• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet with Chivalry/Necro. What about Karma?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a question. I have a pets with Chivalry or Necromancy. My understanding is that with higher positive Karma some Chivalry "spells" are more effective. The same with negative karma and Necro. So the question is, is MY karma the one it is based off of? Or does the pet have a "hidden" karma somewhere that determines the effectiveness?

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't be surprised if karma was disabled for damage checks for pets.
Some skills don't have dependencies, like Music for Disco for players, and pets usually share the player's karma.
They also cast without spell books.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't be surprised if karma was disabled for damage checks for pets.
Some skills don't have dependencies, like Music for Disco for players, and pets usually share the player's karma.
They also cast without spell books.
You might be right. Thanks for the reply.

Turbo

Adventurer
One thing i do know is your karma is relevant when choosing magic skills. My second tamer was unable to add chiv to a cu i had when my first tamer had put it on 3 other ones no worries. Turns out if you have negative karma chiv disappears from the trainable skills. It re appeared as an option once i got him to positive karma. I havent tested if it works the same for necro/necromage etc yet.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Don't think it matters for necro turbo. I pit necromancy on a tsuki wolf with problems

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
adding necro/chiv is based on the pets karma. I know most of the time, it doesn't matter but if you lose a bunch of karma with a pet out, the pet can't train in chiv. I think there is a hidden number for pets karma. A necro pet doesn't have to worry about it since their karma will always be dropping. A chiv pet should be gaining karma as you kill stuff, but it might drop karma if you killing good things.

Turbo

Adventurer
Test it. Chiv becomes unavailable to train when your karma becomes negative. The cu i couldnt put it on hadnt left the stable since it was transferred to that tamer so if it had its own karma it would still be positive from original tame stats. That tamer coudnt put chiv on any pets until his karma went positive.
There are other things like not being able to teach a pet poison breath until it has learnt poisoning or has poison skill. Same goes for area of nausea but i havent figured out which skills the pet needs before it can learn that. Some skills/abilities make others available on the training options like a prerequisite. Ill do some testing after work and get some exact examples.

Last edited:

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
poisoning-poison breath, aura of nausea, essence of disease, venomous bite, vicious bite

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dread lord tamer never has Chiv as a option on the other hand my Glorious Lord tamer always has Chiva as a option but never necro.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am curious if I go negative karma can i train cu in necro ?
Pets with natural Necromancy and Spirit speak can get necro. Nightmares are an exception, they can got it if you buy Necro and SS for 1000 points.

A Cu can not get necro. Negative Karma only means you can not put Chiv on your pet.