avoid adding that move to a pet not born with it..as it has a cast time... and during that cast time it will not melee swing, move, remove debuffs or heal... causing a huge window where sustained damage is lost... and on encounters like the belfree event often a pet that starts a breath cast will be pushed off the edge.. As for the fire beetle its more of a choice of what you want it to do, what temp you are, and if you will be soloing or playing with a group.. For example a fire beetle with Goo, AI, RC will have less sustain single target burst as one with just AI and RC... but the one with Ai and RC will not have the spawn clearing power of the one with goo making spawns harder to solo or take much much longer... So its kind of a trade off... Goo pets have a small pause in sustained dps too but no where near as bad as a pet with Breath attack... Hope this helps mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me.. until then have a great day =^-^=

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your reply Donavon, it was very helpfull.

Basicaly i have aquired a near perfect Cu Sidhe stat wise on Siege Perilous. Have build it and gave it everything i wanted. It is a Armor ignore discord Cu. Right now i still have 100 points left.
So i was thinking about adding some move but not sure if its a good idea. What would you recomend?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My pleasure, well for the Discord Cu I would use the extra 100 for 200 mana , But before you do that make sure its base damage and str are maxed out and that its dex/stam are at 150 as these are key for max damage for any cu build... One of the best things about the Discord Cu is that once discord lands it will stop trying to use it.(if you mount the pet for more then 12 sec ,move out of range or invis it for 12 sec it will expire on the target and it will start trying to put it back up). meaning all of its remaining mana will be used for armor ignore, bleed, and heal... for this build single target wise I've found that what you currently have works the best max sustained damage wise.. Hope this helps mate.. should ya have anymore questions feel free to ask =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What Don very nicely said plus: Did you add any PS? If not, think about some PS, and if you do not have yet, and you have maxed Dex/Int and damage, you may want to keep the last 100 points for a PS when you eventually get it, if you have nuff points for it..
You may want to post pics of stats and PS etc, to make it easier here..
GJ and GL to yu..

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks again. It helps a lot... Its a shame we dont have any in depth analysis of pet moves and pet behavior with these moves... I really would love to see something like that.

I run Mage/spellweaver/tamer or sometimes i switch to necro/tamer (spawns)... My Cu has 700 HP, 550 mana, max resists, max HP and mana regen, max stamina/dex/strength. He has 620 point remaining for all the 120 scrolls... + 100 points left.

Basically he is ready for action... And after some careful consideration i think increasing mana and leaving it with only AI is the right choice. Or i could max out INT for better mana regen and add 100 mana.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks again. It helps a lot... Its a shame we dont have any in depth analysis of pet moves and pet behavior with these moves... I really would love to see something like that.

I run Mage/spellweaver/tamer or sometimes i switch to necro/tamer (spawns)... My Cu has 700 HP, 550 mana, max resists, max HP and mana regen, max stamina/dex/strength. He has 620 point remaining for all the 120 scrolls... + 100 points left.

Basically he is ready for action... And after some careful consideration i think increasing mana and leaving it with only AI is the right choice. Or i could max out INT for better mana regen and add 100 mana.
Would not add more mana, and keep the 720 (620+100) points alone, make double sure you have maxed damage modifier (?22-33?) and wait for later for PS and for now just go with AI and Disco only. Some people add conductive blast, but right now it is gimped and lasts very few seconds. This one decreases enemy energy resists even further, that goes nicely with Cus 50% Energy damage, but as said lasts very shortly. So for now would just leave these last points alone, and go with Disco and AI that are absolutely awesome by themselves. Less moves is better damage in long run..

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Damage is maxed... That is the first thing i do after reaching 5th slot. Not the first pet i have trained, but i hope its going to be the best. I agree with you on the Conductive blast... From what i measured, its about 4 seconds... Not very good. If it was like with lesser hiryu and CU had this instead of bleed at birth. That would be nice, but i would not waste 100 points on it. Thanks a lot for your help :).

Not sure what to do with the 100 points but i guess i will figure it out sooner or later.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Make sure to sand bag 630ish points just in case you get hit with the round up bug.. sometimes a pet requires alittle over the amount to add the points needed for power scrolls.. it will still only cost you 620 points.. but you would need a few points extra to add all the power scrolls..then just spend whats left over after adding them ^_~