• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet went wild during spawn - looses hp

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
my 5 slot lesser hiryu went wild during an undead spawn today. It was wonderfully happy before but it stopped obeying commands and went wild all of a sudden. I was able to retame it before it was killed and quickly left the area only to notice that not only all it's skills on page 1 of the skill page had dropped from 120 below 85, also it's hp had dropped from 700 to 614!!!

The skill loss I don't mind because those can be retrained, the hp loss, however, is absolutely terrible! That's 258 points gone to hell! Either this hp loss is part of retaming (which is new to me) or the pet had been cursed when I retamed it and the curse stuck permanently. Usually I wouldn't mind but I put 120s for every skill on this pet...

Waiting for a GM to respond as we speak but I fear they won't do much about it...

Does anyone else have any experience with stuff like this?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
that means your pet was buffed.. by either bless or tasty treats more then likey( sadly any self buffs they do also causes this).. there is a bug where if a pet does go wild or is release with a buff on it.. there is a recoil effect.. that lowers the stats.. it also happens with debuffs..where if a pet goes wild or is released with a debuff it will loose stats... sadly its very perma =* [

Last edited:

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yeah it must have been weakened when it went wild. it had no way to buff itself because it only had bushido and goo on and I didn't buff it.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tygrath and me found these early on when we were testing debuffs that were sticking to pets after crossing non seamless server lines.. .. the wild one are harder to come by... but normally ya see them happen in lady mel after a tamer get discorded and spams commands causing the pet to go wild with a curse or weaken on it....or on Travesty when she copies discord and tosses it on a tamer...for a time there were even area in the game where pets would just drop from max happiness to near wild in 7 mins time if not noticed and feed.. sadly, there are more then a few bugs that even if the pet doesn't go wild if the right( or wrong thing in this cause ) happens it can take perma stat lose... they corrected a good many of them... but a few are still out there.. like crossing a non seamless server line at sea can still cause clumpsy , weaken, and a few other debuffs to stick to a pet for abit if not perma... Hope this helped mate.. sorry about yur pet .. =* [