• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Went wild

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Logged on today, on my crafter ,only to find he was dismounted and his beetle now wild and attacking him. although he was mounted when i logged out, being dismounted when i log now happens frequently on all my char's. however my pet being wild for no reason(was fed before i logged and was wonderfully happy) is new, almost lost pet but i managed to log out and back in on my tamer to retame. Now i am waiting a week for pet to rebond.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Need more information. What server, where you were when you logged in, etc. Was the beetle holding anything? How did you previously log out (was it a 5 minute time out, instant, in combat, crash). Did you log out immediately after recalling/switching servers?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
GL, logged in/out at my house. beetle was empty and i manually logged out. i was working on making fuse cord for an hour before i logged out, and was at house the whole time i was logged in. Fed beetle and checked his status about 2-3 minutes before logging out. Also was a little over 24 hours between last time i logged out and logged back in.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing I found that can cause pets to remain in game when you log out is if you’re standing on a house teleporter. Just something to consider if you were in your house.

Callise

Journeyman
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My beetle was wild, but he wasn't attacking me. Unfortunately, his pack wasn't empty when I logged out. I make sure that he's empty before I log out now.

One thing I found that can cause pets to remain in game when you log out is if you’re standing on a house teleporter. Just something to consider if you were in your house.
No teleporters in my house - classic style.

Reactions: afk

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My beetle was wild, but he wasn't attacking me. Unfortunately, his pack wasn't empty when I logged out. I make sure that he's empty before I log out now.

No teleporters in my house - classic style.
No teleporters, however i am missing ingots in my char's pack(have 1 ingot when i should have 957), i did not put in beetles pack but could have dropped on him when i was moving them around as he was standing next to me and overlap is bad in EC, still not sure why i would have 1 ingot still in pack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A person on LS called me in chat. He also had a beetle on his crafter that had a bunch of items in it. It just went wild. He asked if the stuff would still be on the beetle. I went to his house and we could see the weight was 13. He retamed it and everything was gone.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A person on LS called me in chat. He also had a beetle on his crafter that had a bunch of items in it. It just went wild. He asked if the stuff would still be on the beetle. I went to his house and we could see the weight was 13. He retamed it and everything was gone.
When a pack animal goes wild it drops the contents on the ground in a backpack. if it was in a house the pack likely fell under the floor.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a pack animal goes wild it drops the contents on the ground in a backpack. if it was in a house the pack likely fell under the floor.
Darn I wish i looked around more. Coulda saved the day. It was on the second floor of castle. Thanks, Ill try to put that info on the remember side of my brain.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sounds like a random bug... But there must be a common thread that each has ether done or area...
Turn in a bug report and try to remember every detail of what happened prior.. this will help them locate the issue and repair it.
Most but not all who's bugs go wild is from not feeding them and doing the usual "all follow me".
When a pet like the bug, packie etc goes wild anything in their pack falls in a pouch on the ground the second they go wild.
Its not common for this to fall through floors. But if it cant be found otherwise its worth a circle trans to see.

Notice: You can retame your pet! no taming needed. As it was your animal it can be tamed by the last owner which is you.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had this happen once but it was when i was burning off counts and sitting at the bank for 23 hours.
pet bucked me off and went wild.
wouldnt have been bad except for it was a Pure Black Horse.
i put him down, it was the only thing to do once a pet kicks ya off.